All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:35 pm 
Expert
Expert

Dragonathan wrote:
how about gradual leaning,

hold a key and move your mouse to gradual lean left and right

Probably a better idea to implement gradual leanign like Infiltration (INF) did. The longer you press the lean key the more you will lean, and moving would reset it back. Otherwise, if we did it with movign the mouse liek oyu suggest, you would eliminate the possibility to use leaning on the fly as you can't take forever to setup leaning nad then decide to fire/aim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:26 pm 
High Master
High Master

I love TCEs leaning as it is, but opening doors partially would be nice option. Maybe like it was on some tactical shooter (don't remember the name) where doors were opened and closed by using your mousewheel.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:33 pm 
Master
Master

hoak wrote:
RedRuM wrote:
But do YOU notice that these quys in elite have just about light kevlar, primary, no secondary, sidearm, few nades, about 6 or less clips...

As Coroner himself has said 'CQB is not TC:E'; the armor represented as far as aesthteics could be anything, the current damage model is obscure at best as far as realism, but in g_realism 1 would scale what would realistically be worn that visually approximates what's seen in game which would be Level IV unimproved short vests that are more then heavy enough to approximate my previous comments. No version of True Combat has ever had any clips. the games have only had magazines, though several iterations have the nominclature wrong...

The point of g_realism 1 is not to represent the metrics that are in any version of True Combat, or what current TC:E Fans want, they already have what they want; g_realism 1 is to portray the most realistic metrics to-scale with what's represented in the game and that Tactical Realism Fans prefer.

RedRuM wrote:
btw what is TR fan?

It means Tactical Realism enthusiast; Tactical Reailsm games (the good ones) place emphasis on game metrics and design that emphasize realistic tactics making a game where realistic tactics prevail over unrealistic tactics; ergo if it doing "x" would probably get you killed IRL, there is a higher probability it will in a a Tactical Realism shooter to discourage the unrealistic behavior -- rather like moderating Trolls on forums...

:?

Wow clips and mags XD LOLWUT

Well even if there is heavy armor its like 10 kilos less (i think) than in real life with those all fancy equipment and without secondary (as i think tc:cqb haves ?). But in this case i too think that same damage values with tce are ok since heavy armor is... Well heavy :lol:

So theres no idea for tuning realism var ?

But i agree tce was too arcade like and thats why i want g_realism 1 and choose my own armor / weight factors i like more stealthy and light things

Btw im curious why you need heavy armor for close quarter battles ? Small light and compact things are more likely wise choose ?

So clearly i want g_realism too

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:38 pm 
Master
Master

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
I love TCEs leaning as it is, but opening doors partially would be nice option. Maybe like it was on some tactical shooter (don't remember the name) where doors were opened and closed by using your mousewheel.

Lol rainbow six raven shield/lockdown style :D (not sure about 1 and 2) i dont think theres anything special use and im not sure is it possible ?

Maybe nice adition though :D

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:42 pm 
Master
Master

Alpha Red wrote:
Dragonathan wrote:

Probably a better idea to implement gradual leanign like Infiltration (INF) did. The longer you press the lean key the more you will lean, and moving would reset it back. Otherwise, if we did it with movign the mouse liek oyu suggest, you would eliminate the possibility to use leaning on the fly as you can't take forever to setup leaning nad then decide to fire/aim.

Lol nobody noticed when jussi suggested this ? I mean the leaning thing

Lol yay 3rd edit and 100 post

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

Baal wrote:
Gradual leaning? hm. What if the player doesn't move once aimed and leaning, but holding lean and move left and right, cause the player to 'stretch' the lean further with length limit.

Although I like TC:E's leaning, I mostly like the fact that I can lean and move into corners, instead of a CoD4 style leaning, where you have to position yourself first, then lean. I found that to be kinda useless in most situations, and would rather see what I posted above, or a reduced speed version of TC:E.

Errr... no... leaning in CoD is almost the same as in tce. The only difference AND problem with that leaning was, the i couldn't sprint right away when a nade was flying towards me :D in CoD I had top wait til it comes back from leaning xD

Anyway I can FINALLY SEE MY LEGS!!! FINALLY!!! And I'm so glad CQB is the 1st game with that feature :) I always found it kinda creepy that in modern games I can see my shadow, but not the rest of my body :O LOL

@Coroner: Can i shoot my legs too? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:35 pm 
High Master
High Master

RedRuM wrote:

Lol rainbow six raven shield/lockdown style :D (not sure about 1 and 2) i dont think theres anything special use and im not sure is it possible ?

Sometimes just wondered it, when I was taking the bomb at A spot in Northport. The second door at double doors would be nice just to peek through without exposing yourself totally to the guy behind the containers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:42 pm 
Master
Master

RedRuM wrote:

Sometimes just wondered it, when I was taking the bomb at A spot in Northport. The second door at double doors would be nice just to peek through without exposing yourself totally to the guy behind the containers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah something like that would work :D maybe usefull

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:52 pm 
Master
Master

InVader wrote:
Baal wrote:
Gradual leaning? hm. What if the player doesn't move once aimed and leaning, but holding lean and move left and right, cause the player to 'stretch' the lean further with length limit.

Although I like TC:E's leaning, I mostly like the fact that I can lean and move into corners, instead of a CoD4 style leaning, where you have to position yourself first, then lean. I found that to be kinda useless in most situations, and would rather see what I posted above, or a reduced speed version of TC:E.

Errr... no... leaning in CoD is almost the same as in tce. The only difference AND problem with that leaning was, the i couldn't sprint right away when a nade was flying towards me :D in CoD I had top wait til it comes back from leaning xD

Anyway I can FINALLY SEE MY LEGS!!! FINALLY!!! And I'm so glad CQB is the 1st game with that feature :) I always found it kinda creepy that in modern games I can see my shadow, but not the rest of my body :O LOL

@Coroner: Can i shoot my legs too? :D

Im not sure did you understand but nah mistakes happen usualy for both.

With this leaning he meant that when you press example lean left you lean first 35 dedgrees but when you keep pressing character starts to lean more examle max 45 dedgrees. :P

Lol many new modern and even some old games have that feature that you see your feets i first didnt understand why this is so big thing but after i played my new ghost recon a.w 2 game and saw that pretty run stance and animation i just cant stop watching my feets

Dont worry i shoot your toes of with deagle if you cant :twisted:

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:58 pm 
Master
Master

RedRuM wrote:
Btw im curious why you need heavy armor for close quarter battles ? Small light and compact things are more likely wise choose?

If you mean very heavy breech armor like typically seen on a breech team or at least one guy on most CQB entry teams that looks almost like an EOD suit; when you don't know what's on the other side of a door, or wall, and are encountering capable military or para-military talent -- your more concerned about just being able to move and shoot precisely not how fast you can move -- the heavy armor gives you enough time against a capable threat in the open to have time to counter.

I'm not asking for any of this though in g_realism 1, just server side vars that will allow for realistic settings that scale and enforce the kind of game play TR Fans value. It would be great if Coroner also delivers a content management system like that proposed in his TC:CQB Thread, where custom content could be officially supported and segregated as the TR audience has some of the best and most prolific art talent in the mod scene -- but are not inclined to work on hack mods that are not officially supported...

:o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:22 pm 
Master
Master

hoak wrote:
RedRuM wrote:
Btw im curious why you need heavy armor for close quarter battles ? Small light and compact things are more likely wise choose?

If you mean very heavy breech armor like typically seen on a breech team or at least one guy on most CQB entry teams that looks almost like an EOD suit; when you don't know what's on the other side of a door, or wall, and are encountering capable military or para-military talent -- your more concerned about just being able to move and shoot precisely not how fast you can move -- the heavy armor gives you enough time against a capable threat in the open to have time to counter.

I'm not asking for any of this though in g_realism 1, just server side vars that will allow for realistic settings that scale and enforce the kind of game play TR Fans value. It would be great if Coroner also delivers a content management system like that proposed in his TC:CQB Thread, where custom content could be officially supported and segregated as the TR audience has some of the best and most prolific art talent in the mod scene -- but are not inclined to work on hack mods that are not officially supported...

:o

Okay AND i discovered one thing :D

When you look third person floating hand fix you may notice one interesting thing

He holds shotgun which is not sidearm as coroner said in hes blog (i mean its not sawn off) and at hes back he haves either m16 or m4 so this might mean that we have secondarys :P tho i dont remember what coroner have stated in hes blog

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:26 pm 
Master
Master

I have Never been against this G_realism just when it should be released.
I can as well put in my suggestions there to make it fit me.
and btw stop discussing in that topic Hoak, it was only meant for making ideas and not for questioning. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:46 am 
High Master
High Master

I hope that the jumping is not too slow now. The speed was quite accurate comparing to many other games with "moonlike", unrealistic, slow jumps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:33 am 
Expert
Expert

RedRuM wrote:
Alpha Red wrote:
Dragonathan wrote:

Yeah and Coroner already said he will maybe do it if he got enought time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:40 am 
Master
Master

jussi wrote:
RedRuM wrote:
Alpha Red wrote:
Dragonathan wrote:

Yeah and Coroner already said he will maybe do it if he got enought time.

great

growing

getting stronger

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 75  Next