All times are UTC

Post subject: The High Ping Explanation
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:30 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Every player ask the same thing to yourself , " How South Americans and Asians can play with a high ping? " . The answer is not very difficulty to explain.

Yes It is possible to play with a 195-340 ping , the diference are between the internet flux , in a download for example the internet flux will be down and up so if you play doing a download your ping it will be 30-134-123-324-546-23-567-32-5444-896... That is called lag , but when you have a stabel internet flux this lag don't happen. With the South Americans and Asians players the internet flux is stabel so the lag dont happen.
But a delay exist , Somebody with ping of 30 receive and send the game information more fast than a player with 220 of ping , so are some delay between the two. Example: When a 220 ping die , some mileseconds before the 30 ping has saw his die first than the player. This is very easy to watch in a 220 ping Vs 30 ping in a shoot , the 30 ping will shot more faster than 220 ping so the chances of him die up to 70% if the 30 ping dont miss 60% of the shoots.
But have a way to escape from 30 ping shoots , when the 220 ping jump to do a escape from the enemy shoot line the chances of 220 ping up to 40% because the 30 ping have a chance of miss the shoots of 50% now.

This is a explain by a 220 ping player , who has saw much cases of this in-game.

PS: This explain was based on experience and in-game moments.

If you want to complement something , post :)

Cya in-game.

scratch.

[/b]

^ds^fc^5r^4a^-t^oc^a^@h^i.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:44 am 
Master
Master

Well my opinion is that ping doesn't matter that much, it's the experiance to play with a high ping that matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:23 pm 
Master
Master

shooting to a high, but stable ping player is like trying to hit neo at his bullet time. you must aim more advance than normal and as it is not possible to determine if you shoot to a high pinger or not until you hit his hitbox - and how do the hitboxes look in TC:E we all know - the best way to hit a high pinger is to spray a bullet cloud around him and pray that he will move into it. how is this competitive gameplay i do not know. good player knows how to 'use' his high ping against lpb therefore he gains a advance over low pinger so you may consider it as a script against no script play or in other words unfair advance over opposite team/player. cheat =)

Post subject: Nice Complement
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:53 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

$omator wrote:
shooting to a high, but stable ping player is like trying to hit neo at his bullet time. you must aim more advance than normal and as it is not possible to determine if you shoot to a high pinger or not until you hit his hitbox - and how do the hitboxes look in TC:E we all know - the best way to hit a high pinger is to spray a bullet cloud around him and pray that he will move into it. how is this competitive gameplay i do not know. good player knows how to 'use' his high ping against lpb therefore he gains a advance over low pinger so you may consider it as a script against no script play or in other words unfair advance over opposite team/player. cheat =)

Thanks for the complement. :D

Post subject: I believe in that too.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:59 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Eqpe wrote:
Well my opinion is that ping doesn't matter that much, it's the experiance to play with a high ping that matters.

I Believe in that too , what matters is the skills not the ping :shock: ... , but much players dont think like us, only because they are skilled by a high ping they call him a cheater :( .

Post subject: Re: I believe in that too.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:08 pm 
Master
Master

scratch wrote:
Eqpe wrote:

I Believe in that too , what matters is the skills not the ping :shock: ... , but much players dont think like us, only because they are skilled by a high ping they call him a cheater :( .

I never said anything about skill...

Post subject: Re: I believe in that too.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:21 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Eqpe wrote:
scratch wrote:
Eqpe wrote:

I never said anything about skill...

Oops! My Bad...

Its my opinion... Sorry for the bad reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:09 pm 
Master
Master

Quote:
Pings and conditions should be playable for both teams and there should not be a huge discrepancy between clans. It is expected that a hosting clan may have a "home-field advantage" to some degree. The difference between the two clan's average pings on the match server should be no greater than 50 milliseconds (ms). If the difference between the average pings is less than 50 ms, the server is acceptable for play.

While the networking in ET is certainly better than almost any game out there, and while it is more HPB-friendly, there are certain times when there may be ping issues outside of a clan's control. Things such as poor routing are problems that are unfixable by clans/players. Pings must be confirmed in-game and clans should check for packet loss and playability.

If a server is either giving high pings to everyone on the server, or if the majority of the members of a team have unplayable pings (generally above 200 ms), a change of server may be requested. If the host team refuses to provide another server, an STA-ET admin may be called in to make a ruling on the server. If the STA-ET admin deems the server unplayable, the host team must either provide another server or play on the opposing team's server.

quote from:http://et.sta-league.org/rules.html#sec14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:45 pm 
Master
Master

the quote is stating the obvious...
but in tce this aint always applicable. usually the best servers are chosen, euros vs euros play on good euro servers, which can still be worse for some players depending on their location/conenction quality. american vs eu players play on each server 1 map(in leagues/in fws it doesnt matter). eu vs jap are played on american servers as both teams get similar(sometimes almost equal)pings. jap vs american team is played on either: jap/american server with each 1 map or both maps on a us west coast server(giving japanese players a ping of ~80-110). thats wll we can do in tce :(

and about the ping in general... its rare that players have unstable connections with a lot of packetloss and jitter, internet has come a long way since 56k and isdn^^
there are both dis-/advantages for both sides(high/low- pinger) thus imo balancing it. this ofc applies to experienced players! random nub with high ping has obv no chance against a good low or high pinger(or low pinger on same level of experence/skill). interesting is basically only good highpinger vs good lowpinger as then the prediction and movement fight begins^^
i see a lot of people crying coz of others having lower pings/advantage... it'd be more useful if these guys use the time they spend for whining in learning the game better...
conclusion: get better and u wont have to worry about the ping anymore. cant change the situation anyway, unless u wanna host a lan tournament and pay for the plane tickets^^

*Clan Movie #2*|xfire: snakes3k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:00 pm 
Expert
Expert

what is difficult is playing lowping and then playing highping. the issue is that if you play with say 150ms, and are used to 50, there is an extra 100ms of "delay" that you think you have in game - it can confuse you. For example, I peek out of a window and see an enemy, if i judge he will not kill me before i kill him, i will shoot, otherwise I will hide. with the extra 100ms, for a split second i may think he will NOT kill me in time and make a peek, only to see a bullet, peek back and die behind a wall. doesnt mean "skill" to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:12 pm 
Master
Master

true, whenever i join an american or japanese server i first have to get used to it a few mins and then adapt my gameplay which isnt such a big problem imo. but changing from high to low ping is like godmode, sometimes just feels awesome^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:19 pm 
Master
Master

also so true about lanparties - lowest ping / close to zero chance for cheat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:42 pm 
Master
Master

yea it'd be kinda stupid to cheat while someone could be standing right behind you :D
and you'd get beat up by angry tce players... wouldnt risk it :comp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EJXTh4HMAE

Post subject: Re: The High Ping Explanation
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:40 pm 
Expert
Expert

scratch wrote:
Every player ask the same thing to yourself , " How South Americans and Asians can play with a high ping? " . The answer is not very difficulty to explain.

Yes It is possible to play with a 195-340 ping , the diference are between the internet flux , in a download for example the internet flux will be down and up so if you play doing a download your ping it will be 30-134-123-324-546-23-567-32-5444-896... That is called lag , but when you have a stabel internet flux this lag don't happen. With the South Americans and Asians players the internet flux is stabel so the lag dont happen.
But a delay exist , Somebody with ping of 30 receive and send the game information more fast than a player with 220 of ping , so are some delay between the two. Example: When a 220 ping die , some mileseconds before the 30 ping has saw his die first than the player. This is very easy to watch in a 220 ping Vs 30 ping in a shoot , the 30 ping will shot more faster than 220 ping so the chances of him die up to 70% if the 30 ping dont miss 60% of the shoots.
But have a way to escape from 30 ping shoots , when the 220 ping jump to do a escape from the enemy shoot line the chances of 220 ping up to 40% because the 30 ping have a chance of miss the shoots of 50% now.

This is a explain by a 220 ping player , who has saw much cases of this in-game.

PS: This explain was based on experience and in-game moments.

If you want to complement something , post :)

Cya in-game.

scratch.

[/b]

Have you taken into account the anti-lag and/or lag compensation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:47 pm 
Master
Master

In order to play with 300 ping, you really need a special experience about shooting prediction, respect guys.

SnaKeS3K wrote:
i see a lot of people crying coz of others having lower pings/advantage... it'd be more useful if these guys use the time they spend for whining in learning the game better...

This applies to many situations in TCE ... Too many people think "i cant manage to do it myself, so its not possible" instead of trying to understand then make an evolution of their gameplay.