Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: CQB_player
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:21 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

A render for the Red team - Arctic environment

Camo used:
M05 [Finland], PenCott-Snowdrift [USA], SnakePlissken
M05 [Finland], Kryptek yeti [USA], PenCott-Snowdrift [USA]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:35 pm 
Master
Master

this is pure gold, i would love to play test those on cqb serv... oh wait ;{

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:32 pm 
High Master
High Master

Yeah!
Lets play on that serv...
oh wait.
:evil:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:51 pm 
Master
Master

setting up server is an easy task compared to dealing with good old drama: pb and server lags, no anticheat, notorious cheaters and no fixes for most common issues ;) nobody will even try to build community for game with no regular support :whocares:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I Made some variations for the arctic environment for the spec ops team.

Camo used: Schneetarn [Germany]

All the variations of the textures I have made for the player models are about 1 GB (.tga) so will probably I'm forced to convert everything to jpg and/or to include only those actually used. After I put a bit of order I will probably prepare two packages. The first one for the essential files and the other one for the extra textures. Afterwards I will work on the heads with basic facial animations and I will make another additional package.

I would also like to complete the high-poly mesh of a knife I'm designing according to my experience (I'm a knifes lover) to print it in 3d.

$omator & gonzo|Uncle Bionic
You can easy test my old Z_CQB_players_20150508.pk3 package on a TCE server (unfortunately CQB is not unlocked).
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lkfbnqhn6vos ... =326867460

Bugs for the Z_CQB_player package (tested with TCE):
- Sniper2 ignore the configuration and use same cap of Assault1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:40 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Hi guys, I just write to tell you I'm not sleeping but I'm on the ball. There are good news and bad news.
- Good news
In addition to what I have shown before, I have completed seven head models with their animations. I converted all of the texture into jpg to reduce dimensions and save some memory. I am preparing the preliminary package and am eliminating all the errors I find. The result in the game seems to me very good.

- Bad news
With the new package the memory error when changing the map (ERROR: VirtualAlloc commit failed. Attempt to access invalid address.) is constantly present and I do not hide that I'm frustrated and depressed.
If I use the old pakage with the same installation I have no error. I'm convinced that the solution must be searched within the code limits (probably based on the amount of PC RAM of 15 years ago) such as these lines in tr_image.c

if (strstr (token, "md3_"))
{
if (skin-> numModels> MAX_PART_MODELS)
{
Ren_Warning ("WARNING: Ignoring models in '% s', the max is% d! N", name, MAX_PART_MODELS);
break;

I still have to do many tests (for example using ET Legacy or maybe reducing the length of md3 or texture names) but I think that only the experience and capabilities of a programmer can solve the problem.
If I do not solve the issue then I release the package only to make it evaluated by betatester volunteers. Who find the solution win at least 10 beers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:23 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I probably understand what's the problem. As I thought It looks like we have got some limit for the .md3 that can be included in the .skin file.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:10 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I think I've finally found out the problem generated by my package ("VirtualAlloc commit failed - Attempt to access invalid address"). I think that it could be linked to the amount of md3 that you can handle from skin files and to some variable not properly sized/defined ( maybe here --> tr_image, tr_model.c or cg_character.c).

For example, in tr_image I find the following lines:
if (strstr (token, "md3_"))
{
if (skin-> numModels> MAX_PART_MODELS)
{
Ren_Warning ("WARNING: Ignoring models in '% s', the max is% d! N", name, MAX_PART_MODELS);
break;

1) initially I had this error:
------ Server Initialization ------
Server: obj_snow
RE_Shutdown( 0 )
ERROR: VirtualAlloc commit failed.
Attempt to access invalid address.

----- Server Shutdown -----
---------------------------
RE_Shutdown( 0 )

I solved commenting on the last two lines in head04a.skin (tested on windows TCE/CQB + all tce maps + cqb_sample)

head, "models/players/hud/head04a"
teeth, "models/players/hud/teeth01"
eye1, "models/players/hud/eye03"
eye2, "models/players/hud/eye03"
//eye_patch01, "models/players/hud/head04a"
//hair01, "models/players/hud/hair01"

2) Then came this error:
LOADING... - classes
^1ERROR: characters/temperate/axis/soldier.char, line 4: unknown token 'skinGroup'
ERROR: ERROR: CG_RegisterPlayerClasses: failed to load character file 'characters/temperate/axis/soldier.char' for the Axis Soldier

I solved commenting //md3_beltr in body_s.skin (tested on windows TCE/CQB + all tce maps + cqb_sample)

//md3_back, "models/players/temperate/allied/acc/backpack.md3"
//md3_beltr, "models/players/temperate/allied/acc/beltr_pouch01_b.md3"
md3_beltl, "models/players/temperate/allied/acc/beltl_pouch01_b.md3"
md3_belt, "models/players/temperate/allied/acc/belt_pouch01_b.md3"
md3_legr, "models/players/temperate/allied/acc/legr_holster01_b.md3"
md3_legl, "models/players/temperate/allied/acc/legl_pouch01_b.md3"
l_legs, "models/players/temperate/allied/legs02blue_woodland01"
u_body, "models/players/temperate/allied/body01blue_woodland01"
u_rthand, "models/players/temperate/common/hands01"
u_lfthand, "models/players/temperate/common/hands01"

3) ET Legacy works but does not load some shader/md3 assets and I find these WARNING
LOADING... - classes
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s3.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: failed to register skin 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s.skin' referenced from 'characters/temperate/axis/soldier.char'
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s_p11.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s_p22.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s_p01.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s_p02.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s_p10.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s_p12.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s_p20.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/soldier/body_s_p21.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/medic/body_s3.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: Ignoring models in 'models/players/temperate/axis/medic/body_s.skin', the max is 5!
^3WARNING: failed to register skin 'models/players/temperate/axis/medic/body_s.skin' referenced from 'characters/temperate/axis/medic.char'

It could also be the cause for crash when using Z_CQB_Viewarms_sg552_20160208.pk3 that contains the arms and the sig552?
I used 7 parts in sg552rdsd.weap adding tags to make a compound weapon (and doing also animations to mount/unmount the sight/suppressor/foregrip)
part 0
{
tag "tag_main"
model "models/weapons2/sg552/sg552_view_main.mdc"
}
part 1
{
tag "tag_clip"
model "models/weapons2/sg552/sg552_view_clip.mdc"
}
part 2
{
tag "tag_slide"
model "models/weapons2/sg552/sg552_view_slide.mdc"
}
part 3
{
tag "tag_sight"
model "models/weapons2/sight/sight_view_reddot.mdc"
}
part 4
{
tag "tag_suppr"
model "models/weapons2/silencer/silencer_view_silencer01.mdc"
}
part 5
{
tag "tag_clip2"
model "models/weapons2/sg552/sg552_view_clip.mdc"
}
part 6
{
tag "tag_fgrip"
model "models/weapons2/grip/grip_view_foregrip01.mdc"
}

Is it a partial limit for individual characters .skin file or is a total limit? I don't know, but It would be nice to touch the code in such a way that these treshold are increased.

The package is pretty much ready and need to be tested. Maybe it's a good idea make some screenshots at the maximum resolution. In any case, it's better use the "seta com_ignorecrash 1" option to prevent that some crash reset the configuration at the low resolution. Maybe in the future we could include the full body model in the deploy menu, using cqb_menu_idle & cqb_menu_lookweap animations (cqb_common.aninc in the Z_CQB_animations_20150513) or use head animations like pain or attack sequence.

It would be great if coroner could check the code to see if he can change the limits of md3 manageable via .skin files

You can check my last package Z_CQB_players_20171109.pk3 here -->
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lkfbnqhn6vos ... =326867460

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:58 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I will post your problem on ET:Legacy forums. ET:Legacy team seems to be the only group, which is tinkering with ET source code.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:51 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

IR4T4@Etlegacy.com wrote:
His problem is related to the engine (vanilla and etl). There is a limit of MAX_PART_MODELS = 5 but marze is using 7 parts.
See skinModel_t *models[MAX_PART_MODELS];

ETL is extended to print a warning and doesn’t process more than 5 parts. In vanilla there is no such limit check and the code might run into array out of bounds issues if more parts are used –> crash.

https://dev.etlegacy.com/boards/1/topics/3311

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:15 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Thank you yks.
Unfortunately I already knew that the problem was MAX_PART_MODELS as i wrote but I think we/they miss the point.
I mean, it makes sense to have this kind of limit if you're rewriting and updating the engine? We really need the MAX_PART_MODELS = 5?
I also posted in the Internal Forums of CQB Dev.

Since I'm not even convinced that there is any intention to release a unlocked version of CQB I decided to move my focus on TCE.
I started working on my arms and I reduced the number of polygons and improving some animation to use as example. When finished I can release the .obj/.fbx/.max files so that others can also contribute by adding / improving other weapons.
But now there is a problem as there are three different models of arms: sleeves / sleeves + pads / forearm.
How do I use a arms model for everyone except for covertops and sniper?
Probably I can make two versions of the same weapon and two .weap like this:

mp5_view (for all)
firstPerson {
model "models/weapons2/mp5/mp5_view.mdc"
axisskin "models/weapons2/mp5/sleeve_hold2.skin"
alliedskin "models/weapons2/mp5/sleeve_hold.skin"

mp5_view_special (for covert & sniper)
firstPerson {
model "models/weapons2/mp5/mp5_view_special.mdc"
axisskin "models/weapons2/mp5/forearm_hold2.skin"
alliedskin "models/weapons2/mp5/forearm_hold.skin"

and touch the .gear file, and use mp5_view_special to only to covertops and sniper using "requiredSkill

gm_weapon
{
weaponID "TH1"
weaponFile "mp5"
team "specops"
slot "primary"
requiredSkill 0 0 1
startClips 3
equivalentWeaponID "SH7"
}

I also forgot about something important... first person animations must be synchronized with those third person...

However I made from scratch the model of the m83 smoke granade and realized the animation (including also the safety lever)
Now I'm working on the animation for the AK47. The Ak47 model is very well done but I had to scale it and clean it from lots double faces (probably due to a non-optimal exporter) and currently is not next gen compliant.
I do not know the author. If someone knows the author of the AK47 mesh can give me his contact?. I need to have his permission to scale/clean e make some tuning.
thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:21 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

IR4T47@ET:Legacy forums wrote:
MAX_PART_MODELS has been increased to 7.

I had to adjust the character files in Z_CQB_players_20171109.pk3:
'skinGroup’ and 'skinRoot’ aren’t valid vanilla keywords. After deleting both lines in all char files the pk3 loads fine.

Marze wrote:

2) Then came this error:
LOADING... - classes
^1ERROR: characters/temperate/axis/soldier.char, line 4: unknown token 'skinGroup'
ERROR: ERROR: CG_RegisterPlayerClasses: failed to load character file 'characters/temperate/axis/soldier.char' for the Axis Soldier

I solved commenting //md3_beltr in body_s.skin (tested on windows TCE/CQB + all tce maps + cqb_sample)

I don’t think he has to drop md3_beltr, the error is about the above keywords.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:35 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

thankyou yks

I made some variations of the arms, reduced the number of polygons and rigged the models.
long sleeves & pads --> polys:1470 , verts:826
long sleeves --> polys:874 , verts:448
short sleeves arms --> polys:374 , verts:408
hands --> polys:2260 , verts:1134

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:09 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I did not write any posts because I did not have good news to give.
I maded some animations for weapons (some completely new compared to those present) and with good results.
For example, for AK47 I had added another type of reload and a onother one in which the player can see the accessories mounted on the weapon.
Unfortunately I immediately fight with the error "ERROR: VirtualAlloc commit failed." when the map is changing. The Z_CQB_players and Z_CQB_Viewarms package wan't work together! (both in ET and in ET Legacy).
Until now I practically i'll go step by step and by elimination, to understand what generated it. In the end I won my battle but the war will probably is a draw.

I avoid to tell the list of all the attempts I made and get to the point: there is a maximum amount of memory dedicated to all the player models and their animations (.md3 files). This means that all the models of the heads + animations of the heads + the models of the arms + all the animations of the arms should not exceed a certain amount.

Originally, the game has one head for all the models of players with 400 frames + one model of arms with about 100 frames for each weapon. Realy a poor thing. I made 5 heads with 400 frame animations and three arms models with 180 frame animations and I immediately had the problem "ERROR: VirtualAlloc commit failed.".

As you can see this limit is very, very, very penalizing for those who want to use the engine and make an inprovement with a good graphic level.

Since I can not touch the code I am forced to the following workaround:
- Reduction the number of heads from 5 to 4 and the duration of animations from 400 to 180 frames (I removed HD_IDLE4, HD_DAMAGED_IDLE2, HD_DAMAGED_IDLE3, SMILE)
- Elimination of any accessory for the heads (even the hair will be added via tag in .skin file)
- Reduction of polygons and vertices for models of hands and arms
- Reduction of variations of the arms models from 3 to 2 (sleeve+elbow pads will be unused)
- Reduction of the animations of the arms to have maximum 60 frames (since some are managed by the code such as drop/raise)

I have requested the of coroner's authorization to distribute the new version of CQB but without success so I will dedicate myself to TCE.
In any case, without a proper modification to the engine code, I'm afraid a 3D artist will never do a good job to improve the graphic content related to the players' models and the game's animations.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:29 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Maybe we can again turn to ET:Legacy team and ask them to increase the memory limit?
Downside is that it would make your mod only compatible with ET:Legacy+TCE.

Alternatively you can build a version of ET:Legacy with increased limits for testing and demonstration purposes only.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next