All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:50 pm 
Master
Master

I'm with Hoak on this one, I really like the PPMM system and it would be a shame if it got watered down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:21 am 
Master
Master

Need OBJ modes now. Current state is pretty good, and would be a shame to only test in Bodycount. The 1-Life per round mode provides a more suited atmosphere for the gameplay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:47 am 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

After playing on servers, I actually reconsidered the turning speed increase and only increased it for the crouch stance to get a good consistency. The PPMM is already pretty decent as it is now.
I did some adjustment to the weapon damages and ranges (there was even a typo in M3S90 and SPAS12 range, which was much too high).

I think BC is just the right game mode to get the basic mechanics right because they really make the game here. If BC is rock solid, the other modes will be a piece of cake to tune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:25 am 
Master
Master

Cool, if you should feel inclined to make changes again for the legacy TC Audience (and I'd in no way trivilize the value of that) perhaps you could at least preserve all the work you have invested in the more realistic to-scale PPMS metrics in a g_realism 1 var for those of us that really like it (and there are plenty of us already).

It has been demonstrated that it's positive when the Developer establishes standard game metrics statutes for his intended Audience(s), that offer enough appeal and varety (via options) that those parties don't end up doing it themselves a dozen different ways creating the mess and mire of too many neiche mods and tweaked servers played only by Modders.

On the subject of scale, I'm not the only one to mention that the player model and FPP looks a bit too large with respect to the map and it's models; while there are some aspects of this I like a lot that are quite realistic (effects on movement in close spaces), aesthetically it looks a bit off. This appears to be more a function of the FPP then absolute player model scale and I'm wondering if it's some function of the settings for widescreen 16:9 displays exascerbating model sale that's only a smidge off?

:wink:

Last edited by hoak on Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:39 am 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

I don't think that the player model scale is off. All is build to metric assuming a scale of 2 cm per world unit. The problem is that we are all so much used to off-scale games, where players are too small and particularly door frames are completely off to let two players pass and to avoid collisions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:12 pm 
Master
Master

I think the player scale is fine.

There are some details on the map which block your movement when they should be kicked out of the way quite easily.

I'm not proposing actually being able to kick them, "surfaceparm nonsolid" should do the trick just fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:55 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

the last 2 days I finally had the chance to play this awesome game and I had a blast. big thanks to you coroner for everything. seriously it made one heck of a gaming experience and it was so niiiiiiice. the new mechanics work great and if I was 10 years younger I probably would play it 24/7 like I used to. :D
anyways, I will definitely play a few games the following weeks! I am "matt" ingame for the record... cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:57 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Damien wrote:
There are some details on the map which block your movement when they should be kicked out of the way quite easily.

Yeah, it's quite annoying when you're blocked by a garbage bag or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:38 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Wouldnt it be interesting to turn deathmatch to lastman standing?
This could give us a bit more conservative gameplay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:54 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Quote:

No!, without an objective this would be slower than obj, a patience competition where the dead players have nothing to do except wait until a camper finds a camper with the difficulty that the 2 of them dont evn move from their nest...

It could be another game mode but dont change BC into that please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:43 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Harbeck wrote:
Quote:

No!, without an objective this would be slower than obj, a patience competition where the dead players have nothing to do except wait until a camper finds a camper with the difficulty that the 2 of them dont evn move from their nest...

It could be another game mode but dont change BC into that please

True, I've sit though this very thing in Urban Terror's "survivor mode"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:57 pm 
Expert
Expert

what a stupid idea...last man standing would make it even more campy than now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:07 pm 
Master
Master

Campy? CQB only appears campy because you can't move around the map effectively. Too many trash bags and door ways to fight through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:54 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Wow, great list of changes/fixes Coroner. Its amazing someone can point out a bug/issue and few days later you've fixed it. Great work so far and I'm sure it'll only get better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:20 pm 
Expert
Expert

Oookaaay, now this stuff sounds interesting :) I was hoping you'd include the different body armors :) Now we're talking :)

Hopefully I get to play during the holidays... damn school can't leave me in peace for 5 secs xD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 75  Next