All times are UTC

Post subject: So What REALLY Happened?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:52 am 
Master
Master

It's a more then a little weird (yet typical) that one of the most implosive and self-destructive gaming communities is posting self-congratulatory bromides like "TCE will never die..." -- when only a tiny fraction of a percent of the game's original audience is playing, with days of empty servers, an 'Official Web Site' that's been broken for months and hasn't been updated with anything significant for years, and no official statement on the state of TCE or it's Developer's intentions can be found anywhere...

It's a rather abject that a mod that once set standards in game design, that sparked so much enthusiasm in so many Fans, 3D Artists, and Developers across so many FPS realism gaming genres has come to such a sad and tawdry end... But considering some of the personalities involved I it isn't much of a surprise either...

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:32 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and so how about some updates atleast to let us know how the devs are. Hehe. I havent been aorund here in a long time but I though I smelled a dragon and I was right xP hehe. JK.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:33 am 
High Master
High Master

It's a real shame.

At least it went better than ETF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:38 am 
Master
Master

kozak6 wrote:
It's a real shame.

At least it went better than ETF.

Yes it is, and in both cases...

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:52 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

The wait for .50, the speed scripts, the fly-by-night clans or newer better fps may have to do with the decline. I know I'm tired of waiting for .50 so it's off to where the action is CS:S and CoD4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:45 am 
Site Staff
Site Staff

What an anti-climactic ending to this whole show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:14 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Alright...i haven't logged onto truecombat.us in FOREVER. i got a new laptop a while back, so i completely forgot about all the TC:E related stuff. I was thinking to myself one day about TC:E and how much fun it was, so I thought i'd come back to check up on it. I was expecting to find a ton of updates and changes, but sadly there weren't that many at all. WHAT HAPPENED????? things seemed to be going so well when i quit playing, but everything stopped......Could someone do me a favor and tell me what happened? I'd like to hear the whole story, if that's possible. Thanks.

This game is truly amazing and fun, it would be a shame to see it die out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:17 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Development towards the game was shutdown and the head developer left and went off to start a new game with a different team.

But the game has been picked up by Xreal: http://xreal-project.net/ .

They're currently working on the newer version right now and there is hope that an Alpha release be out by December or later. The "new" TCE will be called Code43. http://www.code43.net/

Check in the "What do you want in .50" thread for more information about this.

But yes, TCE in terms of development with Team Terminator has been shutdown. But Xreal is attempting to bring it back to life and make it better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:11 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

the head developer didnt start a new game with a different team. it is RACE (now known as ando) working on teamcombat, he was a part of Team Terminator up until the early releases of TCE. Code43 is a project started by fans of tce and will likely be similar but I would not call that the "new" TCE either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:33 pm 
Master
Master

No way in hell Code43 is/will never/ever be the "new" TC:E. The closest thing you can call the "new" TC:E is TeamCombat (http://www.teamcombat.net), which is being coded by an old Team Terminator member, RACE. TeamCombat is not a continuation from TC:E 0.49b, this will be a different game using a different engine. Stop posting the same misleading troll information in the forums please :P

As Queen Diane said:

Quote:
Just to clear a few things up for some of you unclear about some stuff:

1. TCE is not being developed by another team. In fact, TCE is not under development at all right now. Code43, is not TCE, but created by former players within the TCE community. It is not a continuation of the official TCE, although I believe they will implement a lot of similar features, etc.

2. The 'head of TCE who left to create another game' mentioned in Shadow Wolfe's post is not the head of TCE at all. I believe he is speaking of a former TT member, Race, who is creating a new realism mod (which looks awesome btw) called Team Combat.

3. Although Team Combat is created by a former TCE dev member, it is not a continuation of TCE. It's an entirely different creation made by that mod's developers. It most likely will have some similarities as TCE because of the genre/type of game it is, but I'm sure Team Combat's development team would prefer players to view their game as unique - and not some copy/continuation of another game.

[00:29] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we keep TCE alive with our BC
[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: but without massa bc this game would be dead
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: and u know it
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:41 pm 
Master
Master

oh shadow_douche,

did i repeat? IT WILL NEVER/EVER BE THE NEW TC:E :oops:

"IT" as being Code43 you spammer

Sincerely,
WingZero

[00:29] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we keep TCE alive with our BC
[00:30] [MASSA]Scarsraider: we just got posts on our forums saying people want to play MASSA
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: but without massa bc this game would be dead
[00:31] [MASSA]Scarsraider: and u know it
[00:35] [MASSA]Scarsraider: probably every TCE player has at one point played on our BC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:59 pm 
High Master
High Master

nice avatar happy
:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3332770
http://www.youtube.com/user/GONZOUncleBionic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:58 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

I think with TC*'s historic trials and tribulations we could rise from the ashes and write a book.

TC* - the real story
TC* - the unedited story
TC* - Once loved and then forgotten

I sense these book titles could go on forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:11 pm 
Master
Master

TrueCombat got its audience by the years, TrueCombat Elite was the apogee, it is just sad to see the lost content (remember the models of Bruce & co ...).

This will be the biggest regret, because honnestly we have to consider that the ET engine is dead, so if you would have seen an evolution, it was about changing on another engine (a commercial one for anticheat support), and it would have take a lot of time to port all the code.

In clear, yes it had to end somewhere, the best end would have been a commercial project, i'm sure it could have been a GREAT game to sell. :lol:

Post subject: no only community maters
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:13 pm 
Master
Master

people if community will be like this forever i bet tce will not die on close years and have you guys saw how much alien arena team have customed ID tech 2 engine :D its nowday amazing and haves all modern world graphich effects and do you undestand how many new projects alien arenas leader people have made i have heard that project leader and one other guy have made Qfusion and alien arenas engine (i dont remember name but ID tech 2 modification have started nexuiz warsow and some other stuff) and now comes part there is not ET engine >.< oh hmm actualy its modified quake 3 engine to wolfenstein but base is quake 3 and now think how many games still keep quake 3 engine alive ?
Hmm quake 3 arenas maybe only little famous urban terror mod around 10 000 active players in a week so if this game which is our only hope keeps growing it probably update engine in someday and if tce would get couple of nice devs then they could use that new quake 3 engine :D and dont say stop dreaming urban terror team is modifing engine all the time they are now implenting modern lighting effects so small light of hope now we need anymore thouse nice devs ^..^

growing

getting stronger