TrueCombat
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/

TCE: Close Quarters Combat?
http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2077
Page 59 of 75

Author:  RedRuM [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:48 am ]
Post subject: 

*i-need-a-broader-vocab* the killcam.
Thats my input :wink:

If you want to see who killed you, just check the console. If you want to see peoples location, get hax.

I dont know your intentions with killcams but i think more people are againts it :?

Author:  dutchmeat [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:51 am ]
Post subject: 

Since this is a quite sneaky mod, I'm always curious how I got killed. Also, auto-aims are less 'save' to use.
It's not just about who killed you, but how he killed you.

Author:  RedRuM [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

maybe its just me but i never get surprised in any game :?

Usualy if i die from back i either think that
A) i didnt check my flanks enough well
B) someone was better, gotta be more carefull next time.

Im never interested how i was killed if its not something magnifique.

Author:  InVader [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

dutchmeat wrote:
Uncle, DutchFix won't be nessesary in the new release. If it is, I declare coroner a complete idiot, once again.

I haven't seen this in previous posts yet, but coroner, what is your input on kill cams(5sec view from the killer) ? This seems quite suitable for a mod like this.

wtf, you need killcam to learn where they are camping? :D lol, noob :P

Killcam would make the game too easy, not to mention, paranoid ppl would accuse everyone with cheating, who's better than them. Just like in MW2 on AlterIWNet. Also, with killcam most ppl wouldn't be able to properly learn tactics and thus get better at the game. I too couldn't play CoD very well long time ago. It was TC:E that taught me lots of tactics.

I assume a lot of you hate GL in CoD. Right now I can practically assrape Gl-ers :) and all the tactics for it I've learned only from TC:E. Once you got that, all you have to master is a completely different gaming style, than what most ppl use.

If you think somebody has aim-bot, go spectate the guy :P

Seriously, no killcams pls.

Author:  dutchmeat [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Killcams are especially useful to learn tactics. Think about it, if you don't know where the shooting is coming from, you don't know jack shit.
If you do know, the next time you can also take that spot in consideration when you walk there.

Author:  RedRuM [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

InVader wrote:
dutchmeat wrote:
Uncle, DutchFix won't be nessesary in the new release. If it is, I declare coroner a complete idiot, once again.

I haven't seen this in previous posts yet, but coroner, what is your input on kill cams(5sec view from the killer) ? This seems quite suitable for a mod like this.

wtf, you need killcam to learn where they are camping? :D lol, noob :P

Killcam would make the game too easy, not to mention, paranoid ppl would accuse everyone with cheating, who's better than them. Just like in MW2 on AlterIWNet. Also, with killcam most ppl wouldn't be able to properly learn tactics and thus get better at the game. I too couldn't play CoD very well long time ago. It was TC:E that taught me lots of tactics.

I assume a lot of you hate GL in CoD. Right now I can practically assrape Gl-ers :) and all the tactics for it I've learned only from TC:E. Once you got that, all you have to master is a completely different gaming style, than what most ppl use.

If you think somebody has aim-bot, go spectate the guy :P

Seriously, no killcams pls.


Lol and i was going into it gently :rolleyes:

Author:  SnaKeS3K [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

killcam is a difficult subject... while im not averse to the idea of a killcam, i do think it should be considered with caution. the implementation is not easy and unfortunately way too often they can get *i-need-a-broader-vocab* up (newest example is crysis2 demo's buggy killcam). IF it gets implemented, then admins needs some serverside cvars for on/off and duration imo. while in public i might seee it as a nice feature, in leagues/tournaments it would suck incredibly.
besides killcams mostly dont really help with cheaters, in fact people get more paranoid after seeing weird/lucky or skilled shots...
anyway, i think its not that easy to add this feature properly and thus coroner is probably not even thinking about it atm^^

Author:  |2ossĀ® [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

I dont see a point for it either. Especially since it would cause more harm then help. Tce servers are garbage and adding more crap to them will create more lag. I dont get 10% the problems in cod than i do in this game so, yah u get the point.

Author:  Eqpe [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

What the killcam would be good for is locating some of the buggy spots and also quite fast learn how to avoid them, or master them :).
This also helps coroner to get rid of them, if he cares about stuff like that :)

Author:  RedRuM [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Eqpe wrote:
What the killcam would be good for is locating some of the buggy spots and also quite fast learn how to avoid them, or master them :).
This also helps coroner to get rid of them, if he cares about stuff like that :)


Could you xplain how it eases to spot buggy spots.
My buggy brains dont work at evenings :?

Author:  InVader [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

dutchmeat wrote:
Killcams are especially useful to learn tactics. Think about it, if you don't know where the shooting is coming from, you don't know jack shit.
If you do know, the next time you can also take that spot in consideration when you walk there.

You can take the spot into consideration NEXT TIME. Wouldn't it be better if you could hit it right on the 1st time?

A good tactics, always has 95% good guess, where the enemy is camping. If you use killcam you don't learn to think the way the enemy thinks, which gives you the chance to be 1 more step ahead of your enemy, which is the alpha&omega of every plan. With killcam you only get the advantage of knowing you enemies exact location, but not his plan, thus you won't bother creating a complex tactic, nor even care to learn at least his tactics.

Example: You get killed, killcam shows where he's camping. You bunnyjump/throw a nade into the doors and then you get knifed from behind, because the good tactician moved from one corner to the another by that time. Killcam makes you recognize the situation, but does not make you think. The good tactician assumes the situation before it's even happening.
Without killcam you have calculate the enemies possible locations thus creating a "non-straight" tactic. You beat the guys 3 possible moves, before they are even made. If you know your enemy you will even know exactly which move he's going to make.

Sry dude, I don't want CQB to be full with mindless, complaining individuals. It's boring enough being on the top of the MW2 stats :D Let CQB's players gimme heat pls. I want all of you to become the good tactician.

Dynamic spawn points are already bad enough. Ppl just spawn at your back and you suddenly get killed. No tactics needed to get behind somebody. No bravery needed to rush through enemy base. Meh. :P

Author:  Damien [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dynamic spawnpoints are a great thing if done right.

They are terrible in the first MW where you just spawn at random places regardless of enemies nearby.
In MW2, they are done much better, IMO. There seems to be more scripting involved preventing getting spawned in the area visible to the enemy.

Sure, it's not perfect but neither is the ROE + let's hope no-one spawnkills system.

I started working on a dynamic spawn system for TC:E which basically had multiple spawn areas on the map, each with it's "sensors" (trigger script brushes) checking if the area's clear of the enemy.
Spawning would not occur randomly but would follow the progress of the team on the map.

Had to put it on hold though since I had no adequate map to place and test it on.

Another thing to consider is how they make the gameplay more dynamic, instead of regular A>B/B>A rush, you get to defend/attack more positions from different directions and the team mostly progresses as a whole so team deathmatch doesn't turn into a free for all.


As for the killcams, I don't see the practical use. They are a cool feature but that's all. Besides, in 95% percent of the situations you can tell where the guy shooting you is from the camera tilt and stereo sound. Or just let a team mate go first (they are so eager to die) and examine the blood spray.

Author:  InVader [ Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Damien wrote:
Or just let a team mate go first (they are so eager to die) and examine the blood spray.


LOLz pwnd

But I still hate the way the front lines are being flipped. You got focused on one side of the map, where the enemy could possibly appear, then it takes a flip and you see your whole team spawning there... meanwhile you may get backstabbed.

You will need a bloody good radar for this. CoD's radar isn't the best either, but you've got UAV!

The worst is, when players scattered across the map. Wherever you spawn, someone can spawnrape you, or you backstab him, in which case the whole thing equals the static spawns. Of course on a runner's paradise like Favela, it doesn't matter, but otherwise it can be frustrating xD

Also, dynamic spawns will require completely different maps... so right now it came to my mind, that good ol' TC:E maps are not really a good idea. As posted earlier by Coroner, the maps will also be more CoDish, more open, frequent points where paths cross.

Sooo I'm still favoring static spawns. ROE scared ppl away anyways :P Meh :P

Author:  HoboCoP [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

killcam is hilarious in cod, if only in pub, and for the purpose of finding out whether they lucked out, or just got you fair and square. provides a bit of satisfaction. didnt think it was close to feasible on the ET engine though, not sure why it is being asked for ....

Author:  Damien [ Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Perhaps it could be done using the demo replays, not that I'd like the feature.

How about this one, the Pirate Bay server has a custom menu script which enables browsing the server list in-game. This would come in handy when waiting for an empty slot on another server.

Page 59 of 75 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/