All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:51 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

jussi wrote:
dutchmeat wrote:
Or a bidding system so each member can request a feature, and the feature of the member who pays the most will get in :d

That would be stupid, because they wont still make all the features the members requests.. If they doesnt want/have time.

yeah I forgot to put on my sarcasme face on this one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:55 am 
Expert
Expert

dutchmeat wrote:
jussi wrote:
dutchmeat wrote:
Or a bidding system so each member can request a feature, and the feature of the member who pays the most will get in :d

That would be stupid, because they wont still make all the features the members requests.. If they doesnt want/have time.

yeah I forgot to put on my sarcasme face on this one...

i know xD. But i got a need to answer those still.. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:10 am 
Master
Master

hoak wrote:
|2oss® wrote:
I dont think I want to post in the g_realism thread only for the reason that they arent making the modern realistic soldier in there. They are making:

Woah, no one is 'making' anything but Coroner -- it's a thread for discussing a server option setting by Fans for Fans of Tactical Realism. If you aren't even willing to contribute to the discussion or argue points you don't agree with constructively, what's the point of posting at all?

|2oss® wrote:
I'm seriously considering to go talk to a recruitment facility and get information from them on specifics on the gear, weapons, weight, speed they run, and to realize that soldiers do not have the capability to react quickly with their body, only with their eyes.

A recruiter is a salesman, and the last person you should talk to if you want a real appraisal of anything mil... In fact, you don't even have to stray from your PC: pick the pet force or unit you want to learn more about, look them up on Wikipeida to get proper unit nomenclature company numbers etc. so you can do a proper search, and look for that units sites and forums. Virtually every military unit has some sort of web presence, an active duty forum, and a veterans forum where you'll find lots of seasoned mil personal willing to answer your questions about just about anything you care to know that's not classified, or refer you to the person that can.

|2oss® wrote:
If you wanna incorporate realism, incorporate adrenaline and the ability to lift up a car because a person is trapped under it.

Huh? Have you been watching too much TV? Reading too many Ripley's stories?

|2oss® wrote:
Im not here to offend anyone on their realism views, but having 9 different speeds while crouching, standing, and proning is not realism thats just f*cked.

I'm not aware of anyone suggesting 9 speeds while crouching, or more speeds then the default for that matter, I'd vote against that as well... I am aware of one poster that previously protested he didn't want a g_realism 1 option feature, and now may be trolling the thread with questionably sincere motives...

|2oss® wrote:
lets be honest body armor + 2 nades + 2 weapons is not that exhausting that a person cant run for 10 seconds at full speed, especially if their under fire.

Taking your points in order:

(1) "Honestly" have you even in person seen (no less worn): Level IV Kevlar, a neck dam, a cooling vest, a Helmet, field BDUs, Combat Boots, a Magazine Chassis, a Pistol Belt, Pistol, Rifle, 6 to 12 Magazines, Gloves, Watch, Compass, Maps, Flashlight (ergo a minimal 'light' entry CQB rig)?

(2) Are you even remotely aware of how encumbering all this crap is -- hot, heavy, awkward, and how much readjustment it all takes from fast moving, to being able to raise a rifle with 4+ layers of shit all bunched up around your arms, shoulders and neck, while you're about to pass out from heat prostration? Have you even held one grenade or know how much it or any of this weighs? Do you have any idea how much heavier and encumbering 'Heavy' breech gear is? Do you 'honestly' even care?

(3) The game does not limit running full speed for ten seconds; the sprint as currently documented is 'unlimited'.... How fast do you honestly assume a person could run 'unlimited' or indefinitely wearing breech gear and hauling a weapon?
Are you even "honestly" a Fan of Tactical Realism games like SWAT 4, ArmA II, the R6 Games, FSW, or Ghost Recon? Perhaps g_realism 1 isn't what you're looking for, but what's already being discussed in this thread which is g_realism 0 or default CQB game-play which is already fairly realistc from what Coroner has presented...

:?

But do YOU notice that these quys in elite have just about light kevlar, primary, no secondary, sidearm, few nades, about 6 or less clips and rainbow six squad members and ghost recon have everything they have every heavy kevlar heavy mg primary and secondary (lolwut rainbow six) over 16 clips many nades

As i remember in quake 3 true combat max weight you had was 25 kilos fully stocked but ofcourse you may leave primary or secondary. As far as i remember there is something like 50 kilos of stuff or over in rainbow six/ghost recon so i bet characters may run faster in tce. You may test it taking child in your piggy back and trying to run with him/her i bet you cant run with full speed or run too many hundred metters. And btw you are right it is little arcadish now because it feels taking a lot time shooting someone at chest with mp5. And lol sprint time realy was so amazingly long :roll: i havent ever run out of stamina only by sprinting.

Now we have to remember what sprint is. It is quick run not meant to run more than that 10 meters or 10 sec. I think that in true combat 1.2 stamina drain was perfect. I had to rest or set my profile to walk or even better iron sight and slowly walk

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:09 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hoak: Take a look at the current tce armor, weapons, nades, etc. They dont even come close to what you were saying. There is no 16 clips, no more than 2 nades, sometimes just 1. The body armor on some of the models arent what you said either. The terrorists are wearing a vest, and thats about it. I guess I could see alot of those posts coming true if this was the case you are saying it is, but it isnt. So, like I said I didnt want to post anything crazy in the g_realism because i didnt want to spark any kind of problem.

However,

RedRum did spark an interesting topic. Using weight as a factor to your movements, stamina, and speed is probably the best way to criss cross that line between TCE fans and TR fans.

Any thoughts on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 pm 
Master
Master

|2oss® wrote:
Hoak: Take a look at the current tce armor, weapons, nades, etc. They dont even come close to what you were saying. There is no 16 clips, no more than 2 nades, sometimes just 1. The body armor on some of the models arent what you said either. The terrorists are wearing a vest, and thats about it. I guess I could see alot of those posts coming true if this was the case you are saying it is, but it isnt. So, like I said I didnt want to post anything crazy in the g_realism because i didnt want to spark any kind of problem.

However,

RedRum did spark an interesting topic. Using weight as a factor to your movements, stamina, and speed is probably the best way to criss cross that line between TCE fans and TR fans.

Any thoughts on this?

i have

but i though weight was already considered in CQB because i have understood at start of this topic that its based to both TCE style and TC 0.45 style :shock: and at original TC you even choosed how much clips you wanted to reduce weight/nade count or no nades/no kevlar and helmet/no primary only secondary and sidearms and so on i think stamina settings were perfect on True combat 1.2 as i stated it already :mrgreen:

btw what is TR fan :| ?

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 pm 
Master
Master

|2oss® wrote:
I"m up for more realism:

*Prone quicker. (current one is ridiculously slow.)
Current prone speed seems fine to me, considering the equipment. Faster proning could work for quick cover but penalizing the player with more time needed to raise the weapon to simulate basically falling on the ground also not turning the game in a prone fest.

Quote:
*Being able to aim while falling. (with less accuracy ofcourse)

The accuracy would/should be so low you might as well be shooting from the hip.

Quote:
*Unprone while being able to shoot. (because we all have to use 2 hands to get up?)
What about the recoil, one would surely have problems trying to stand up using one hand and shooting a rifle from the other one at the same time? Then there's the whole accuracy issue again.

RedRuM wrote:
btw what is TR fan?

Tactical realism fan?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:54 pm 
Master
Master

Damien wrote:

RedRuM wrote:
btw what is TR fan?

Tactical realism fan?

Lol why i always fail in these things :P

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:35 pm 
Expert
Expert

RedRuM wrote:
Damien wrote:

RedRuM wrote:
btw what is TR fan?

Tactical realism fan?

Lol why i always fail in these things :P

Nah, its definitely Tomb Raider fan, I know it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:53 pm 
Expert
Expert

lol Tomb Raider! hellz yes! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:53 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

how about gradual leaning,

hold a key and move your mouse to gradual lean left and right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:02 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
how about gradual leaning,

hold a key and move your mouse to gradual lean left and right

Yea :D it would allow some fancy dancing :cheers:

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:15 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Just wanted to drop in and say that I am looking forward to trying this :)

Currently dling TCE. Hope to get back into that first.

[13:50] êÂglÉ: im a republincan
[13:50] êÂglÉ: and i support bush

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:05 pm 
Master
Master

RedRuM wrote:
But do YOU notice that these quys in elite have just about light kevlar, primary, no secondary, sidearm, few nades, about 6 or less clips...

As Coroner himself has said 'CQB is not TC:E'; the armor represented as far as aesthteics could be anything, the current damage model is obscure at best as far as realism, but in g_realism 1 would scale what would realistically be worn that visually approximates what's seen in game which would be Level IV unimproved short vests that are more then heavy enough to approximate my previous comments. No version of True Combat has ever had any clips. the games have only had magazines, though several iterations have the nominclature wrong...

The point of g_realism 1 is not to represent the metrics that are in any version of True Combat, or what current TC:E Fans want, they already have what they want; g_realism 1 is to portray the most realistic metrics to-scale with what's represented in the game and that Tactical Realism Fans prefer.

RedRuM wrote:
btw what is TR fan?

It means Tactical Realism enthusiast; Tactical Reailsm games (the good ones) place emphasis on game metrics and design that emphasize realistic tactics making a game where realistic tactics prevail over unrealistic tactics; ergo if it doing "x" would probably get you killed IRL, there is a higher probability it will in a a Tactical Realism shooter to discourage the unrealistic behavior -- rather like moderating Trolls on forums...

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:10 pm 
Master
Master

Gradual leaning? hm. What if the player doesn't move once aimed and leaning, but holding lean and move left and right, cause the player to 'stretch' the lean further with length limit.

Although I like TC:E's leaning, I mostly like the fact that I can lean and move into corners, instead of a CoD4 style leaning, where you have to position yourself first, then lean. I found that to be kinda useless in most situations, and would rather see what I posted above, or a reduced speed version of TC:E.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:04 pm 
Master
Master

disagreeing Image trolling

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 75  Next