All times are UTC

Post subject: time to beat another dead horse...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, I'm opening up the discussion on bipods again, but this time, with siggesttions on nerfing.

we all know the drill, sniper rifles have bipods that can deploy, and make shooting more accurate.

pros:
More accurate, due to less sway (there still should be some, to factor in light breathing)
whatever else they are supposed to do
now, to make it better,
cons:
cannot move unless bipod undeployed. similar to bipods on LMG's in CoD (or the sniper rifles in AA, for that matter) you cannot move AT ALL with the bipod out.
must be prone to deploy. this is where you run into a few realism issues, seeing as IRL you can deploy on windowsills, etc, but this would make it much more acceptable for gameply purposes
FOV reduced. you cannot turn as far as normal, like the bipods on the mobile MG in ET.

I'm just opening it up for discussion, I"m niether for/against it, just kinda flip-flopping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:31 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if we want to stop camping we need to make it harder. Apparently TCE's snipers dont need to me anymore accurate because right now, they are railgunners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:21 pm 
Expert
Expert

The only thing I really cannot understand is the incredible ROF the m76 and psg-1 have now.

It wouldn't be so bad if the recoil actually frigging worked correctly, because from what I've seen all it does is jump the screen up, and then put it back exactly where your last shot was. This is through experience. I mean in 0.48 once the first shot went off, the gun stayed where the recoil left it- up about an inch, then with each shot after that it just kept going until you were firing into the air at 90 degrees.

Now all it does is jump and go back down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The PSG1 does fire quite faster. I can make two shots in a split second instantly killing anyone even at closerange which normally should not take as much effect.