Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post subject: v050 grenade stuck
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:48 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Sometimes when I go to throw a grenade, I click the mouse ( fire ) the left hand pulls the pin, the right goes back. When I try to throw the nade it stays in my hand and the pin is back in it. At that point I cant do anything with it. Cant pull the pin, cant switch back to a gun or anything for 5 seconds or so. Anybody else had this problem? I also get stuck kneeling and sometimes prone and it takes some time before I can stand again. That usually only happenes at the Railhouse. Any suggestions or thoughts on the matter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:53 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I have never seen that problem happen before but if yourre lucky someone in the forums might know. In the meantime if noone answers this fully by 24 hours I will try to get information from a TT member. So hang tight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:16 am 
High Master
High Master

Okay your first problem is the sticky nade bug. One way to get the sticky nade out of your hand is to switch tot he flashbang or smake nade and try throwing it again. Another way is to charge your enemy and die. When you die the nade will explode where you are and kill anyone near by. Your second problem happens to me all the time. The best thing to do is to get away from railing and lights above your head. I'm not sure what causes if, however I know it happens to other players as well.

BTW some servers call the sticky nade an exploit and will ban you for using it. So don't use it unless the server admins know your *i-need-a-broader-vocab* around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:49 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

sure sounds like an exploit. I play on clan servers that nowonder I dont see anyone do that nor have I experienced that myself since I dont use nades all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:08 pm 
High Master
High Master

If you play a lot of BC it will happen to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:12 pm 
High Master
High Master

There's also some weird issues involving sprinting and grenade throwing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:19 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I play BC alot but rarely use the grenade. I play as a sniper so nading someone isnt what I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:05 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I may only happen while sprinting but I never thought about it. Hmmm...I have to look into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:09 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

maybe its best to try in offline or create yuor own server and lock it up so you can test it away from PB's influence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:44 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

It seems to work different on different maps. On the snow map it only happens while sprinting, not walking or standing. In railhouse while walking or sprinting. It's never happened in the village. When it does happen the pin is back in the nade again so charging the enemy wont work. It's stuck and I cant change to a different weapon at all. If I survive the expierence and can get to a safe spot I can only switch weapons once I finally can throw the nade. I cant switch until it is thrown witch can be a problem, now I dont want the nade and teammates might be around. Running a game on my computer dosent work because the game crashes when I try to start it, I dont know what thats all about because I've done it before with ET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:53 am 
High Master
High Master

Hmm, I had this happen to me a few times, pissed me off so bad I redownloaded the game and reinstalled it, it wokred ok for me then. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:56 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

The problem with redownloading the game is that I have over 350 ET maps, several years of playing. Mabey I should start over, I dont know. The good news is after some discussion with my ET clan, were are going to set up a server for TC:E. The server will be in Chicago or Dallas so no more 200-300 ping woohoo!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:19 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the thing is, I can tell you that 80% or more of those maps are just old unused versions. When an ET map is made a beta is released (1), if it gets popular and actually works an official release is made (2), but then it needs tweaks afterwards becasue of an exploitale feature then comes a new version (3), and then there is this clan that likes to play on it and decideds to add their logos and textures (4), same for another clan (5), and then there is that hacker who just wants to piss people off (6). This is an example of how ET maps can end up to be in such large quantities. I used to have 3Gbs of ET maps, third party only not counting the original maps and thats 3Gbs per mod as each mod also has a different version. Its annoying isnt it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:51 am 
High Master
High Master

Lol, I have over 400, you just have to go to your ET main, put the maps in another folder, and put them back when you get your game reinstalled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The thing is you dont use all of them. thats why I only play on one server as much as possible.