All times are UTC

Post subject: Is True Combat Still running?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:55 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Hi, i was an old TC player (previous nick was noir-colombia-) and I just miss this game reaaal hard, I really want to play this again along with a friend, but I don´t know if this game is still running, or if I can still find servers with players...

I have a couple of questions

1) Is TC still running?

2) wich version is played most? (I enter truecombat and now i find like tree different versions of the game tc:e, mwtc, CQB) so I can download the proper, most played game.

3)wich server finder is used nowadays? (back in the day was the all seeing eye :shock: )

I love your work coroner

Post subject: Re: Is True Combat Still running?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:14 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Hi blender_blender!

1) TC is "walking" rather than "running", but it's still alive!

2) TCE .49b is the one you should get.

3) For active servers, check out http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverlist&gamemod=tcetest

4) We all love coroner's work

See you online soon!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:20 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Hello! Welcome back.

To answer your questions:

1. & 2. There are still a few people playing TCE. If you wanted the mod that has humans (as opposed to the Q3TC version's bots), that would be the version (0.49) to get. You can find it on the Downloads page. Installing is pretty basic, but there is a how-to linked on there and you can find other community posted how-to's by doing a quick search on these forums. (please report any broken links if you come across any.)

3. I'm not too sure which servers are "in" these days, so I second what Paul suggested about checking out Splatter Latter to view a real time server list.

Make sure to have auto downloads enabled as TCE is literally filled with custom maps/content. However, if those downloads prove too tedious, our Map Depot boasts the largest selection of custom TC maps online. Non map custom content can be found hosted by some players posted on these forums if you also do a quick search (an example would be Paul's link above).

Welcome back!!!! I hope you enjoy your return to this amazing, yet underrated, game!!! :)

bender_blender wrote:
Hi, i was an old TC player (previous nick was noir-colombia-) and I just miss this game reaaal hard, I really want to play this again along with a friend, but I don´t know if this game is still running, or if I can still find servers with players...

1) Is TC still running?

2) wich version is played most? (I enter truecombat and now i find like tree different versions of the game tc:e, mwtc, CQB) so I can download the proper, most played game.

3)wich server finder is used nowadays? (back in the day was the all seeing eye :shock: )

I love your work coroner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:30 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Hi, Thanks in advance for the warm welcome back, and the really usefull and spot-on information, right now I'm trying to download 0.49, for the second time (it seems that my internet connection is lazy and doesn't want to download the full zip file, is there another mirror?) but I'm happy to be able to play this game once again, thank you everybody for your hardwork in maintaining this game alive, cya soon on the field! (btw, if anyone needs original music for tc, just hit me up, I work as a sound designer/composer for multimedia , and I also have a band www.manonthelivingroad.com)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:06 am 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Here is another mirror for TCE's game files: http://tce.merlin1991.at/tce/

For all TC versions (and Enemy Territory): http://tce.merlin1991.at

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:58 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Today I played, tce once again on objective, was really nostalgic, thanks everyone for the usefull help

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:25 am 
Marksman
Marksman

hey NoiR,
Yes, TCE is still alive, we join every weekend(sometimes during week) on MASSA OBJ server, its nice to see that sometimes u still have to wait for enter the server...it remember the good old days when sometimes u wait for long minutes to enter and play :)

So yes, join us there, people use the 0.49v, so get that one and join us there.
Happy frags

Skimo

bender_blender wrote:

1) Is TC still running?

I love your work coroner

#And_Still_ActivePlayer