Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 75  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:46 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

BlAAt wrote:
there are at least 10 games "the same" as cqb

Care to list them, I might be interested in seeing what they are like... 'cause I can't think of any. Maybe Code 43: Urban Warfare, but it hasn't been released yet and seems to be dead. Or... Xreal? or is that only an engine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:50 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

BlAAt wrote:
Good luck with your 1 man show coroner.

its about quality, if he has to work with a few more people then he need to share the game designs styles, each developer seem to have their own style of "for example" mapping...,

to be honest i only liked coroner's maps on tce, didnt like the maps of the other developers, coroner can do allot on his own, have u even seen the features he added on his own?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:34 am 
Master
Master

MW2 has a community?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 9:08 am 
Expert
Expert

:lol: LOL Nice one Damien! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 11:35 am 
Expert
Expert

Damien wrote:
MW2 has a community?

ROFL that killed it! xD

Edit: Truth to be told, MW2 does in fact have a unofficial community on AlterIWNet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:54 pm 
Expert
Expert

i think its fair to say that cqb killed the community. look at that forum activity! holy shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:18 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

We get it already you hate CQB. Anyway can't wait to try out that new map. Gonna be hard to hide with all the wooden walls :lol: Also obj_snow seems like it would be a perfect fit for CQB bodycount mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:56 pm 
Master
Master

Really, if this game had suppresive fire... Today did some play testing 1v2 (me vs 2 non-pro players), and I got to say, if I was ambushed in a corner, I was never afraid of them trying to suppress me, I just leaned out and did a shot, unfortunately for them, this shot hit them, while I wasn't hit a single time. Either the enemy aim is quite bad or I'm just not getting the feel I would in real life - if I'm shot, I would more likely wait for the enemy to reload rather than popping out of the same corner and doing 3 shots which do all the bloody work. Really needs suppresive fire in my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

now, now... lets not forget the game is only alpha. It has some amazing features, and...errrr... other ones :D The ACOG sights are the best I've ever seen. Not even those in BF3 look this good. I like the coroners idea of aiming with akimbo. Some weapons are a little bit out of balance (Uzi is definitively not as useful as Mac10 was in tce). Ricocheting is cool, the jiggly-hand aiming is cool too, but Hell, I still couldn't get used to that rotation speed cap xD
What the game really needs right now are more maps, game modes. I think the little tweaks can be done afterwards... that said, if coroner will still care.

Quote:
Really, if this game had suppressive fire

Ahhh... you got picked up on BF3 I see :D I don't know how could be seeing blurry related to being under suppressive fire... wth man? Don't tell me you couldn't lay suppressing fire in tce! Pull out sidearm, keep shooting the edge of the wall while you're moving closer to cover. If the guy dares to lean out, he's dead :P If you would want to suppress the enemy and let your team move a bit more freely in the meantime, you would need a light machinegun, which sadly won't be in CQB as coroner stated.

EDIT: In real life you wouldn't dare to lean out only cause you value your life (I assume), not cause you see blurry. In the game the blurry vision is only there to prevent you from being "epic!" ;-) I mean, who or what's to stop you? Still after some time I bet you'll get used to that, and you'll still pop your head out :)

btw. is anyone else watching E3?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:29 pm 
Master
Master

InVader wrote:
now, now... lets not forget the game is only alpha. It has some amazing features, and...errrr... other ones :D The ACOG sights are the best I've ever seen. Not even those in BF3 look this good.
Yeah, for an alpha it's pretty much epic.
InVader wrote:
Some weapons are a little bit out of balance (Uzi is definitively not as useful as Mac10 was in tce).
It's an alpha version, what did you want? :lol:
InVader wrote:
Ricocheting is cool, the jiggly-hand aiming is cool too, but Hell, I still couldn't get used to that rotation speed cap xD
Takes time.
InVader wrote:
What the game really needs right now are more maps, game modes. I think the little tweaks can be done afterwards... that said, if coroner will still care.
Fully agreed.

InVader wrote:
Quote:
Really, if this game had suppressive fire

Ahhh... you got picked up on BF3 I see :D I don't know how could be seeing blurry related to being under suppressive fire... wth man? Don't tell me you couldn't lay suppressing fire in tce! Pull out sidearm, keep shooting the edge of the wall while you're moving closer to cover. If the guy dares to lean out, he's dead :P If you would want to suppress the enemy and let your team move a bit more freely in the meantime, you would need a light machinegun, which sadly won't be in CQB as coroner stated.

EDIT: In real life you wouldn't dare to lean out only cause you value your life (I assume), not cause you see blurry. In the game the blurry vision is only there to prevent you from being "epic!" ;-) I mean, who or what's to stop you? Still after some time I bet you'll get used to that, and you'll still pop your head out :)

btw. is anyone else watching E3?
Yeah, Battlefield 3 looks like is the most promising game to be released for now. Let's hope it's not just different badass scenes put into the trailer and the rest of the game is utter bullshit!
Getting a blurred vision would always be more "realistic" just because as you stated - In real life you wouldn't dare to lean out, while in video games, you don't care much - you will respawn and get a second chance... for the 500th time... If blurring or darkening the screen, when you pop out, you can't see the enemy as clearly as you would if there was no "suppresive fire" implented.

E3? What's that?

EDIT: Accidently posted this before finished, wanted to preview! >.< 1 sec...
EDIT2: Fixed that ^^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:59 pm 
Master
Master

What we all should be afraid of is the speed of the development. This relatively small map have been in the works for around 2 months or something like that. The map we have atm is only meant to be a bc kind of map.
So to actually have 5 playable obj maps will approximately take around one year to get done. And that time is just for the maps to be done..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:47 am 
Master
Master

It's unknown, Coroner has disapeared for some time now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:58 am 
Expert
Expert

Yea, maybe its time to blog, coroner. Just say its still going on and its ok, please :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:45 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
Getting a blurred vision would always be more "realistic" just because as you stated - In real life you wouldn't dare to lean out, while in video games, you don't care much - you will respawn and get a second chance... for the 500th time... If blurring or darkening the screen, when you pop out, you can't see the enemy as clearly as you would if there was no "suppresive fire" implemented.

Huh? In real life you get blurry vision because you value your life? If that's the case, in the next 5 secs you become unconscious :D And why wouldn't you be able to see anything? It's pretty stupid... It forces the more advanced gamers back to the n00bs' level. BF3 is already a slow paced action and this literally "stops" the game lol.

Anyways, BF3's singleplayer is still gonna suck, just like BC2's. Meh. :P

EDIT: LOLz you dunno what E3 is? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:23 pm 
Master
Master

InVader wrote:
Quote:
Getting a blurred vision would always be more "realistic" just because as you stated - In real life you wouldn't dare to lean out, while in video games, you don't care much - you will respawn and get a second chance... for the 500th time... If blurring or darkening the screen, when you pop out, you can't see the enemy as clearly as you would if there was no "suppresive fire" implemented.

Huh? In real life you get blurry vision because you value your life? If that's the case, in the next 5 secs you become unconscious :D And why wouldn't you be able to see anything? It's pretty stupid... It forces the more advanced gamers back to the n00bs' level. BF3 is already a slow paced action and this literally "stops" the game lol.

Anyways, BF3's singleplayer is still gonna suck, just like BC2's. Meh. :P

EDIT: LOLz you dunno what E3 is? :lol:

Atually, I was reffering to the thing as in video games there is no incenitive to keep yourself alive for as long as you can unlike it is in real life. The darkening/blurring disallows you to jump out of the corner and kill the enemy with 3 shots. In real life, you wouldn't jump out the corner because you value your life. This darkening/bluring is "your fake life"... Well, you just won't jump out the corner like in real life, because you know it will mean your death - like in real life!

Also, you sure BF3 is slow? It looks me actually even faster than CoD MW2 (I could complete that game with my eyes closed).

And yes, I don't know what is E3, what about it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71 ... 75  Next