All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: helo truecombatelite.com maping web sit off ?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:12 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

i am from thailand i am follow of your mod and your maping web sit is offline ! why must this be? i enjoy readin your blog for tce and other game maping

can u plz bring back stealthzone.net ?!

Quote:
StealthZone

The more and more I play in pubs with the community, I'm reminded why I'm so reluctant to work on my maps. Tell me something, if you spent one year of your life trying to make a cool European town only to have some admin say its too big, and were not going to play it. How would you feel?

According to SnaKeS3K over at War Leagues, my mapping skills suck, and nobody likes my maps. He continued to say he's been playing since .46 and he knows more about the game and contributes more then I do for True Combat: Elite. When I've assisted clans with FTP accounts, hosted True Combat: Elite, Enemy Territory: Wolf, and Third Party files. Created a map for the community.

I've been around for a very long time. Since Team Terminator started the first build of True Combat with Quake3Arena. Only it wasn't called True Combat. I was really good friends with people like Redrum, The5thHorseman, and Spunkmonkey just to name a few.

However the new generation has a complete lack of respect. Even the dev's never spoke to me once. But I still supported the mod and loved the game. I've donated money, time, and never got the respect I deserved. Same exact thing happened to me at the Urban Terror crowd. The dev's looked down their nose at me. Never once acknowledging me or my efforts to support their mod. I just don't understand it. Are people that prejudice towards Christians and people that are not afraid to speak their mind? To tell the truth,I guess so.

I know there are a lot of people out there that are following my work. But seriously, would you work for nothing? What I mean is no gratitude, no respect. Lets go further, would you work only to have someone come by and spit in your face and say keep working, and oh, by the way, we'll never use your maps. I don't think so.

People like SnaKeS3K ruin the game, and ruin it for everyone else. Talk about an ego, he's got one.

People say they want to bring the game back and not let TCE die. Well their a joke. The reason is they never support the people that are trying to bring a fresh taste to TCE. What is the point always playing the same maps? Not supporting your fellow mapper by not giving his/her maps a chance on your server, is killing TCE.

SnaKeS3K claims my mapping skills suck when he hasn't the first clue on how to make a map. He's got a long way to go. That's always humored me when people told me my map sucks. Noobs trying to review my map when they haven't a clue what their talking about.

Lets all give SnaKeS3K and idiots just like him a huge thank you for completely halting the mapping progress and file hosting here at Stealthzone. Basically ruining it for everyone. Maybe next time he'll keep his mouth shut.

Oh and all the admin's who chose not to use my map. Baal, and Wing, I understand all too well, its personal. You were pressured by everyone else not to use Stealth's maps. I've learned that people cant handle the truth. My map was quality. It wasn't too big. It wasn't too hard to learn the routes. Otherwise they couldn't handle a little competition? So I will gracefully bow out. I've lost interest in a cesspool of idiots. Idiots that don't appreciate anything, and have no respect for someone whose been here since the beginning. I have more important things to do with my time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:26 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

DJ_Paki, welcome to the forums.

The website administrator, Stealth, has decided to no longer pursue mapping for TCE and has disabled his website for reasons stated on his site.

The beautiful thing about a gaming community (such as this one), is that it's community driven - people provide content to keep it alive and exciting.

Many of these people have spent months/years working on the game. Why do they do it? Because they enjoy creating content/organizing events (such as WL). Basically, they simple just enjoy the game. I haven't heard one person claim they do it for themselves or to earn respect.

People are unique - not everyone will like everything. There are even people who hate 0.49 and complain about it all the time. People who think WL and NC suck - but people still continue to work on it (the latter two) so that the people who do enjoy them have the opportunity to do so.

It's sad that Stealth is no longer wishing to provide hosting for files, but to be totally honest, I am rather taken aback and disappointed by what I read on his site. It was vile and rather offensive - and what he claimed was done to him - he lashed out twice as bad in his post.

If people have disagreements and differences, it should be kept in private. And especially singling out people is rather tacky. IMO a simple post stating "I have no incentive to continue working on TCE due to conflicting interests" would have sufficed.

Just my two cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:58 pm 
Master
Master

DJ_Paki,

Nice English :D. Anyway, his website has nothing to do with truecombatelite.com, it's just a website for his maps. Totally seperate from tce.com. Anyway, I read that and...WTF why am I included in this rant? :evil:

I don't see the reason to include my name on his post. I was not being pressured by anybody. I took a look at his map, it was 30MB...yes 30MB for a map. Why would I put my users to download ONE map for a good 10-15min? And yes his map was way too big for objective gameplay. We've tested it out on a private server, we didn't find it enjoyable. But we did not say it was a bad map, it's a good map, just not for Objective mode.

[00:29] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we keep TCE alive with our BC
[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: but without massa bc this game would be dead
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: and u know it
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:00 pm 
Master
Master

Oh and what the heck is up with his post?

Are people that prejudice towards Christians and people that are not afraid to speak their mind? To tell the truth,I guess so.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I am christian, i find this offensive.

[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:12 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I'm Christian too :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:01 pm 
Expert
Expert

Unfortunate to hear. He had good ideas and worked hard to keep them alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:19 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Very unfortunate indeed :( I read that and i agree with stealth. He got point there. Custom made content ( maps, models, textures ect ) are those things that should prevent this or any game from dying. Like he said he and many other custom content developers have worked hard to make us new maps and models and we nag about irrelevant things and choose not to use their work. I too wonder myself why those great maps like Stealth's oldtowne never had a good chance on server rotations. Why people wants to play same maps over and over again. ( I dont mean that those maps arent good ) but still. Why not try something new for a change. Ppl just votes for a new map and then the map gets kicked from rotation. That sucks if you really spend a year making it and no1 is there to give you some respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:29 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

i mean the map would be good on a bc server but obj its way too big plus he could reduce the size of it too 30 mb he could take out all the high detail custom sounds and shit and leave it standard sounds mabey then it would be used but that was just one map his new map looked very good for obj style gameplay it looked like a northport type of layout the only map that was a problem is oldtowne and its bc he put too much work into it and made it huge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:36 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

People DO want to play custom content - it just needs to be fine tuned. Players want to PLAY and not beta test. Which is probably why not every server wants to feature a map they don't think is suitable (for the time being).

If a mapper can not handle criticism, then no offense, they shouldn't be mapping for a community.

Plus, I read the server logs as to what actually happened, and omg... lol is all I have to say...

But BIG PROPS to everyone in the community that does contribute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:54 pm 
Master
Master

Stealth is a self righteous zealot. Nothing will ever be good enough for him.

BTW, if you're reading this big boy, you're maps were OK. Second, you're a one trick pony when it comes to playing TCE. Only noobs silent walk around the whole map, and then bitch about getting ownt because your TOO SLOW.

I'm tired of his attitude in my server. He whines and bitches about everyone who doesn't play like him (because he gets ownt). He's a disturbance for my clan members and obviously, for respected Euro players as well.

Time to draw the line. GO Faq yourself Stealth. I think you're too old to give in to this petty drama (that you start).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:58 pm 
Rock Me, Amadeus!
Rock Me, Amadeus!

No$kill. wrote:
i mean the map would be good on a bc server but obj its way too big plus he could reduce the size of it too 30 mb he could take out all the high detail custom sounds and shit and leave it standard sounds mabey then it would be used but that was just one map his new map looked very good for obj style gameplay it looked like a northport type of layout the only map that was a problem is oldtowne and its bc he put too much work into it and made it huge

well what I really don't understand: people download games on steam (more than 1 gig) they donwload movies 700mb+ they download games + cracks 1gb+

but they can't download 30 mb of hard work?

I mean seriously why do people still think that a map has to be around 5 mb?
I mean how can you provide a fresh look to tc:e if you're bound to 5mb with 5 to 10 mb you can do a middle sized map with no custom content at all.

IMO 30Mb is perfectly fine for a map

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:56 pm 
Master
Master

Difference in engines and how the game plays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:29 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Quote:
If a mapper can not handle criticism, then no offense, they shouldn't be mapping for a community.

I bet thats not it. Of course mapper should and can handle criticism. Because proper criticism can make the map better in future releases when discussed things are changed. I don't know all the details of this matter so I might not be the best person to argue about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:34 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

KrazyDancerRambo wrote:
Quote:

I bet thats not it. Of course mapper should and can handle criticism. Because proper criticism can make the map better in future releases when discussed things are changed. I don't know all the details of this matter so I might not be the best person to argue about it.

All said person said was that the map was too big for OBJ. lol - seriously...

If someone went on a flaming rant for no particular reason, then I could understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:40 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Diane wrote:

All said person said was that the map was too big for OBJ. lol - seriously...

If someone went on a flaming rant for no particular reason, then I could understand.

Hmm then making another smaller version particularly for OBJ might have been good idea. And save larger for bc if it was ok. I bet that could have been done without cutting too many areas. Well there really wasnt anything else on this?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next