Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:34 am 
Master
Master

So this will basicly become a cod 4 ripoff?
Cause that is what tce with more arcade moments actually would be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:18 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91rPIq2mN4

Good to see that people are still around.

TC:E was the first FPS game that I actually enjoyed playing (Red Orchestra: Ostrfront was the second and so far they are the only FPS games I've been interested in playing).

Would be *i-need-a-broader-vocab* awesome to get TC:E back. Best times ever. Thanks for those, and I seriously hope you guys can pull off something.

Punk.. TC:E is not dead! Well maybe it is but it could get resurrected to certain state atleast!

Cheers, Prowokator, sucking since .48

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:02 pm 
Master
Master

As Hobocop said, it's true that mostly experienced players play TCE now, so i guess it's better if it keeps the "skills requierement".

Multiple objective would have been a plus to TCE (hack the computer in order to open the door, then explode obj / or steal the documents then send them to the radio / etc..)
As Damien said multiple OBJ might be hard to include in existing maps simply stealing some stuff (like the bomb) in order to plant on OBJ would already add a plus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:38 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Hi Coroner, nice to hear you... i just wanna know if my suggestions will be added on the update, cause i spend allot of thinking in the ideas for TCE,
i hope that the weopon position of the first person view will be more in the middle rather than on the right side and the barrel tat bit on the left side,
and the third person model should have the release aim view more to there chest rather than the hip, read: http://www.truecombatelite.com/forums/v ... n+position

HoboCoP wrote:
and please try not to make it too "noob friendly" - a game like tce, as with any old engine game, is now played exclusively by a competitive clan community. do some testing with people that have extensively played tc:e, Im certain there are things about the current build that will go unchanged without your being informed of them!

the more noob friendly the better it is for the player base population,
currently we are in need of allot of players pro's or noobs, there is not much players around on the servers, i'll estimate 78 players, or maybe more,
so making the game noob friendly can make the player base grow bigger,
because new players would i think stay longer playing tce if its userfriendly, thus a more hooked player base, and more stable player base,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:47 pm 
Master
Master

Tce does not have that high learning curve but those that play the game have played it for years.
There is no "middle" so that's why the learning curve seems so "high".

It is natural that new players will not have a chance when playing against those that have played TCE for years and it does not matter what game it is cause it will always be like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Eqpe wrote:
It is natural that new players will not have a chance when playing against those that have played TCE for years and it does not matter what game it is cause it will always be like that.

what i mean with userfriendly, are the menu interfaces, not the whole competition between pro's and noobs,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:01 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
Eqpe wrote:

what i mean with userfriendly, are the menu interfaces, not the whole competition between pro's and noobs,

Was actually not responding to your post :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:08 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I think i have picked the right time to find a good FPS to play :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

@coroner, are you going to have new player models aswell?
maybe you can use traumahawks models... just a suggestion,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:23 am 
Expert
Expert

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:00 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I have a one question to Coroner - can we do some kind of bug/wish list, basing on things that should be changed since .49b in players opinion? I think that we (players) shouldn't be importunate, cause like you said before - there are no promises. But anyway your return is the last chance to get some major fixes for 0.49b, which we're playing all the time.

Cheers :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:02 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Major fixes for .49 -> 10/10

Noob friendly .50 -> 0/10
'Older' players will return so we dont need more ppl.
Freeaim must be removed. Now you dont have to be skilled in aiming, just wave randomly and shoot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:25 pm 
Expert
Expert

Eqpe wrote:
Tce does not have that high learning curve but those that play the game have played it for years.
There is no "middle" so that's why the learning curve seems so "high".

I would disagree. The learning curve is quite steep compared to msot other games. There is a middle ground but the problem is the difference/area between the middle and the pros is so far that it seems almost unreachable.
Atleast that's what it seems to me. I've played TC:E for several years and whenever I play I get owned. It seems that when I get on, the pros keep gettign better, and I just keep getting crappier. But whatever, guess that's just my POV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Hi :)

Coroner..personally for me u created the best fps shoter in the world :) Much better than COD or latest stuff - Bad Company2 etc. In TCE im playing about 2,5 years mainly in BC (noob:)) mode and i still even not bored! Wonderful game . Thanks to You for this! We all have respect for you.

But...unfortunately i must agree also with Ranger1_v2, d3im0s and Harbec Cat, Ajvngou. (deleted posts - why ? the truth can be constructive) It seems You completely dont respect us. Anyway...

I dont believe (not only me) that 0.5 mod will appear any time. Sad but true. That is why i suggest (again not only me) to do only patched version of 0.49. Nothing more at this moment. There is many bugs..please patch it. Do it for us.

Then if u really want work on new mod 0.5..ok..great! but first i beg u ...give us upgraded version of 0.49. There is a few good points in such solution:

- players will get a upgraded version of 0.49 after such long expectation for it. Besides , upgraded 0.49 should attract many old players who gave up long time ago and it could be good start for expecting 0.5.
- patches should't take much time for u. (i hope)
- if 0.5 never appear players will not be such disappointed like it was in the past. (In fact we rather dont expect 0.5 at all)

Suggested patches for 0.49:

- lean left/right bug
- stairbug
- hitboxes in general
- scoreboard bug
- glitches on maps fix / sources open for modifications for community
- models glitching through walls
- can not shoot while lean and not aimed

ps.
simons wrote:
But anyway your return is the last chance to get some major fixes for 0.49b, which we're playing all the time.

Yes!
Regards for u Coroner and for all TCE (still) players :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:02 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

lol just deleted the unwanted posts.... you maybe were away but you still havent changed...
have fun @ community kissing your dirty shoes...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75  Next