All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:41 am 
Offline
Marksman
Marksman

Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:44 am
Posts: 17
I disagree, and I hope freeaim is not in the next mod, although I use it right now...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 am 
Offline
Master
Master

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 411
Ross6056 wrote:
something called "recoil" lol ur aim moves up much more with freeaim than normal aim.
Enjoy

It actually does not do that.

_________________
"It's by doing whatever that you become whoever"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:13 am 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 477
Ross6056 wrote:
(...)Free aim doesnt move when holding sight up.
(...) with free aim the fist shot and all those that follow create something called "recoil"
(...)with normal aim u have a much higher chance of hitting the target because u have less recoil.
(...) consider turning up your sensitivity for normal aim
(...) Free aim is much more realistic than normal aim.
(...) When playing with normal aim the gun is frozen and has no feeling of flow. Its as if you turn without looking where u wanna turn.


wow finally someone who is speaking the truth and who really understood how the game works.

_________________
Image
xFire : wootheyetti


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:35 am 
Offline
Master
Master

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 411
there have actually never been any discussion about the things that ross wrote except the recoil thing. the thing that recoil is greater with freeaim is because your vision isn't moving just the aim.

Quote:
but having 2 aiming systems=fail for the game.

Actually that is closer to the truth.

]Wo0[ wrote:
Ross6056 wrote:
(...). Its as if you turn without looking where u wanna turn.[/b]


wow finally someone who is speaking the truth and who really understood how the game works.

And as snaks3k wrote like at the first page, if you turn your eyes elsewhere you loose focus of the sights.

_________________
"It's by doing whatever that you become whoever"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:47 am 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Finland
Dunno about you guys but my head, arms and torso turn separately from my legs.

If you wanna talk about unrealistic positions and movements... I've yet to see soldiers who jump around or walk while leaning (hell I fall over if i try to lean left and walk at the same time + my accuracy would suck ass). To be realistic lean should only be allowed when stationary and jumping should be replaced with climbing.

_________________
Image
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:24 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 477
I dont see why 2 aiming system is a fail, it fits the taste of both style of players.
And yes Bully is right if we have to push the realism at the maximum but i dont think it would make a funny game.

Well, it seems to be an endless discussion but for sure both systems are fair :
- No Freeaim = less accurate + less recoil + more damage - (requests higher sensitivity).
- Freeaim = more accurate + more recoil + less damage - (requests lower sensitivity).

_________________
Image
xFire : wootheyetti


Last edited by ]Wo0[ on Mon May 03, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:25 pm 
Offline
Expert
Expert
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:32 pm
Posts: 135
Location: Cuba
This is funny reading u all posting to defend which one is more realistic between with(out) freeaim.
You all argue about a system u prefer playing with cuz u kill more with it and feel more confortable with it and so not cuz it is more or less realistic ...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:29 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 477
I dont even understand why one aiming system should be disabled ... both system have its advantages depending the way you aim.
This is why TCE is so unique, you can play the way you like it ...

_________________
Image
xFire : wootheyetti


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:35 pm 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:27 pm
Posts: 175
To Eqpe: ur vision isnt moving with free aim but it "FEELS" like it does. also the words "AS IF" refers to the "feeling" of looking before u aim.

To Bully: So what your saying is if you were in a gun fight. You would not lean the corner first before you check it? You would automatically fall if u leaned and walked same time. Your saying that a body cannot walk aim and lean same time. Think about that for a second. Have you never seen any gun fights from movies or warfare scenarios? They dont just walk around the corner to shoot. They lean and check it. And to you saying that people dont jump in real gun fights is lame and completely untrue. Example: Somone covering u while u spring an area and jump behind a wall for cover. OR jump from wall to wall for coverage. Real scene anywhere in life.

To ALL besides WoO: 2 aiming systems is NOT a fail because you are given the option to choose. Dont like it? dont play it. its like me saying I dont like when japs throw nades in fw. they shouldnt have it because i take smokes and flashes myself. OR its like me saying no one should have any tactical nades and should just have a tech kit. Please think about it. ITs a game wit features. Its meant for enjoyment and not disputes. Enjoy it dont dispute it. And I guarantee in future games they will have the exact same thing with normal iron sights and with free aim. The fact that tce was one of the few games its implemented it a miracle. you guys are like old people who dont wanna change with the times. Learn or be taught. Your choice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:02 pm 
Offline
High Master
High Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 565
Location: Under the hood.
Leaning in real life?
Sure, that happens, and it is faster than in TC:E.

_________________
Image
C4 Corvette, love her till my death.
http://www.teamgonzo.net
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:03 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:01 pm
Posts: 457
I honestly don't give a damn how accurate the aiming system is compared to RL if it enhances the gameplay. The most realistic representation (possible) would probably distrupt the flow of the game and I guess I don't have to express my feelings towards the opposite.

The current aiming system (freeaim) is the best that I've seen yet and one of the reasons I keep playing this game while quickly forgetting other ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:16 pm 
Offline
Master
Master

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 411
]Wo0[ wrote:
Well, it seems to be an endless discussion but for sure both systems are fair :
- No Freeaim = less accurate + less recoil + more damage - (requests higher sensitivity).
- Freeaim = more accurate + more recoil + less damage - (requests lower sensitivity).

I thought that these points more recoil + less damage, we allready stated as false.

I don't really understand why it wouldn't be a good thing to have one unified aiming system!

_________________
"It's by doing whatever that you become whoever"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:26 pm 
Offline
Expert
Expert

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:27 pm
Posts: 175
Ok guys lets make this simple as possible. Whoever uses free aim and normal aim and is good with both SHOULD have an opinion on this and it is THEM you should listen to. If your a normal aimer and hate on free aim because u suck at it or used it for 2 days and dont like it then please dont post an opinion because u didnt like the experience of using it. If your a free aimer and dont use normal aim... well same goes to you. From my perspective the only 2 people who use both normal aim and free aim in different scenarios are me and WoO. So clearly the rest dont have an understanding from EXPERIENCE. Only by watching or testing a short amount of time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:36 pm 
Offline
Master
Master

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 411
Ross6056 wrote:
Ok guys lets make this simple as possible. Whoever uses free aim and normal aim and is good with both SHOULD have an opinion on this and it is THEM you should listen to. If your a normal aimer and hate on free aim because u suck at it or used it for 2 days and dont like it then please dont post an opinion because u didnt like the experience of using it. If your a free aimer and dont use normal aim... well same goes to you. From my perspective the only 2 people who use both normal aim and free aim in different scenarios are me and WoO. So clearly the rest dont have an understanding from EXPERIENCE. Only by watching or testing a short amount of time.


I am using it at the moment.
you are allso forgetting
Quote:
I disagree, and I hope freeaim is not in the next mod, although I use it right now...

and that snakes3k used it beefore.

_________________
"It's by doing whatever that you become whoever"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:41 pm 
Offline
Master
Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:36 pm
Posts: 477
Eqpe wrote:
I thought that these points more recoil + less damage, we allready stated as false.

Exactly this is subjective opinion, while i spent so many time testing and got the same feedback from experienced players.

Eqpe wrote:
I don't really understand why it wouldn't be a good thing to have one unified aiming system!

Because there is no reason to delete the fun for one part of the community, this sounds so individualist.

_________________
Image
xFire : wootheyetti


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Style created by © Matti, gry komputerowe, reklama sem reklama seo

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group