Pwnzer

Try to keep your suggestions simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:52 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
XenoKiLLer wrote:
they already look like that. its just that the facial animations arent really used. I guess because this is a multiplayer game, and every extra bit of memory and cpu power you can save you have to save. So far, noone really takes time to look at thier enemy's faces, especially in a multiplayer game, where if you slack off for one second, your most likely to end up in limbo.

well im a person that always look at details,

when i suggested "stealth actions" on the main forum:
like break someone's neck, more knife movements. ect ect.
i got flamed by evryone,
than someone wrote this.
Quote:
You guys are missing the point, which is that little extra features make a game more memorable and more interesting. It's easy to say it's a waste of time without involving much thought process, but who is to say which features will take how long, or if they can be done by a team member who has finished the rest of his assigned tasks before his team mates?

Silent takedowns and extra animations may not change gameplay, but they would make the game more fun. I'd like to break somebody's neck. I'd like to see them grab their leg or arm when they get shot. The big things make a game popular but the little things make it memorable and immersive.

the point is...
small little tiny things does matter,

*the point is...small little tiny things does matter* Hmmm i call this exaggeration come on you got to be joking ( the engine is not the best and most of the people that play this game dont have the best cpu, yes there is exceptions) So could people cut back on the graphics and focus on the gameplay... the graphics are good enough

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

actually, it was about gameplay... and graphics,

anyways. this is a old thread from 2005, i wanted this back so this discussion topic could look more crowded... cause its kinda empty though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the idea of all the cleaning, moving and rearranging in the forums wa to make it look more accesible to visitors not make it look like we have been discussing alot.

Actually facial expressions is just graphics.. it doesnt really affect gameplay because this is a fast pasted game and people dont have time to look at facial expressions to make it useful in gameplay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:00 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

im talking about the quote xeno...

oh and -Aequitas-... im not exaggerating,
if Peter Jackson didnt taught of evry single detail when he made the movie LORD OF THE RINGS, than that movie wouldnt look amazing and immersive, it would look kinda fake, so im not exaggerating when i say that tiny little details are importent too,

but your right about 1 thing,

gameplay first,
than graphics/visuals,

but this is a discussion topic about visuals and graphics only... so what do you expect? that i should talk about gameplay? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

There is a diffrence between LoTR movie and TCE or any game. Movies are "post rendered" meaning when they are rendered thats it. Games are "real time rendered" meaning while it runs it is rendering. If a game would use as much detail as the LoTR movie then each frame will take days to render completely making the game unplayable. FYI, a single scene from a movie that uses such quality of CG imaging has a minimum of nearly 100s of hours of rendering time "PER" frame in a scene. In movies detail counts to the tiniest scratch, in games getting it to render in split seconds is what counts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:33 pm 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
im talking about the quote xeno...

oh and -Aequitas-... im not exaggerating,
if Peter Jackson didnt taught of evry single detail when he made the movie LORD OF THE RINGS, than that movie wouldnt look amazing and immersive, it would look kinda fake, so im not exaggerating when i say that tiny little details are importent too,

but your right about 1 thing,

gameplay first,
than graphics/visuals,

but this is a discussion topic about visuals and graphics only... so what do you expect? that i should talk about gameplay? :roll:

No but the face on the players is a minor detail, oka small things can do the difference its true but in combat you don’t really pay attention to the opponents face… Anyways its my opinion