All times are UTC

Post subject: Suggestions - Medic Kit/Secondary Damage/Forced Prone/Jams
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:19 am 
Marksman
Marksman

I would like if there were medic packs that would bring an immobilized player back to 1 hitpoint after death... unlike the back to full health in standard ET. Like maybe another option besides a techkit or grenades.

I think there should be some secondary damage from flying glass, wood, and metal... especially if you are standing by a window when it shatters or standing too close to a window & firing.

I think you should be more slowed down as your injuries increase... or even forced to lie prone but still able to fire. Or unable to fire with damage to the upper torso but still able to move...

ALSO -- all these guns *DO* jam about 1 in 1000 times. It would be cool if once in a while you had to run for your life and keep hitting the reload key...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:03 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

First is is very unrealistic, especially when done on someone who got headshot. The second one is good and makes sense and so does the 3rd one. However, about guns jamming, not all guns jam that often, some not at all. It depends on its firing mechanism, some guns like the M16 and M4 when fired leave small debris in the barrel which would accumulate and cause the gun the jam. On the other hand, guns like the AK use gas operation to fire bullets which in turn doesnt leave much or any debris at all to cause jamming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:48 pm 
High Master
High Master

Freshly cleaned guns should not have any problems when it comes to jamming, and I think we can all assume that both teams are competent enough to keep their guns in shape. However, one of the shot guns in the game is known for over heating and warping the barrel during only short combat, even with its combat modifications. Otherwise, all the guns in the game are solid, even the mac 10 doesn't jam much, only if you use normal rounds. Hollow point and talons are known to cause jamming in the mac 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:28 am 
High Master
High Master

The posters on the main board especially hate the idea of weapon jamming because of the randomness aspect. Also, the SpecOps have some weapons that are regarded as being more prone to malfunction. Would they be unfairly penalized for this, or would Terrorist weapons malfunction unrealistically often for balance?

I don't really think it needs to be added. Also, animation in TCE is rather difficult. Although some malfunction clearing animations could potentially be shared between some weapons, that's still a hell of a lot of new animations, and I don't think all the effort involved would be worth it. I'd rather have reloading animations for new guns anyways.

It might be possible for mappers to make certain destroyed structures damage players, but generally it wouldn't even be enough to make a difference.

Medipacks are iffy. I would imagine that a severely wounded soldier would be medevaced instead of immediately being sent back into battle, which doesn't appear to be an option in TCE currently.

Bleeding and wounding are tremendously popular suggestions on the main forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:26 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Wounding and crippling should work well. This prevents the guy who is in red from running another mile in a minute and popping 3 more mags at someone as a severely injured person wont even be able to stand up. But for gameplay's sake, lets say the player is forced to fall to the ground, they can still shoot but with only a side arm (unless their arms are shot and cant move)

That may be too complicated though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

kozak6 wrote:
The posters on the main board especially hate the idea of weapon jamming because of the randomness aspect. Also, the SpecOps have some weapons that are regarded as being more prone to malfunction. Would they be unfairly penalized for this, or would Terrorist weapons malfunction unrealistically often for balance?

I think that if it was a middle ground, it could work when it comes to frequency. When it comes to animations, I think the reload ones (minus mag swap in first person) would work.