All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: dem_snow bug. NOTE: EXPLOITABLE
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:17 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

The location in the picture would be on the far east side of the map, close to the terrorist spawn. I am assuming that all are familiar with this location (it's usually a major chokepoint).

Anyways, you keep going through the doorway and across the room with the crates. you get to the narrow lit hallway with some trash bags on the left side (right if you're SpecOps coming out) close to the wall. You can prone and hide in those trash bags, and people will barely see you (unless your gun or bodypart is sticking out). Very exploitable, good for SpecOps campers. Usually they'll walk right pass you without noticing you (of course you kill them before they do).

I am sorry that I do not have actually pictures of the exact location (this one I jacked off of don, sorry don.) I'll try to take some in game shots. In the meantime, I think most are familiar with this. Some of you might even have been killed by someone camping there before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:26 am 
Expert
Expert

Heres some sccreenies of it. Ill try and get a someone to hide there if i can. But if none of you know what hes talking about, look below:

oops i got distracted along the way...sorry:

heres the place:
Here , i sit and wait for unsuspecting prey....:twisted:

Last edited by chosn1 on Wed May 25, 2005 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:01 am 
Expert
Expert

Hmm I wouldn't really call that a bug... I mean you can hide behind trashbags on nearly every map, well dem_erzats (Or whatever its called) I know you can... (Next to the trailer at A, facing the storeroom exit)

To be perfectly honest, you would kinda notice a white leg or head poking out of a trash bag, and going prone means you have little movement ability... so there is a good chance you'll get shot...

Just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 2:56 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Well, you won't believe how many I've killed using this "bug". Most of the times, I only die because some idiot throws a grenade into the hall. And no, unless you are very experienced, most peeps don't notice a limb sticking out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:13 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

lol!! I thought u were talking about the missing texture bug one can see, which is of course a editing mistake...but the trash bags, I mean once you know, where is the problem! 8)

ps: there are a couple spots, little edges of brushes with missing textures in this map...might wanna check for them for the final release.

many greets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:00 am 
Expert
Expert

thank you linux-swat for the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:54 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Yeah, that what I'm talkin' about, right there. Only a experienced eye can distinguish that proned person, especially when you're taking cover, tryin' not to get shot.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]