All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:08 pm 
Master
Master

coroner wrote:
Quote:
The good thing about counter strike and cod is that they reward a variety of tactics and playstyles, something which tc:e does not.

Well said, that's exactly what CQB should do better.

I was rather hoping for a more adult game that offered more tactical depth then Counter-Strike or Call Of Duty 4, rather then 'stylized play'; but I stand by the premise that Coroner is the one making the effort and anyone that 'feels' his efforts 'need' to satisfy anyone but Coroner -- 'needs' their head examined...

In your initial Blog post Coroner you make the statement: "...this project evolved from plans for private LAN...", can you say more about that? I've read everything you've posted for meaning rather then seeking corroboration that you intend a True Combat: IV as some here are overly invested in pursuing, and get s sense you intend a game that while it may have elements of TC; will be in some ways play differently from True Combat Ja? Or... Please say more!?

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:53 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Nice coroner u save us!
( is there any G3 on ur project ?)
TY :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:48 am 
Master
Master

LOL, I miss the hard hitting weapons of the original Q3A: True Combat too. The AK47 and the G3 both were fairly useless spray weapons, but devestating in the hands of those that used aimed single-shot fire on maps like Baugebiet where you could keep your distance.

Image Image

Look at Coroner go! Eat your hearts out Infinity Ward!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

which build is that hoak? i dont recognise it. pre 0.45?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:51 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

hoak wrote:
LOL, I miss the hard hitting weapons of the original Q3A: True Combat too. The AK47 and the G3 both were fairly useless spray weapons, but devestating in the hands of those that used aimed single-shot fire on maps like Baugebiet where you could keep your distance.

Image Image

Look at Coroner go! Eat your hearts out Infinity Ward!

:D

those pictures u showed should be the unaimed view for TCE or TC:CQB,
so the gun would be more in the middle unaimed, so the unaimed view would be more better because you dont have to guess where the bullet might hit,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:10 pm 
Expert
Expert

That unaim would be completely unrealistic since he's holding the gun directly in front of his chest or even at his stomach. It should be more to the right or to the left based on what handed u are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:13 pm 
Master
Master

This would be the TC:Alien mod :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:29 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Ross6056 wrote:
That unaim would be completely unrealistic since he's holding the gun directly in front of his chest or even at his stomach. It should be more to the right or to the left based on what handed u are.

Dragonathan wrote:
lets say this is the iron sight aim:

now the gun position of the iron sight aim is in the middle, verticle, "12 0 clock aiming"

real humans are capable in lowering the irongsight aim to unaimed position without getting a crooked hand position, so from the iron sight aim to the hip aim you still are able to point your gun towards 12 o clock, try it out with an object, try to hold something in your hands and try to point it at 12 o clock from unaimed gun position, you'll notice it is possible, unless you are physically retarded.

Dragonathan wrote:
look at these pictures:

now the current unaimed position is an unrealistic position, if you were in a battle you would never hold your gun that low, in a combat you always have your gun in a ready to "shoot and aim" position,

the second man on that picture i showed is even holding his weopon too low, he should hold his gun more up, just above his heart, thats how soldiers would hold their weopon in a combat "unless the soldier is using a heavy machine gun",, so imagine those ET hipaim positions, way way too low,

the best thing the devs could do is re-model the gun positions of the ET models,

the unaimed position should be replaced with tc:e's iron sight position
example:

the iron sight aim gun position should be between the eyes and the nose
examples:

is it possible? i dont know perhaps with MD4?
but all i have to say if the 2 gun positions "unaimed/aimed" are correct, than that would be an improvement boost, because if its possible to change the gun positions of the ET models, imagine what more the devs are capable of with the ET models,

i think the third person view of the aimed view should be the unaimed view gun position and the aimed gun position should be higher more infront of the third person model's eyes, like suggested above, that would be more realistic,

this picture shows the aimed gun position
there is line between point A and Point B,
if you look into the ironsight from point A to B theres no way you're able to see this:
unless you hold your gun like this:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:40 am 
Master
Master

HoboCoP wrote:
which build is that hoak? i dont recognise it. pre 0.45?

Actually those are from before my time with True Combat, and before it even had ironsights; so I couldn't tell ya... My sister was playing at the time though and had a bunch of vintage TC stuff on an old PC's hard drives that I'm cannibalizing before I toss it -- you wouldn't believe the stuff young girls look at on the interweb!

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:39 am 
Marksman
Marksman

hey guys been lurking for a while finally got my account activated after i heard of coroners return. Really excited about this coroner hopefully you can pull through :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:10 am 
Expert
Expert

You can go in, find the .mdm and .mdx tools for max, and redo the aim view if it such an issue. Or you can just shut the *i-need-a-broader-vocab* up and live with it, it is a game.

I hate to be so harsh, but I hate people who come up with "amazing ideas of how it should be, blah blah BLAH." If you don't like it, fix it yourself. Hell, I will even give you the .mdm and .mdx SDK for max so you can see how hard it is to fix.

Coroner has enough things to work on without taking time to fix things that have no impact on gameplay whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:58 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Rang3r1_v2 wrote:
Coroner has enough things to work on without taking time to fix things that have no impact on gameplay whatsoever.

what you mean with no impact on the gameplay?
if you put the unaimed gun position in the middle it makes it easier to shoot enemies, so i dont know what your saying, maybe you should shut the *i-need-a-broader-vocab* up,

and stop sucking coroner's ass goof ball,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:11 am 
Expert
Expert

Ok, I didn't want to have to do this, but here is a crash-course in why you are retarded and your shit is all *i-need-a-broader-vocab* up. I feel bad for your whore mother who spawned your retarded crotch-rat ass.

1. The bullet trajectory is calculated in first person view, not third you *i-need-a-broader-vocab*. So the placement of the weapon in third person has nothing to do with where the bullet goes. You are retarded to even consider that, hence why this is useless, and I am wasting my time setting you straight.

2. Since your simple reptilian brain can only comprehend simple visual stimulation, I will draw some pictures to explain.

You do not see the map in true flat projection, it is fisheyed to account for parallax. Here is an explanation:

The red is your monitor, the black is the fisheye to compensate, the orange is your horizon lines, and the blue shows the midpoint of the screen, or the middle of the map per se. The green shows your stupid idea, by moving the gun and cursor either left or right via translation keeps the weapon pointed straight, since you cannot see down the barrel if it was kept to the horizon lines, which it would have to be. Ever think there might be a reason why EVERY *i-need-a-broader-vocab* GAME THAT USES IRON SIGHTS HAS THEM IN THE MIDDLE? How about the reason the cursor is in the middle? No? That is because you know nothing about how games work. Before you try to reply some stupid shit, please, don't, I couldn't give a shit less about your opinion, because it is obviously flawed. As for sucking Coroner's ass (what a retarded phrase) when you have three years of mod work under your belt, you can come back and maybe attempt to have a realistic conversation.

@ Diane or equivalent, I apologize for the excessiveness of this, but it is for his own damn good. I feel the more the community knows about what goes on behind the scenes, the better equipped they are to not make useless requests.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:34 am 
Expert
Expert

To further illustrate, I just decided to move the view model to the right slightly, notice how the barrel stays in line with the horizon? Notice how you can't see down the barrel?

Also, moving the gun up in third person does NOTHING except make it look nicer, it has ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, NONE, NO effect on the bullets. It is just animation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:12 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the one that is retarded is you goof ball,
it does effect the bullets, because you dont have to guess where the bullets might hit the enemies, if the gun is in the middle unaimed view,

if you wanna know why your wrong goofball, than read my previous posts,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 75  Next