All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:11 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

wrong spelling, not is none. Having excessively realistic armor simulation will really turn the game into a long firefight instead of a quick fast paced game. This would be nice for OBJ, but in doing so will kinda turn TCE from straightforward action and tactical shooter into a stealth shooter. Although Id like to see a side on side stand off between specops and terror. Both sides taking shots at each other and noone is getting killed, they both have low walls and stuff to hide behind, that is the stuff of real firefights, ones that last for minutes or hours. ofcourse, who would want to spend one hour ducking behind a pile of rocks with limited ammo. After the ammo runs out, everyone runs out for the knifing frenzy, something im kinda good at with the ET engine. hey, maybe when the minimod capability is activated, there could be a realistic armor minimod where the bullets have little or no damage done to certain areas that the armor protects, Id like to see what happens to the gameplay then. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:52 am 
Master
Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Having excessively realistic armor simulation will really turn the game into a long firefight instead of a quick fast paced game.

Did you even read Coroner's big news post? TC:E will in effect be three different games... As far as realistic scale armor turning the game in to a long firefight; that's simply ridiculous -- as other games and mods that have scaled armor have proven. Sure the Spam & Rambo crowd that loves CTF will find it slower paced -- but Coroner has said that the objective game was not going to be geard for them anyway...

XenoKiLLer wrote:
This would be nice for OBJ, but in doing so will kinda turn TCE from straightforward action and tactical shooter into a stealth shooter.

Not stealth but Tactical Realism or Squad Tactical Shooter are the most correct monkers. There are an enormous number of Fans seeking exactly that sort fo game as the latest R6 game to fill the void will be a virtual clone of TC:E as it is now.

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Both sides taking shots at each other and noone is getting killed, they both have low walls and stuff to hide behind, that is the stuff of real firefights, ones that last for minutes or hours. ofcourse, who would want to spend one hour ducking behind a pile of rocks with limited ammo.

You're grossly exaggerating, and it's well and fine if you don't like or understand Tactical Realism or TacSim games -- but many do, and love them dearly as you seem to love Fantasy Arcade games with a realism paint job...

XenoKiLLer wrote:
After the ammo runs out, everyone runs out for the knifing frenzy, something im kinda good at with the ET engine.

That simply sarcastic ignorance speaking and ridiculous -- that is not how STS games are played or ever the outcome.

If you're not effective from your current position you manuver as a squad using real tactics of displacment and cover, before ammunition ever gets to be an issue, or your objective is jeaprodized -- Tactical Realism games always have an objective -- and killing is only the means not the end. It's pretty obvios you've never played an STS game or mod -- all well and fine, but your assumptions about how they play is simply ridiculous.

XenoKiLLer wrote:
hey, maybe when the minimod capability is activated, there could be a realistic armor minimod where the bullets have little or no damage done to certain areas that the armor protects, Id like to see what happens to the gameplay then. :roll:

Here your remarks have gone from simply ignorant and uninformed to petty, sarcastic and insulting -- that's really not constructive to making any manner of point, or condusive to having me continue to treat you as an equal in discussions on these forums.

Clearly, if an armored player model has realistic PG and head soft targets, he will have to expose himself, and anyone with even modestly fair marksmanship skills, that understands how to aim weapons in a game can kill him very quicly...

Please, keep the dripping insults and sarcasim out of the discussion.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:06 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Id prefer excessively realistic (not gore and stuff like that I meant realistic in everything important). but some people might not agree with that. A long fire fight is always welcome to me. Ive played CoD, and long fire fights are always present, in CoD2, I was defending Hill400 for nearly an hour killing germans left and right, so im used to really long firefights and I dont have a problem with that, the thing is, will the small amount of ammo last that long?

I also like to consider a capture and hold bases/forts game type for the arcade part. With no time limit, and a supply of ammo inside your fort, your objective is to defend it, but at any moment the enemy gets in and captures your flag, you lose. The thing is, this isnt suppose to be castles, it could simply be 2 houses across the road from each other or two big rooms with lots of connecting hall ways and doors. BTW< we have yet to see a map set inside a theater. It should be all dark with multiple theaters. You can go to the projection rooms, balconies, etcetc. Its nice to see the enemy stand up sillohetted against the silver screen then you shoot him and blood effects splatter against the bright background in the dark room. :P lol. just imagining, no harm in that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:31 am 
Master
Master

COD and COD2 are nice arcade action realism games, I own both, both are fun -- but neither is remotely to scale or realistic...

If you want to try a realistic WW II Tactical Shooter -- try Red Orchestra -- an Unreal 2004 Mod.

:idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:44 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I was refering to the extremely long firefights in both CoD games. those would be good for TCE but the time limit has to be increased a bit. its a good idea tho, it will put a bit more pressure on both sides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I wanna see a knife and nade mini-mod.

that would be so much fun.
*stab* *boom*

and you can tell the n00bs because they go assault and not recon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

=) stab and boom. there will be lots of minimods once the capability is out. that is for sure.

------------------------------------------------------
Your honor; I plead guilty for shooting cupid, but I have my reasons; he tried to shoot me with his bow and arrows, so I defended myself and shot him with my SVD. Shooting him 6 times, tho, was a nervous twitch, I just cant help it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Your honor; I plead guilty for shooting cupid, but I have my reasons; he tried to shoot me with his bow and arrows, so I defended myself and shot him with my SVD. Shooting him 6 times, tho, was a nervous twitch, I just cant help it.

DAMN you beat me to it.

I woulda hit him in the wing and pistol-whipped him though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

lol. So about increasing the armor protection.. I compeltely agrre to the idea, but only for OBJ where seriousness is required and where good armor makes sense. In CTF and BC< thats just wasting your time since its not gonna be that fun. Ofcourse in OBJ, good armor will make it even more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:29 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

hoak wrote:
I know some players really love to knife -- but if you want realistic knifing in a game -- it's very difficult to kill a man quickly with a knife, especially a man with body armor, a helmet, and a rifle that he can bludgeon you with that has much greater reach then a knife.

Realistically knifing should primarily be a stealth tactic that requires you to hit very small and precise targets... With the current animation you should need to hit someone precisely in the neck... With a more elaborate and realistic animation that offered both stab and slash moves you could offer a very high damage (but not lethal) single strike to the lager target of the lower abdomen slash hit -- as well as precise stab strikes to small area of the neck front and back.

I personally like the idea of realistic high lethality one shot kill and single knife strike kills but they should take enormous skill, and realistically small hard to hit targets and practice to execute.

Precise and realistic stealthy knife killing via very small hit boxes can work very realistically in MP games as both players are typically barely moving or moving very slowly so time nudge of a small strke area is less critical, and when the players speeds up it adds very realistic difficulty in getting an effetive kinfe strke...

Δ

read this thread about cutting someone's troat:
http://truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=401

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:19 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

knifing needs blocking moves so that a knife attack isnt always going to be one hit kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:22 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
knifing needs blocking moves so that a knife attack isnt always going to be one hit kill.

but how the hell are you gonna animate/code the blocking,
i mean... it is a FPS game, its quite difficult to implent blocking.
actually you dont need to block, you can move backwards to avoid it.
real humans in "real life" would probably react like that in real life,
unless you're a trained friggen high master "SHOULIN MONK":roll:

Last edited by Dragonathan on Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:24 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well, it was done in Jedi Knight which used a more primitive version of the Quake2 engine and the Quake3TA engine. BTW i cant delete your posts in the three suggestions forums, im not the moderator for these three. Ask Diane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:58 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Everything is fine with the body modern protecion effectivness but one thing. Being hit by high (or medium) energy bullet would knock victim off his feet and render him temporary (even few seconds) unable to respond. Real firefights aren't forgiving even for well armoured man. And here we have importance of cooperation -victim can be protected by comrades otherwise is subject of esy kill afterwards (especially in CQC).
Ok, it isn't easy to model in game but I think it's possible. Nice attempt was created by developers of "Obsidian Edge" mod for Far Cry. In this mod hit to the body cause vision and aim spin resulting in screwed aim and real confusion. You're still on your feet but can't comfortaby aim and shoot back.
Maybe there is even better way.
Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:59 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Or when youre hit by s shotgun, it should have knockback and isnt supose to be directly lethal. It should render you in capacitated and your teammates will have to shake you back up as an added twist to gameplay.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next