TrueCombat
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/

TCE: Close Quarters Combat?
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2077
Page 67 of 75

Author:  Haraldzz [ Thu May 05, 2011 7:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

InVader wrote:
Bullet ricocheting? wow, my idea made it into the game? :D ;)

Bullet ricochets were since TC for Quake 3 version 1.x. They seem to get removed in TC:E however. Bullet ricocheting in CQB is available since first public release.

Author:  InVader [ Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Haraldzz wrote:
InVader wrote:
Bullet ricocheting? wow, my idea made it into the game? :D ;)

Bullet ricochets were since TC for Quake 3 version 1.x. They seem to get removed in TC:E however. Bullet ricocheting in CQB is available since first public release.


Didn't notice... probably because I don't really play the alpha versions much. But good to know... I'm already imagining the possibilities :)

Author:  Haraldzz [ Fri May 06, 2011 1:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

InVader wrote:
Haraldzz wrote:
InVader wrote:
Bullet ricocheting? wow, my idea made it into the game? :D ;)

Bullet ricochets were since TC for Quake 3 version 1.x. They seem to get removed in TC:E however. Bullet ricocheting in CQB is available since first public release.


Didn't notice... probably because I don't really play the alpha versions much. But good to know... I'm already imagining the possibilities :)

It's not really that helpful, as ricocheted bullets gain huge spread and are quite unpredictable. The 25 degree limit makes sense, however makes not the posibility to shoot against a wall that is behind the enemy and hope the bullet ricochets back and kills the enemy. It still is a quite interesting feature.

Author:  InVader [ Sat May 07, 2011 7:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Haraldzz wrote:
InVader wrote:
Haraldzz wrote:
InVader wrote:
Bullet ricocheting? wow, my idea made it into the game? :D ;)

Bullet ricochets were since TC for Quake 3 version 1.x. They seem to get removed in TC:E however. Bullet ricocheting in CQB is available since first public release.


Didn't notice... probably because I don't really play the alpha versions much. But good to know... I'm already imagining the possibilities :)

It's not really that helpful, as ricocheted bullets gain huge spread and are quite unpredictable. The 25 degree limit makes sense, however makes not the posibility to shoot against a wall that is behind the enemy and hope the bullet ricochets back and kills the enemy. It still is a quite interesting feature.


Right now, if you're good enough, you can shoot enemies that are waiting for you behind a corner :) There's so much garbage on the map, you can always find something to get the bullet just a little bit behind the corner. :)

Anyways, that garbage should still be removed :P

Author:  sxy [ Fri May 13, 2011 1:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Regarding herr Coroners latest blogpost:

It seems a bit funny (at least to me) that you are upset with the fact that barely anyone plays the very nice, but somewhat boring CQB. I think that the reason is considerably obvious - playing one (rather small) map over and over becomes a bit boring after a week or two. I don't know if you have ever noticed, but even tce 0.46 was quite repetitive with railhouse and northport being the only two maps.
I've always wondered (since your announcement of the CQB) what are yor real intentions with this game. You put a lot of effort in great, detailed armament system and movement mechanics, but on the other side - you only intend to include one or two small maps, which is quite contradictory. Another a bit strange (at least to me) fact is that you are working with such an old and inefficient engine. After all, you can get way better engines, that are more efficient and better optimised for modern hardware. Some of them are completely free (UDK3 for example).

Author:  Haraldzz [ Sat May 14, 2011 8:25 am ]
Post subject: 

sxy wrote:
Some of them are completely free (UDK3 for example).

*i-need-a-broader-vocab* you man, I ain't playing for the graphics. It's cool to see some new stuff more detailed and other stuff, but no to engine change. Have you seen how modded has been ID Tech 2? The ID tech 2 engine has been modded WAY more than ID tech 3. I can feel ID tech 3 will be modded VERY much later.
I present you, Berserker@Quake 2 - most likely the most advanced Quake 2 engine modification.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TqH1qk_ ... re=related
List of changes:
* Real time shadows
* Distortion
* Reflections
* Bloom
* Bump mapping
* Specular
* Blur
* and much much more.

Keep going Coroner, you are about to make ID tech 3 epic!

Author:  Damien [ Sat May 14, 2011 9:41 am ]
Post subject: 

It's not just about the graphics, it's about how quickly the engine renders a scene.

A modern engine uses the full power of the graphics card which means you can add a lot more polygons to the scene and still get a smooth gameplay.

Besides, coroner made it clear that he isn't switching to another engine or releasing anything as open source (the requirement for using the open source ET engine).

I like CQB but, sadly, this means it's player base will remain somewhere in the middle of players with crappy computers/laptops who complain about the graphics being too demanding and players that aren't going to bother with a game lacking next-gen graphics.

Sure, there are players that are willing to upgrade their computer to the max to play a 10 year old game but we're hardly a majority.

Author:  Haraldzz [ Sat May 14, 2011 10:32 am ]
Post subject: 

Oh, and concerning all these engine things, there is this ioQuake 3 thing - pretty much the same ID tech 3, BUT it gives the ability to make mods standalone, more modding capabilities, smoother engine and maybe some other things, and then I heard about this: http://ioquake3.org/2010/08/12/welcome- ... lfenstein/

Does this mean TC: QCB could sometime switch to ioWolfET and become a standalone game some day? I can say ioQuake 3 is a quite good thing, there are quite many games now released with it (Tremulous, Urban Terror, World of Padman, Smoking guns) and is very reliable. Comments?

Author:  Damien [ Sat May 14, 2011 10:51 am ]
Post subject: 

Projects created using open source versions of Quake 3 and ET's engine have to be released as open source.

Author:  Dragonathan [ Sun May 22, 2011 12:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

EDIT:
if you look at the pictures of the front/index page of this website: http://www.truecombatelite.com you'll see update pictures of CQB, i wonder if you can shoot through the wood, if you can shoot through the wood it would be realistic

Author:  Haraldzz [ Sun May 22, 2011 12:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dragonathan wrote:
if you look at the pictures of the front/index page of this website: www.truecombat.us you'll see update pictures of CQB, i wonder if you can shoot throught the wood, if you can shoot through the wood it would be realistic

1st: wrong link
2nd: every wood is penetratable in TC:E and TC CQB as far as I know.

Author:  Akimbo [ Tue May 24, 2011 7:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

okay lads, lets do this im in !

Author:  hoak [ Thu May 26, 2011 10:06 am ]
Post subject: 

Haraldzz wrote:
Oh, and concerning all these engine things, there is this ioQuake 3 thing - pretty much the same ID tech 3, BUT it gives the ability to make mods standalone, more modding capabilities, smoother engine and maybe some other things, and then I heard about this: http://ioquake3.org/2010/08/12/welcome- ... lfenstein/

Does this mean TC: QCB could sometime switch to ioWolfET and become a standalone game some day? I can say ioQuake 3 is a quite good thing, there are quite many games now released with it (Tremulous, Urban Terror, World of Padman, Smoking guns) and is very reliable. Comments?

Well that's a nice find! And yes it certainly could mean that any mod on WET could become a standalone game depending on: 1) how much work a particular Mod's Author(s) wants to invest, 2) work by other party projects (like but not exclusive to iowolfet and iortcw) to facilitate #1 in sifting and building an engine from the source...

Regardless it gives all projects Coroner on WET both more capability and an indefinate life-span which is much more positive then the way things were looking. Unfortunately like all id Tech source releases this seperate source code from game assets so this can create much new work as it solves problems if one wants to create a stand-alone game...

Still, good news for CQB and FOSS engine projects for the long haul I'd reckon, and will certainly help sove a lot of problems!

:D

Author:  sxy [ Fri May 27, 2011 12:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Still this means no PB support and the source code has to be released to the public. Besides, it is still 10 years old engine.. I hope that the upcoming idtech5 (RAGE) will be the next q3a in terms of playability and resource efficiency :)

Author:  BlAAt [ Fri May 27, 2011 2:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Good to see that this is still worked on. But with no extraordinary gameplay content like the games current state lacks. No people would ever trade a large community like MW2 for a less attractive and allmost dead game like this. Has been nice years with TCE, but after some playtime on this game it just doesn't feel like TCE anymore. That's a shame in my opinion since there was no game the same as TCE and there are at least 10 games "the same" as cqb with better communities and more/faster content. Good luck with your 1 man show coroner.

Page 67 of 75 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/