All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:14 pm 
Master
Master

[FanT]AsthMaTiK wrote:
TC:E is a total conversion mod.
It means the physics, gameplay, story and a lot of points are different from the original.
You really need the etmain directory, not only because of the engine, but because a lot of ressources are taken from W:ET, like the player models (.mdm for example).
Try to remove the .pk3 from etmain and "enjoy" :P
No characters in console is one of the first things you'll notice.
And of course before to put a .pk3 "in production" on a server, admins/third-party creators test them on a test server.
The problem comes from servers which don't have the same .pk3 as them: theirs can replace the "default" ressources.
Once again it is a little detail, it can be fixed easily by doing a special .pk3 in your tcetest directory and exiting the game before to join another server.

But in my oppinnion how i see it its just a big content pack. that make true combat series more independence than any other mod or even some commercial games out there. I realy want to see moddability in CQB but if it wont beat up the good ol true combat 1.2 i might ofcourse stick more to old.

Btw you did go little offtopic with those server thingies i think :P

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:43 pm 
Master
Master

now i have to know...

Well i like to take example of killing floors gameplay and custom content

First there is perks and these perks can be leveled up

This game too haves a sandbox mode where you can define your own settings for waves and zeds (creatures/zombies) but now it can be abused by (EDIT: insesting LOL good not incesting) inserting clot (most basic zed) in every wave and just slaughtering them with berserker (melee perk) so its easy level up

(EDIT note: so the sandbox leveling have been disabled if it realy matters/matters anyone)

There is a sdk for killing floor which means mini mods, weapons, maps, new animations, total conversions and so on. But when someone makes a ridiculously powerfull barret .50 cal with 99999 damage and 100 zoom scope, then map where zeds spawn miles away and then you may freely snipe em and get easy levelup for sharpshooter

But there is too white list which limits which 3rd weapons (and maps+other stuff) activate perks and level up but first they must be officaly supported and one on dev team put gun in white list so this limits abuse almost to 0.01 % tho someone have hacked/invented how to increase zed and gun damage/hp so that gun is 1 hit kill and you get shitloads of xp.

Well thats the thing it might be little offtopic but great example: so does TC:CQB perks level up or just character? And does it happen on just one match (cs style) or expands in whole game you play?

And we may just think based on my examples how the abuse would happen here: take silencer and camp on some high place shooting bots while they just contiue walking because (silencer seems to not hear anything or even react some times,EDIT lol silly me what a fail) with silencer it seems that they dont hear anything or even react sometimes when they take a hit

growing

getting stronger

Last edited by RedRuM on Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: disable auto download for custom content
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i didnt want to open a new thread about this so i opened it here, hence the topic disable auto for custom content "look at the title of this post"

forgive me if you think this is stupid, but how do i turn off auto download for custom map, is it in:

GAME - get missing files - "do i have to deactivate that?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:56 pm 
Master
Master

yep or open the console with either ^ or ~ and type /cl_allowdownload 0

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:16 am 
Former TCE Contributor
Former TCE Contributor

Hey coroner, are you still looking for help on the 3d/texture art aspect of the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:51 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I'm late on that topic but here's my humble opinion and experience.

Imagine a new player. He saw a video on youtube and he's so excited about trying this game.
He waits more than an hour for his download to finish, starts installing, sets his options and keys.
Now he's finally ready for the great experience!

He refreshes the servers list and pick some random server and it starts downloading some files, maps, weapons, skins, sounds and it's gonna take so long that he presses escape to look for another server where the same senario occurs again. Pissed he may choose to simply uninstall the game and get back to his favorite game...

That's not my personal experience but that's what my friends did when i tried to have them playing TCE.

------------
Custom contents = wait a lot to play
Custom contents = divided community
------------

If Coroner gives us loads of maps and weapons (that would meet the best quality for sure) we wouldn't need any custom content and all play the same game.

That's just my opinion.

Q-SeNs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:58 am 
Master
Master

There are server with only offical files so you don't need to download any file
]HeroS-:-StandarD[ is one of it but is OBJ (Objective Planting Bomb)
Servers where are only offical files are signed with OS icon on the server list u also can set filter for it but mostly full BC (BodyCount) servers have custom files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:07 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

It was made that complicated on purpose to filter out really stupid people from ever playing this game, making a highly intelligent community... almost worked :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:21 am 
Master
Master

Pimplik wrote:
It was made that complicated on purpose to filter out really stupid people from ever playing this game, making a highly intelligent community... almost worked :lol: :lol: :lol:

WTF what are u trying to say ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 am 
Master
Master

well...

As i have had nowday interest to make my own 3rd party lets watch it from my point of view.

Why would i spend my time for a game that doesnt fullfill my exeptions ? Because i would like to make additions that might make it better or i would like to change few things i dont like. And maps... Coroner said that he might make one or two (few) modified maps from tce ones. So do we realy want to play only few maps which are only expanded? Well for a while but i bet nobody plays game with 3 maps forever.

And why would i play game that restricts highly 3rd party stuff when there is already a good game with support for my stuff? (in this case i speak about true combat 1.2)

Should i play CQB because people become happier that one people more who plays only because he feels empathy for CQB. ("poor poor game :( we have to take care of you because we dont want a shamefull death to happen to you") thats sad.

True combat is a mod and lives from mods :wink: thats a fact and thing makes it more independent than many other mods.

And i think coroner have already desided what to do :D

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:40 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Pimplik wrote:

No flamming, just a reaction to your reply.
The problem is that we need to filter servers and that divides players. It's not about being stupid or not.

I guess the most popular obj server is an official server btw.

Another suggestion would be to let people create custom content such as maps and weapons. Those content, if they meet a good quality should be submited to Coroner and/or the community and if validated, added to the next game release.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:51 pm 
Expert
Expert

Oh gosh, stop whining ... Isn't it like that for every games? I don't remember a game where I had nothing to download after installing it!
You look like u want a single player game with some updates every blue moon.
It's a multi player game ... You gonna have custom to dl, indeed ...
If u are too retard to manage dl - turning them off, selecting what u want to keep or not, etc - then stop playing online games :wink:
Plus, without custom files, this game could have been dead earlier. I cannot imagine last leagues/cups I played if there was no custom maps ... I think I should have stop playing tc:e for long time without custom contain.

Such a useless thread ...

PS: And I don't even relate u how long I downloaded - while playing Wolf ET - to join a tc:e server for the first time by accident.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:51 am 
Master
Master

lol Joa same for me :) i just wanted to try new maps in ET and downlaoded TCE :D

Last edited by luka on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:17 pm 
Master
Master

Joa wrote:
(...)Plus, without custom files, this game could have been dead earlier. I cannot imagine last leagues/cups I played if there was no custom maps ... I think I should have stop playing tc:e for long time without custom contain.(...)

yes truecombat did survived because it could rely on some creative custom content (0.48, 0.49b, etc ...).
Some custom content sometimes reached the "official" quality (matilda weapons or kilroy minimods are the best exemple).
In any case this is a serverside choice, then simply avoid servers you dislike, but trust me custom content is what makes a server unique (map rotation choice, custom weapons, or simply nothing to download).

TC:CQB will get the same privileges because we cant expect to get tons of updates each month, we have to remind moders develop this project on their spare time, so better let a place to the community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:58 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

lol I was just kidding, that comment was only directed to about 2/3 people that have been on these forums :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next