All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 75  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:01 pm 
Offline
Master
Master

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:13 pm
Posts: 262
Location: Slovenia
Ranger ur weapon is too close to body (sceen) it should me more away like on race work of TC:UA but hand should be a bit lower http://www.torquepowered.com/community/blogs/view/17017


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:37 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:01 pm
Posts: 457
Getting annoyed with Dragonathan is so 2007.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:45 pm 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:22 pm
Posts: 157
luka wrote:
Ranger ur weapon is too close to body (sceen) it should me more away like on race work of TC:UA but hand should be a bit lower http://www.torquepowered.com/community/blogs/view/17017


That is the default iron sights of the default UMP.... :roll: I just moved it over to show Draganathan that he is a waste of space. Also, the point of the weapon aiming system of TC:E is to prevent people from "hip spamming," making it beneficial to use iron sights, so moving the hip fire position towards the middle of the screen is against what coroner intended.

And I'm not annoyed, just pointing out how *i-need-a-broader-vocab* retarded he is.... If anyone posted something as stupid as him, I would tell them the same thing.

It is easy to say "do this shit-ton of work because I feel that it would make the game 100x better because I'm smarter than the developers, hardy *i-need-a-broader-vocab* har." But NOBODY here is willing to take the time to actually learn how the game works so they could maybe contribute.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:39 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:38 am
Posts: 357
LOL all the discussion on weapon position and handling while correct in spirt offers horrible illustrations that are completely wrong with regard to correct handling paradigm, camera position, and anamorphic projection scale...

I agree though that this is a butt-load of work to fix, that isn't worth the cost to a 'one man show mod project' in the delay it will present -- especially considering what's in there now works well enough for a mod that's not in the least geared to scale realism anyway...

If you want to see to-scale weapon handling and camera in a tactical realism game, give the ArmA II ACE mod a whirl, or cool you're heels for a couple more years and wait for Scale Render R&D's tactical simulator.

:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:11 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
luka wrote:
Ranger ur weapon is too close to body (sceen) it should me more away like on race work of TC:UA but hand should be a bit lower http://www.torquepowered.com/community/blogs/view/17017


what does TC:UA stand for? whats the meaning of TCE:UA?

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:31 pm 
Offline
Master
Master

Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:13 pm
Posts: 262
Location: Slovenia
Dragonathan wrote:
luka wrote:
Ranger ur weapon is too close to body (sceen) it should me more away like on race work of TC:UA but hand should be a bit lower http://www.torquepowered.com/community/blogs/view/17017


what does TC:UA stand for? whats the meaning of TCE:UA?

Are u fooling us ? lol TC:UA is Team Combat:Urban Assualt from race (ando)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:57 pm 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 565
Location: Under the hood.
all this discussion between rang3 and dragon just proves how much we love this game and care the future of it.
now hug.
:wink:

_________________
Image
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
http://www.teamgonzo.net
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:43 pm 
Offline
Pwnzer
Pwnzer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:20 pm
Posts: 2531
luka wrote:
Are u fooling us ? lol TC:UA is Team Combat:Urban Assualt from race (ando)


is it a mod? and if it is which game"engine" is it using? or is it stand alone?

_________________
Image
call me Dragon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:02 am 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 565
Location: Under the hood.
Dragonathan wrote:
luka wrote:
Are u fooling us ? lol TC:UA is Team Combat:Urban Assualt from race (ando)


is it a mod? and if it is which game"engine" is it using? or is it stand alone?


The project is currently in ice.
At least the website and forums are down (probably because of my spam).
Standalone, free, independent project. Doesn't relate straight to TC:e in any way.

_________________
Image
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
http://www.teamgonzo.net
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 4:04 pm 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:22 pm
Posts: 157
Race had a total hard drive failure awhile back, I'm pretty sure it is gone for good, until he decides to restart again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 3:41 am 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:27 pm
Posts: 175
I dont wanna say anything Dragonathan because ur obviously blind. Take a look at ALL of your pictures. According to what i said i said put them more to the RIGHT. The old screen shots have the weapon directly at the middle. Also the weapon isnt a pistol. I understand a pistol can be help directly in front of the eyes down the middle OR can be held more to the right as i stated. All your screen shots show more to the right instead of directly in the middle as ur imagining to see. Have you even fired a weapon before? which idiot holds a weapon directly in front of his body and doesnt place the weapon on his shoulder for knock back. Try using an ak47 while ur holding it directly in front of u. Good luck and you'll be knocked out in a split second. The place the weapon should be help should coincide with what handed you are. Lefty = more the the left. Righty = more to the right. IF you have a 3rd hand coming from your chest then maybe just maybe you could hold your weapon directly in front of you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:17 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:38 am
Posts: 357
Ross6056 while Dragonathan may not have it right, you don't either either; and trolling, bullying and insulting doesn't make you righit.

Ross6056 wrote:
I dont wanna say anything Dragonathan because ur obviously blind. Take a look at ALL of your pictures. According to what i said i said put them more to the RIGHT. The old screen shots have the weapon directly at the middle. Also the weapon isnt a pistol. I understand a pistol can be help directly in front of the eyes down the middle OR can be held more to the right as i stated.

Setup for a false premise...

Ross6056 wrote:
All your screen shots show more to the right instead of directly in the middle as ur imagining to see. Have you even fired a weapon before? which idiot holds a weapon directly in front of his body and doesnt place the weapon on his shoulder for knock back.

How about the SAS, SASR, IDF, and Navy SEALs -- not to mention a slew of other special forces; the 'sternum hold' where the butt of the weapon is braced against the sternum rather then the shoulder has proven in marksmanship and race trials to be a consistently more accurate weapon hold and handling position as it offers a much more stable man-weapon shooting platform, greater recovery speed in weapon recoil-recovery-to-sights-target handling...

There's also a 'pistol hold' frequently employed with pistol ammunition SMG's, and compact carbines that have recoil buffers; where the weapons butt is not braced at all and the weapon is held in a more pistol like fashion; for fast maneuver fire.

The acutal weapon hold employed is however immaterial to the discussion and the relative positioning of camera and weapon in aimed and the ready-aim fire positions; making fairly obvious you have never held or fired a firearm -- as even in a shoulder brace weapon hold when you're aimed the center of your attention and FOV are on your sight picture and your target, and there's no asymmetry in your perspective.

Ross6056 wrote:
Try using an ak47 while ur holding it directly in front of u. Good luck and you'll be knocked out in a split second.

Another fallacy (unless you have arms like pipe cleaners) the recoil of an 7.62 is not stupendous or even on par felt from a 12g shotgun, both of which can be fired from without supporting the weapons butt without hitting yourself with the weapon in recoil.

Stop trolling and bickering...

:roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:09 am 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:27 pm
Posts: 175
so you noitce my insult by u dont notice his. ok.. u have seniority here so im fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0mNJwRbS_o

So fairly obvious I never held or fired a weapon before? Wrong. I've been to the gun range a few times so dont assume i havent.

Also here is why you dont hold a weapon directly in front of you. Even though this is a magnum lol but still a good example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3PUXbo3tCo

OH btw thats not me holding the AK lol ..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:34 am 
Offline
Expert
Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:28 pm
Posts: 204
Location: Canada
hoak wrote:
Ross6056 wrote:
All your screen shots show more to the right instead of directly in the middle as ur imagining to see. Have you even fired a weapon before? which idiot holds a weapon directly in front of his body and doesnt place the weapon on his shoulder for knock back.

How about the SAS, SASR, IDF, and Navy SEALs -- not to mention a slew of other special forces; the 'sternum hold' where the butt of the weapon is braced against the sternum rather then the shoulder has proven in marksmanship and race trials to be a consistently more accurate weapon hold and handling position as it offers a much more stable man-weapon shooting platform, greater recovery speed in weapon recoil-recovery-to-sights-target handling...

Sources please.

_________________
Image
"Statistics is the study of how Greek letters can over-complicate graphs."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:17 am 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:22 pm
Posts: 157
I have been in some three gun shoots against some of the best shooters around. Nobody uses a "sternum stance."

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 75  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Style created by © Matti, gry komputerowe, reklama sem reklama seo

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group