All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:49 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

all the hate earlier in this thread made me so sad :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 am 
High Master
High Master

Lets all hug bunny!
=D

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:55 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Diane wrote:
I love how this thread did a total 180.

My Personal view...
I think this community seems very "who cares" about hacking, when a concern is raisd people make jokes and turn the thread into a party zone.

Also when hackers do get caught & are known.. so many people are still willing to play with and against them.
IMO the commuinity in general has one very clear message to all those who might think about hacking....
Dont worry nobody cares, Some people may complain but Ignore them long enough and most people will forget that you dont care about fairplay (coin comes to mind)
So to any Would be Hackers & Leet Scripters out there... Do anything you can to gain an unfair advantage.. all you need to worry about is 'How Cool You Look'

This is a big part of why My days left playing TCE are few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:50 am 
Master
Master

SpOOky wrote:
I think this community seems very "who cares" about hacking, when a concern is raisd people make jokes and turn the thread into a party zone.
(...)
This is a big part of why My days left playing TCE are few.

You are right on some point but you forget that few times ago the random skill on TCE was much more higher (some top level players stoped playing) and now people just find anormal to see some actions, which come from a knowledge of the game.
I now notice a BIG decreasing of the gameplay skill (just remember sapeon's style and you will see what i mean).

You might say there is too much cheating friendship when i would notice cheating just stoped in TCE since a while now (thanks pbbans).
I mainly notice how people just react when they loose (disconnecting ...) : Remember 0.48 when people was saying "nice shot" when you got the kill, and feel the retard desease attacking this community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:18 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

]Wo0[ wrote:
You are right on some point but you forget that few times ago the random skill on TCE was much more higher

This has Nothing what so ever to do with my comments
I was talking about atttitude of the community towards hacking & scripting, I did not say anything about how many hackers or good players there are, I only adressed the general attitude towards people who are Known to be trying to gain an Unfair advantage.

EG: Coin was caught hacking how many times ?
But he can still be seen playing in FW's and some well known community players are more than happy to play with him.

Supra was cheating for ages because nobody cared enough, and even when he was caught some people were still willing to play with him.

Like I said this sends a clear message to the community at large "Hack away"
SpOOky wrote:
Dont worry nobody cares, Some people may complain but Ignore them long enough and most people will forget that you dont care about fairplay

SpOOky wrote:
Do anything you can to gain an unfair advantage.. all you need to worry about is 'How Cool You Look'

---

For me TCE is meant to be about FUN not about "How Cool Can I Look"

Once enough people are scripting and hacking eventually those who dont will move on... leaving only the scripters and hackers.
Then with no fairplayers left to take advantage of they no longer look cool & even they will move on.

End result - everybody looses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:40 pm 
High Master
High Master

SpOOky wrote:
Once enough people are scripting and hacking eventually those who dont will move on... leaving only the scripters and hackers.
Then with no fairplayers left to take advantage of they no longer look cool & even they will move on.

End result - everybody looses.

But that is of course useless to explain, hackers don't care.
And besides: "If others hack, why would my hacking do any difference?"

Hackers will always be, we just try to save the community and have fun with people we know and trust. Some of them might be hackers, you never know, but before doing any inquisition, the facts must be shown, clearly.

99.9% of FW's I have played have been clean, that is enough.
Most of the time I have spend in pub servers, they have been clean, or clean enough to enjoy from the game.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:48 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
But that is of course useless to explain, hackers don't care.
And besides: "If others hack, why would my hacking do any difference?".

This is exactly the problem, Once you acept some hackers and take no action, Others decide "well If its ok for them, Its ok for me" then before you know it, Only hackers are left.

Then the game is no longer skill based or about teamwork
Instead who has the best hack & pot luck decide the results.

gonzo|Uncle Bionic wrote:
Some of them might be hackers, you never know, but before doing any inquisition, the facts must be shown, clearly.

On this I agree fully, You cant acuse people untill you are Sure, and you should collect as much proof as you can if you hope to prove a hacker.

But it is also down to the community to demonstrate that as a whole they take cheating seriously, and once somebody is known to be a hacker action should be taken by all.

If you let some hackers get away with it because they are your friend then you send a clear message to others
As long as you have enough mates, you can get away with anything.

I dont care about how popular I am, I care about having Fun and to do that you need a clean fair playing field. :wink:

Last edited by SpOOky on Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:57 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

SpOOky took the words right out of my mouth! :)

Give them back! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:06 pm 
Master
Master

Cheater problem is overrated in tce. That's what i mean.
This is the main discussion you can find, then thats also why some people dont spend time learning the game & leave if they see everywhere people crying "cheater", when it's a normal kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:33 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

]Wo0[ wrote:
Cheater problem is overrated in tce. That's what i mean.
This is the main discussion you can find, then thats also why some people dont spend time learning the game & leave if they see everywhere people crying "cheater", when it's a normal kill.

Even though Im not saying anything about how many cheaters we have... My comments are about how the community should deal with cheaters once they are found to be cheating.

You keep saying how lots of people are not cheating and have skills.
Why do you find it so hard to agree with how we should deal with Known Cheaters. :?

Anyway, I have said how I feel about the community, Cheaters & uber scripters, I have nothing more to say
I will now leave this thread to those of you who prefer to tell everyone how TCE dose not have cheaters just very skillful players. (even nobody has said TCE dose not have skillful players)
Feel free to go back to talking about your leet soundcards & flashing pics, I need my afternoon nap :wink:

Last edited by SpOOky on Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:37 pm 
Master
Master

SpOOky wrote:
You keep saying how lots of people are not cheating and have skills.

Not exactly, lot of best players left - remains a lower global skill - most of the complain comes from ignorance. Thats what i say.

SpOOky wrote:
Why do you find it so hard to agree with how we should deal with Known Cheaters. :?

I agree with you but i dont see the point. banned players cant play any event so ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:56 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

SpOOky wrote:

Supra was cheating for ages because nobody cared enough

cough cough...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:44 pm 
Master
Master

You know what happened to this community? Paranoia. Good players got caught, now there is no trust for anyone, and I can't honestly say I trust any player either. You people talk about the good old days, but there were cheaters then, and most of you accepted them as skilled. It just seems so convenient that some time after 0.49 dropped, that this even became an issue. Seems like the problem was more rampant. How many didn't get caught, and are just hiding or left? Yeah, Sapeon was good, but I've seen a lot of dirty Polish players. Just ask Code Red.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:03 am 
Marksman
Marksman

Also about the "good old days" .. did u ever hear of scripts back in .48? i never did up until coming to .49. Didnt even know what a cfg was up until .49.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:48 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

you people cant seriously believe there are some "uber scripts".
all we have is pistolscript that actually helps.
if you think this is uber scripting, check out for ET and CS scripts. you will be surprised.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next