All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:45 pm 
Master
Master

|2oss® wrote:
Im not refereeing about anything im just sticking to what diane posted before on this forum, ( dont wanna read useless posts for pages when this topic is about CQB )and i im glad u know how to make stuff :D.

Well i know but this is not the most offtopic here :D

(piney started :twisted: bhahahaa)

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:06 pm 
Master
Master

:D well there is one thing i want to shout out loud so i know when i play CQB "well i said it" i tried to affect it

The sounds... I saw that they put big effort on True combat elite sounds but still every sound were too similar each other sound world was lame and things that im always watching when i start the game in order are

Sounds/sound world
Bots/offline playing possibility
Gameplay
Map desing
Graphics

Best examples are maybe m3s90 and m4/m16

Sounds were kick as for m4 and m3s90 at tc 1.2 at tce they went lame... Realistic but lame

Reload animatinons went robotic and shotguns overall sounded very similar so they lost feeling of the power

Example at tc 1.2 i just though that is m3s90 overpowered and just so kick ass ? Well i could easily take guy with saiga 12k trough the hallway or clear the room where is 4 nightmare bots and expecialy the prison map was clearly one of the best maps for using it
The sounds and animations were much better and comparing that to tce i see clearly these are just as powerfull in both games but sounds and animations cause it to feel alot more better

Then i have to say same about tce sounds world overall if i have to give it a number it will be 7+ the tension is very high when you shoot wooden box or wall at front of you but nothing special after that

Good example of wonderfull sound world is at urban terror (yeah many might know)

They have many sounds to one wooden object that, a) are not lame ,b) are very much different compared to example wall shooting sound (i mean these sounds are not obviously even closely clear each other in that one object)

Then runing too get me confused there was no actual weapon anywhere (exept when i used scar h mod i saw iron sight waving at the bottom) i want to see even part of the gun and if possible little different runing possition between different weapons

Only clearly positive/better thing at tce was the recoil. it was at true combat almost ridiculous but felt still good. Its going to be even better at CQB so thats thing im waiting to see :D

And reload animations are not hmm prolike/like trained soldiers would do it i think :s

And i extremely much like the idea to reload quietly and slowly :D (like someone suggested earlier)

Now i have shouted every possible critism and creative feed back and i can only hope CQB is going to be more tc 0.45/1.2 like

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:16 pm 
Master
Master

FFS, this kid never shuts up!

Anyway.. I got a question about lighting. Can 'light bulbs' be shot out with this Engine? If so, would that be something anyone else would like to see?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:23 pm 
Master
Master

Baal wrote:
FFS, this kid never shuts up!

Anyway.. I got a question about lighting. Can 'light bulbs' be shot out with this Engine? If so, would that be something anyone else would like to see?

Maybe ,interesting0

You may always try to silence me :sniper:

Btw be happy because i might not hang here for whole next week because im consenrtating more my modeling practices :wink:

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:04 pm 
Master
Master

Baal wrote:
When it comes to lighting, ET's engine has devolved from Q3. Try shooting a weapon in a dark room, you'll notice that the muzzle flash doesn't affect your surroundings while this is not the case in Q3.

You could fake dynamic (swichable/shootable) lights in ET though, via shaders and/or moving the entire geometry (two versions of the same room switching places) but this still won't affect the player models.

In that case your best option would be to minimize the difference between lit rooms and maybe add some ambient light so the models don't seem out of place (too much) in either case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:47 pm 
Master
Master

In other words, no. Darn.. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:13 pm 
Master
Master

Hey CORONER how about a cameo in one of your next videos since your recording it with a video cam :D :D

[00:29] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we keep TCE alive with our BC
[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: but without massa bc this game would be dead
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: and u know it
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:41 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

regarding the update:

everyone flamed me when i suggested to see the models leg when you look down but its implemented and looks good, flaming wasnt worth it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

regarding to the update:

the player model's movement doesnt look realistic though it looks like its hopping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:22 am 
Expert
Expert

@Dragon: i dont recall anyone flaming you for the legs. The legs being shown now is a nice addition and i've always wondered why they werent there since .48.

@Coroner: Referring to your latest video, i was pointed to a potential issue with the hitboxes. ( possibly just bot issue ) Your first few shots didnt register on the bot that you shot. I'm wondering if that is an issue with the hitboxes, or a bot issue. Knowing bots from tce, I know they are messed up in certain situations and that you cannot shoot them while they crouch down. In your video the bot didnt crouch down and your first few shots were right on the target, but the bot didnt go down. You had to try again after turning away thinking it was dead.

Also referring to the new feet view, when you looked down just before you were about to jump off that roof your feet looked really really flabby. Sensitivity?

Didnt wanna grind you down on that, but had to do it =/. Other than those issues ( if their even issues ) your doing a great job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:09 am 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Quote:
@Coroner: Referring to your latest video, i was pointed to a potential issue with the hitboxes. ( possibly just bot issue ) Your first few shots didnt register on the bot that you shot. I'm wondering if that is an issue with the hitboxes, or a bot issue. Knowing bots from tce, I know they are messed up in certain situations and that you cannot shoot them while they crouch down. In your video the bot didnt crouch down and your first few shots were right on the target, but the bot didnt go down. You had to try again after turning away thinking it was dead.

When the video was recorded, there was still a hit box issue which is fixed meanwhile.
Quote:
Also referring to the new feet view, when you looked down just before you were about to jump off that roof your feet looked really really flabby. Sensitivity?

The jerky foot movements are a consequence of ETs animations, which currently use a different pose for the standing animations and have been around for the other players from the beginning. It becomes more obvious for the own feet and it can be easily changed by using another standing pose for all players. However, low priority ATM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:33 am 
Expert
Expert

|2oss® wrote:
Coroner Wrote:

Quote:
Regarding the health system, I've replaced the health boxes by time based regeneration (similar to how it is in latest Cod, but also other games). The underlying 3-zone damage model is untouched. I feel it is more 'realistic' than collecting and dropping health boxes. I also thought a lot about medkits and bandaging or team bandaging options and studied other games and mods but returned to a simple, time-based regeneration system in the end.

Jussi please read the whole forum.

Oww i actually did read that some day but i forgot the whole thing lol.

That is NOT realistic. Regeneration?! Whatever it will be more fun :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:05 pm 
Master
Master

jussi wrote:
|2oss® wrote:
Coroner Wrote:

Quote:
Regarding the health system, I've replaced the health boxes by time based regeneration (similar to how it is in latest Cod, but also other games). The underlying 3-zone damage model is untouched. I feel it is more 'realistic' than collecting and dropping health boxes. I also thought a lot about medkits and bandaging or team bandaging options and studied other games and mods but returned to a simple, time-based regeneration system in the end.

Jussi please read the whole forum.

Oww i actually did read that some day but i forgot the whole thing lol.

That is NOT realistic. Regeneration?! Whatever it will be more fun :)

Right :D its ok if its very slow regeration, best would be slow regeneration and bandage 8)

I was not here then ._.

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:20 pm 
Master
Master

@Coroner : your last video shows a big improvement in the lightings thats nice. About the red dot id say its too big and needs more alpha.

Now coroner dont you fear to create a newb friendly game (crosshair, radar, etc ...) ?
Because the active community is more competition based, maybe some "promod" could be interesting (built in tweaks aka r_filmtweaks, increased damage, no crosshair, etc ...).
And finally what do you plan for leagues and official matches ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:43 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Quote:
Now coroner dont you fear to create a newb friendly game (crosshair, radar, etc ...) ?
Because the active community is more competition based, maybe some "promod" could be interesting (built in tweaks aka r_filmtweaks, increased damage, no crosshair, etc ...).
And finally what do you plan for leagues and official matches ?

Why should I fear to make the game attractive to new players?

Moreover, whether the crosshair stays or not is not even decided. The unaimed fire position will also have a varying vector applied to the gun which moves the fire direction somewhere off the center, similar to freeaim applied to the gun axis. So, in any case crosshair would only provide information about the center screen. Of course you could switch it off.

I currently have a g_hardcore setting (could also be referred to as promode or tactical or whatever fits best) which increases the damage. Let it be subject to play testing which other things should be coupled to it ... radar is for sure a good candidate and crosshair if available.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 75  Next