All times are UTC

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:56 pm 
Master
Master

Hey coroner are you going to inclueding same bot system as in tce? It would be much more enjoyable for people who have smaler lans and not massive party to have one well i could waypoint em when cqb is out (damm and i didnt waypoint tce bots :@).

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:28 pm 
Expert
Expert

He should implement Omnibot, the creator of it agreed to help if coroner ever came back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:15 pm 
Master
Master

Yeah! Bots are fun. +1 this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:40 am 
Expert
Expert

The bot system in tce is pretty good so far, but the problem is that you cannot implement certain flags at points. Its possible to do so in ET but not in tce. Might be a code thing. What would also be nice is to be able to run a dedicated server while hosting bots with RCON or through some sort of remote connection to the server. Currently its only possible to run bots on a local server. I hope he does do something with bots to make servers more interesting. Also a good idea would be to give the bots a certain skill level, not a pure aimbot like we have right now. I've made 7 waypoint files for maps which include the bots climbing ladders and opening doors, but some of it can still use work. ( Delta, Northport, Depot, Railhouse, Stadtrand, Snow, Werk_ost )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:58 am 
Expert
Expert

Rang3r1_v2 wrote:
He should implement Omnibot, the creator of it agreed to help if coroner ever came back.

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:48 am 
Master
Master

All I know is that any and all bots in TCE should be based on my in game style dawgs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:02 am 
Master
Master

:P whoops i pressed new thread button even when i tried to reply what a fail well positive discusion is always good

I think the best bot systems are from counter strike and quake wars. Extremely suprerrior i say. Well what many will agree that selfwaypointing bots would be perfect since you can waypoint em yourself and/or you dont have to

growing

getting stronger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:33 pm 
Expert
Expert

Can you explain he Free Waypoints from CS a bit more? I havent played CS bots nor have any experience with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:08 pm 
Master
Master

Ross6056 wrote:
Can you explain he Free Waypoints from CS a bit more? I havent played CS bots nor have any experience with them.

Ahh i know a shit about coding but there is one littlebit dumm bot system and verymuch like tce havess now exept its more weapon vise and configurable and makes self waypoints. Its open source and for quake 1 but i think porting it would be fabulous :P
Oh cs bots act smart .take enemy weapons from the ground. Camp. Change positions tacticaly and move. They feel like normal person use radio messages and even chat to you/anwser to your radio messages only thing i know they are not humans is the fact that they have problems using ladders and lag to some places on hostage rescue :s

But yea maybe we should suggest porting self waypointing bots :D

growing

getting stronger