Please donate to keep this site alive!

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:53 pm 
High Master
High Master

So how come you are always shooting me first when I come around the corner?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:04 pm 
Master
Master

because your mustache is blocking your vision a bit/distracting you and weighs a lot, thus making you slower! :P get rid of it and you'll never die in corner fights again!

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:09 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Silly Snake - the stache is the root of his pure awesomeness. Don't shave it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:10 pm 
Master
Master

Eqpe wrote:
Is there anyone that actually disagrees that freeaim gives a "time advantage"? .

I do, it doesnt give an advantage at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:35 pm 
Master
Master

It does, cause as said you can still aim right at people while having the extra vision. This is something you can't do without freeaim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:57 pm 
Expert
Expert

I dont use freeaim because I play other FPS games and think that using an aiming system that *i-need-a-broader-vocab* up the bugs that are inherently in tc:e is a really lame way to play. u can peek closer to the wall, u can be seen but not hit round corners, its like having an old tc lean. u force people to peek and then rape them cause they cant hit u. should be gotten rid of so the offending players cant lame it so much

and in case u didnt notice woo, that was aimed partially at u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:47 pm 
High Master
High Master

I kinda knew what would happen with this discussion. Those who use freeaim, defend it and vice versa.
This doesn't lead anywhere.

Maybe we should remove the normal aim, leaving just freeaim then?
8)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:17 pm 
Master
Master

Wo0 is in denial.

I use both, at any given time. I just want to see a balanced outcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:20 pm 
Master
Master

well not everyone is only driven by personal interest here. most advantages/properties of freeaim have been posted here already, you cant deny their existence.
but this discussion really is becoming useless as there is too much personal interest and fighting taking part here... stay objective(whether u use fa or not shouldnt matter)

Quote:
Maybe we should remove the normal aim, leaving just freeaim then? 8)

as long as there is only 1 system, thats fine (although i still think it needs to be improved). having 2 is simply nonsense.

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:30 pm 
Master
Master

the only ones that actually have a personal interest conserning freeaim are those that use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:54 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I like freeaim too, its a original idea of TCE. first i didnt like it, while i switched from freeaim to ortodox aim i noticed that frreim has more sensitivity so i had to use one or other because i would react difrent if sensitivity isnt the same, i simply think freaim is more fun it gives you a feeling of speed since you can move aim (a little) without moving background (like resident evil).

If its that great why donte everybody uses it like everybody uses M4 (btw not me)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 am 
Expert
Expert

Harbeck wrote:
I like freeaim too, its a original idea of TCE.
It's originally an idea of Infiltration (mod for UT). They took it much further and it was the only way to play, there was no "normal-aim". If I remember correct, that is also where the idea to TC:E came from. For Inf free-aim (+weapon collision) is what made the game, why it was so different and why we loved it. For TC:E free-aim is just a gimmick, nice to have without any real value. Take it further, and it will rock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 am 
Master
Master

Bully wrote:
Harbeck wrote:
I like freeaim too, its a original idea of TCE.
It's originally an idea of Infiltration (mod for UT). They took it much further and it was the only way to play, there was no "normal-aim". If I remember correct, that is also where the idea to TC:E came from. For Inf free-aim (+weapon collision) is what made the game, why it was so different and why we loved it. For TC:E free-aim is just a gimmick, nice to have without any real value. Take it further, and it will rock.

I agree, freeaim + weapon collision would be awesome ! Would definitly add a a special feeling like said harbeck who defined what freeaim is good for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Personally i use freeaim too, i thinks that is more realistic, i hated freeaim first but a few weeks later i found it super!
But the problem is that every body don't like it!
You can frag without changing your vision!

TY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:35 am 
Expert
Expert

i agree with woo completely. Though i never do that he is correct. I too use free aim and normal aim in certain situations that it is required. Free aim doesnt move when holding sight up. It does NOT give a time advantage because normal aim is just as fast moving left and right as free aim is. If you complain that free aim is super on corner fights your incorrect. Free aim is just as good on corner fights as normal aim is because: when fighting a corner with free aim the fist shot and all those that follow create something called "recoil" lol ur aim moves up much more with freeaim than normal aim. If you want to criticise something do it on normal aim because it gives less recoil. You want fairness and yet u complain about free aim and not normal aim. When fighting a corner fight with normal aim u have a much higher chance of hitting the target because u have less recoil. if u feel free aim gets a player to the target faster then consider turning up your sensitivity for normal aim OR consider the recoil free aim gets after shooting when "getting to the target faster". Free aim is much more realistic than normal aim. When playing with normal aim the gun is frozen and has no feeling of flow. Its as if you turn without looking where u wanna turn. With free aim the feeling is as if you are bending ur wrists and elbows when u move. That is realistic. I believe that was the intention when it was created.

Simply put: free aim has its ups and downs if you dont like it dont complain about it. I never liked normal aim because of the stiff feeling when turning either in yaw or pitch. Free aim removes that and gives a more open feeling.

Enjoy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next