All times are UTC

Post subject: NEW OBJ
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Think more like WolfET and more story driven. Instead of having OBJ maps where the Specops try to stop the Tangoes from blowing up a box there should be some story in the OBJ mode. Perhaps also missions where the Specops are attacking like needing to destroy a weapon cache or missile launch sites and what not. (We are assuming the Tangoes arent the common misconception of mideastern religious fanatic with bombs tied to their chests, thats not our terrorists)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:18 am 
Master
Master

yes that would be cool linear objective driven maps. With and with out reinforcements would be cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:09 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Hehe yeah they could make reinforcements an optional objective such as taking over a radio transceiver to call in reinforcments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:51 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

Yea that would be cool! Remember VIP mode? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

hehe yeah but turn the tables, specops doesnt always have to be defending they can be attacking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:56 pm 
Master
Master

infiltration type game play where either specops or terrorist have to steal some kinda documents and escape

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:15 pm 
High Master
High Master

Once upon a time there was a reinforced obj mode. Where you respawned. This mode was mostly over looked at the time because the maps were designed for single life obj, making reinforced obj too easy for terrorist. Thus, it was removed because of improper map support. Which is one of the problems with CTF now, the maps just don't suit the CTF type of game play.

It would be lovely to see reinforced obj come back, even more so for it to have a underlining story of why. Furthermore, it would be lovely for multi breach maps to be introduced in TC:E. Much like Socom for PS2 and the original RTCW/ET. However, such things will more than likely go undone and over looked. Moreover, clans will most likely not support the reintroduction of R-Obj because clans, mainly the competitive ones, will not like to change over because they'd be forced to revamp their current strategies, something that I believe is another reason why CTF never took off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Nobody ever said the clans had to play these additional objectives. They could always play which ever mode they so choose, and if they really are the best clans changing strategies should not be a problem - infact isnt that a reality of war? a reality of life? They can only get better by learning to change strategies as needed, better if on the fly but resisting to change can only lead to their own downfall - history will repeat itself as with WWI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:52 am 
Master
Master

a few clans want to play CTF just maps aren't made for it and it shows CTF is lacking because lack of good CTF maps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:27 pm 
High Master
High Master

Unfortunately, game modes need clans to support the game mode for it to pick up. Mainly because its the clans who initiate the filling up of a server. Clan servers typically fill fast after their clan members join their empty, or near empty, servers. Furthermore, the few clans that did try to get CTF going would stack their members on one team, which lead to the non-clan members have an abysmal experience playing CTF.

If clans do not support the game mode then chances are it will not pick up. Furthermore, clans need to realize that owning the general public leads to agitation that is focused on the game mode, when it fact it was a clan stacking against the unorganized population. Map support is key as well, something I believe that should have its own maps made for CTF and R-Obj. If they'd bothered both game modes would most likely be as popular as BC. I say BC because most people prefer Obj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:48 pm 
Master
Master

there is going to no real clan support for CTF till it's is fixed what like 3 maps work properly and still then maps are unbalanced for CTF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The only game ive seen where the "unorganized public" actually was organzied in in AA. People who really do not know each other. The issue here is wether or not the clan will want to play that game mode. However that will not be the case. With certain game modes being more titlted towards professional competition, clans would prefer to play those. As with agitation from the owning you mentioned, other people can play less serious modes like CTF or even try other modes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:14 pm 
Master
Master

well in TCE there are many clans that want to play it but unbalanced maps only few maps that work with CTF and problems with scoring is not based on captures alone it captures and kills which ultimately lends towards teams camping spawn to get most kills keeps many clans and players from playing it more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:28 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

they have to consider that this is afterall a beta and that nothing can be expected to be perfect yet. Cant blame them if CTF is working infact CTF does not fit well with the theme. BC does however execpt for the respawning but forces can be expect to dish out at each other with objects of eliminate or capture. CTF however.. is purely quakish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:55 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

how about to just stick with OBJ and make it advanced from time to time, for exmple, a feature that shows how you activate the bomb by placing the wires in the right positions, what i really mean is to keep upgrading OBJ and fill it with lots of depth, and features that makes OBJ a ritch gameplay game mode,