Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

just remember, TrueCombat is not a arcade shooter,
its a tactical shooter, with allot of elements/features that an arcade shooter dont have.

some will lower the rifle, just to be stealth,
some will lower the rifle to camp,

but that doesnt mean its a bad thing, it means that this game has some incredible depth,

by the way, there are campers in real life war too,
and yess camping is something dirty,

but war is dirty,
if you wanna stay clean, than you should never join a war.

Dragonathan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

here's an idea, I'll get me, xeno, SC, and a few other people to post on clan forums if they would use this feature. it will be somewhat like this:
Quote:
There is an idea that is currently being suggested about manual lowering of your rifle like so: <insert picture here>

we are split on this and would like to hear your opinions

thank you.
<insert signature here>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Okay, so thats what you say it is, but as I recall and will try to find, in a past discussion with a dev, they said that they do not claim TCE as a tactical shooter and the thing is, it really isnt. A tactical shooter doesnt play like a regular fps, and TCE plays like a regular fps. Tactical shooters feature certain things yes, they do, but those things arent the things featured in TCE. Iron sights arent a unique feature to tactical shooters. Call of Duty isnt a tactical shooter but a rather arcady WWII "fps" yet it features ironsights just because it makes it feels more immersive. True tactical shooters would be Ghost Recon, Full Spectrum Warrior, and First to Fight. As you may notice, most of these are squad based. It is the sqaud based strategy required to win that gives these games the right to be called tactical shooters. And I suppose everyone does know what tactical means. The same goes for strategy games. There are realtime strategy games and there are those that are called realtime tactical games. Games like WarcraftIII and Generals are RTS, games like Ground Control and Homeworld are RTT games and there is a big difference. RTS are rather arcady and truly impossible because of the overly stylized economy and base building that doesnt really comply with realtime clocks. RTT games however remove that feature and replaced it with reinforcements arriving instead of being born, grown, and trained in mtter of minutes which is really a stylized cartoonish fantasy.

Post subject: Re: lower your rifle manually.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:45 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
you allready have the ability to lower your rifle in the game,
but thats only if you hold the toggle key and move forward.

but your not able to hold still and lower your rifle.
but its also importent to lower your rifle when you holding still,
why?

because when im in corners like this:

its absolutely importent to lower your rifle.
why?

because most time the enemy will see the tip of my rifle:

i usualy switch to my pistol, when im in corners like that, and we all know the pistol's length is way shorter,

thats why i came up with the idea to lower your rifle manually,
so you can hide inconspicuously:
it should be done by pressing the toggle key once to lower your rifle,
with out moving any directions.

this will increase the "stealth factor"
and it add a little bit "sophistication factor" into the game

Quote:
and xeno please dont move this to the weopon section,
just because you see the words rifle and pistol in this thread,
its not specificly about weopons.
so please dont put this in the weopon section just like you did with allot of threads thats actually about gameplay, but it only has words like pistol/rifle in the thread.

I know I know this is a old thread, but dam this is ONE DAM GOOD IDEA. I just hate it when I’m trying to sneak on to someone and he sees my gun off the wall. I think people should stop treating Dragonathan like shit (not all of you do), cuz his suggestions are good… People think stuff like this is useless, but what makes a game real and immersive is the gameplay. Some people still play 7 year old games and the graphics suck, but the gameplay is what makes it fun and worthy. But it’s just my opinion…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:50 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you cant say that about the spefic 7-year old game called CounterStrike. Otherwise it is the oldest fps in play in today's multiplayer. The graphics are moderate, the gamepla isnt anywhere near realistic even though the weapons are. Most CS players today dont play CS they way it was meant to be long ago. Now its all about low grav servers and nailgun-power like weapons. TCE is already heagding in that direction. What is really needed is a way to prevent admins from being able to do that. Then you can have all your itty bity details when it is safe to say TCE will survive and not be anything like what is happening to CS today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:40 am 
Master
Master

You’re right… I just hate downloading maps from servers and stupid mods to unlock all weapons and stuff. I just hope 0.49 will stop people from adding weird and stupid maps to TCE. Some maps seam like quake3 and TCE is supposed to be a realism fps. I just left a server right now cuz I played 3 quake like maps in a row.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You mean camping, spanwcamping, spawnkilling, trickjumping, and exploitable maps. those are pretty common these days in TCE.

Post subject: Re: lower your rifle manually.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:49 am 
High Master
High Master

Dragonathan wrote:
you allready have the ability to lower your rifle in the game,
but thats only if you hold the toggle key and move forward.

but your not able to hold still and lower your rifle.
but its also importent to lower your rifle when you holding still,
why?

because when im in corners like this:

its absolutely importent to lower your rifle.
why?

because most time the enemy will see the tip of my rifle:

i usualy switch to my pistol, when im in corners like that, and we all know the pistol's length is way shorter,

thats why i came up with the idea to lower your rifle manually,
so you can hide inconspicuously:
it should be done by pressing the toggle key once to lower your rifle,
with out moving any directions.

this will increase the "stealth factor"
and it add a little bit "sophistication factor" into the game

Quote:
and xeno please dont move this to the weopon section,
just because you see the words rifle and pistol in this thread,
its not specificly about weopons.
so please dont put this in the weopon section just like you did with allot of threads thats actually about gameplay, but it only has words like pistol/rifle in the thread.
Lol, what is that popping out there in the second pic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

If I was hiding behind a column in game I would stand facing it, why? Because if I stand facing the column the gun i not visible and I can lean to peek around it. Thats a simpler process than having to go to all the trouble of having to create new code for lowering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:03 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Shiro013 wrote:
I have heard this many many times out of you dragon, you always say a "Real soldier can do (put message here)". I don't see how you would know, all you do is play video games and maybe watch movies, soldiers do not have there gun up all the time, most of the time it is down with the butt still against your should, it allows the soldier or SWAT member to raise the gun quickly, and still land accurate shots. It's called the rest possition, the only time you should have your gun up, is if there is a target, this insures a lower rate of friendly fire should the team be spread out or traveling through large areas. This is a SWAT team in a desert area, notice the gun angle, It's down in the "Rest" Position. Image

true..
i also have seen a documentary about special forces... ive seen that they were lowering their rifles very often... i think this is really possible to script in the game, you know when you sprint, you automaticly lower your rifle right? but why not be able to lower your rifle when you stand still. this is realistic because i think that real soldiers would rest their arms in a while, i think if you keep holding your gun up you'll get tired in real life.

edit
[concept]
purhaps there could be an arm stamina, the longer you hold your rifle up, the more you will sway with your gun, if you lower your rifle, you will regain your arm stamina again and you will shoot more accurately again. it might improve the gameplay, but it could also demage the gameplay.
[/concept]

Last edited by Dragonathan on Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:15 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

That would actually work to stop people from sitting still and camping with the sights up or the gun up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I know it's doable, maybe something like a reverse- sway timer from the scopes. it'd be tricky, but it would make TC:e one of the few games that has it (RO has it AFAIK...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:12 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

That would be a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:18 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

If it weeds out those damned spawncampers then I would be glad to have that feature.