All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:31 am 
Master
Master

hoak wrote:
The only 'need' here is for the Developer to be allowed to make the game he wants -- the way he wants; if you really want the product of his efforts see the light if day.

Coroner's not asking for anyone's money or approval; that he's even taken the time and initiative to announce what he's doing and answer questions is an act of kindness and generosity that seems too little appreciated already by people hitting him up with 'pet wish' posts.

He's one guy, that can't possibly satisfy a slew of whims in a life-time. What's more; there's a litany of commercial and free shooters where you can find everything your looking for and have your felt needs gratified immediately.

Personally I just want to see what Coroner creates released preferably unsullied or slowed by the whims, complaints, and laundry list of content pet wishes. Original focused game design under the aegis of one Author are creative efforts that are getting too far and few between...

:cry:

Oh come on, we are asking for one thing, we aren't crying as you are over our posts. Aren't we are able to make wishes?
The thing is that you want to see what he creates while I want to play it ;).
Btw Hoak who are you? I don't think I have seen anyone with that name on the servers.

Quote:
Don't assume its so easy. Plus it just adds to the work needed to be done.
Well easier then the other stuff as it requires less modifications to weapons and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:20 am 
Master
Master

Dont worry eppe, this is just fun to see people trying to get their own interest realized while the real community of active players have fun with all the weapons (including snipers) and do not complain about it.

Always the same negative shit instead of constructive discussion ;)

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
It is funny how this topic gets filled with posts from people who actually doesn't play the game anymore...

Quoted for the truth :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:18 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I agree with all earlier posts, even with this \|/ one about camping.
Baal wrote:
NO SNIPERS.

Having some wanker with uber kill power camping the same choke points = really *i-need-a-broader-vocab* boring. We don't need another CS or CoD clone. If anything, have a ACOG (medium range type scope) on a M4 or something would be alright.

But the truth is that camperz r usually guys with m4 or ak, not with sniper. Besides it's hard to survive with sniper, expecially playing with pros. But sniping is so fun in TC:E, hard but cool.

I don't know how u see this Coroner, what's ur imagination about sniping in CQB at all, but if u would like to put some bolt action rifle into TC:E - CQB it would be nice.
Anyway, i'm looking forward to see the progress.

Cheers,
nalu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:12 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Eqpe wrote:
Btw Hoak who are you? I don't think I have seen anyone with that name on the servers. .

He's been around since practically day 1 - and I'm not talking about TCE.

The proposed mod is NOT TCE - it's CQB. Feel free to make your suggestions, but if they are not planned in the immediate future - please refrain from pushing and pushing... and pushing. If it is ever decided to be put in, it won't be accomplished this way. This mod will not be catered solely to your likes and dislikes.

TCE won't be touched - so if you don't like CQB - and crave some weapon not included - you can always go back to that ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:53 pm 
Expert
Expert

Maybe we should rename this whole website, forums, etc, to CQB and totally forget about tc:e ? Or just create a new website ?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:14 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Joa wrote:
Maybe we should rename this whole website, forums, etc, to CQB and totally forget about tc:e ? Or just create a new website ?!?

I know this was your attempt at wit and sarcasm - but I'll still answer your questions for people who might have a similar and genuine interest.

Since CQB is not yet released - and it's still uncertain it ever will be - there is no need to host a separate website/forum. If it does, I'm sure it will receive the proper individual web presence it deserves.

But in the meantime, since CQB will be based on many aspects of TCE, it only seems logical to host discussions/news on here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:43 pm 
Master
Master

TCE snipers are interesting. But have you guys ever played a clan war in Counter Strike? or CoD4? The AWPer is the most annoying player in the game. You can't turn any corners. The point being no one player should have an advantage over another, from a weapon, lean bugs, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:50 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Is CQC going to be a mod under W:ET or TCE? If it's a mod under TCE wont ya have to patch or fix TCE?

I wouldnt worry if there's gonna be a sniper rifle in the vanilla CQC, they'll be modded in l8r, like Hoak said, let the man make his game.

I'd love to see this do really good, if we just get a fraction of the player base of Urban Terror, or W:ET, it'll be happy fraggin' for all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:16 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Diane wrote:

Since CQB is not yet released - and it's still uncertain it ever will be - there is no need to host a separate website/forum. If it does, I'm sure it will receive the proper individual web presence it deserves.

But in the meantime, since CQB will be based on many aspects of TCE, it only seems logical to host discussions/news on here.

So as far as I have understood, CQB is the "sucessor" of TC:E 0.49 and hence include many TCe similar objects but many new stuff was added.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:03 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

is it called True Combat:CQB/ TC:CQB?

or

TCE:CQB?

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat May 01, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:07 am 
Master
Master

Diane wrote:
Eqpe wrote:
Btw Hoak who are you? I don't think I have seen anyone with that name on the servers. .

He's been around since practically day 1 - and I'm not talking about TCE.

The proposed mod is NOT TCE - it's CQB. Feel free to make your suggestions, but if they are not planned in the immediate future - please refrain from pushing and pushing... and pushing. If it is ever decided to be put in, it won't be accomplished this way. This mod will not be catered solely to your likes and dislikes.

TCE won't be touched - so if you don't like CQB - and crave some weapon not included - you can always go back to that ;)

Well that's nice too see people coming back stating things when they haven't played the game for ages ;).
We have never really pushed it was a simple request.

"Please give us a bolt action rifle as well. Like those we have in game at the moment, they could be scope only and will be a "one hit kill" weapon."
please tell me when I or anyone here pushed for it. Cause the way you put it, make it look like we are "pushing for somthing"
Quote:
" it won't be accomplished this way"
In what way will we accomplish it then? Since politily asking seems to be to hostile. I don't really know any other way then a friendly question.

Quote:
"TCE won't be touched - so if you don't like CQB - and crave some weapon not included - you can always go back to that ;)"

Well you don't play tce anymore so I don't expect you to understand. If I don't like this "CQB", what will there be to go back to? The community as we know it would be even smaller.

EDIT: Maybee the info about CQB should have remained in the forum part for TT members only as it seems as we can't make simple requests or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:13 pm 
Master
Master

NoFrag A FPS focused french website did a short review about CQB :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:37 pm 
Expert
Expert

Baal wrote:
TCE snipers are interesting. But have you guys ever played a clan war in Counter Strike? or CoD4? The AWPer is the most annoying player in the game. You can't turn any corners. The point being no one player should have an advantage over another, from a weapon, lean bugs, etc...

no baal, the point is not that all classes are equal, the point is that every weapon should have its advantages and disadvantages that can be utilised by a team to use them at their most effective. Having various roles that are useful in more specific ways means that you get players filling different roles, snipers being one of them, rather than in tc:e at the moment when 5 players take 5 assault rifles 90% of the time, and take it in turn either camping, or very slowly pushing. the good thing about counter strike and cod is that they reward a variety of tactics and playstyles, something which tc:e does not.

and it's not correct to say "you cant turn any corners" - there are corners that you cant turn in tce, places you cant rush and spots you cant push. the same is true of any game.

coroner, its looking sick. go with your instinct, it has proven spot on before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:12 pm 
Groove Six Studios
Groove Six Studios

Quote:
The good thing about counter strike and cod is that they reward a variety of tactics and playstyles, something which tc:e does not.

Well said, that's exactly what CQB should do better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:43 pm 
High Master
High Master

coroner wrote:
Quote:
The good thing about counter strike and cod is that they reward a variety of tactics and playstyles, something which tc:e does not.

Well said, that's exactly what CQB should do better.

Haha!
Bullshit, both of you.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 75  Next