All times are UTC

Post subject: Damage
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:28 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

If I had a shotgun in real life and aimed it at you and pulled the trigger at a distance of about 2 feet, right at your head... I can almost bet that you will not shoot back with two short blasts.

Also, if I put half a clip into you from across a room mostly to the body (your back, you aren't facing me) and head, I'm pretty sure, you won't run a few feet to the side thinking you're outta the line of fire, hear me reloading, squat down turn around put your rifle away, get out your pistol and shoot me with 1 bullet and kill me from perfect health.

Also, why is it if I die... my shots just stop mid air... or my nade I just through never goes off. Which is funny, because I've died with just pulling the nade, and its gone off when I get shot and I kill someone on my own team, but if I just threw it, and get shot almost exact same time, the grenade seldom goes off. Maybe its just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:22 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Its just of those quirks with all Quake engine based games everything from Halflife1 (gldsrc modified Quake2 engine), Quake3, WET, etc etcetc...

What I would suggest is somesort of shock. Kinda like shellshock in CoD but when you get hit by a bullet (direct), you get shock, probably the screen suddenly jerks and your movement slows down for a few seconds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:40 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Well, I notice that timing is a major part of this game... Although you might have, realistically, taken their head off with a shotgun blast, they may have suddenly jerked in which case the buckshot would only partially hit doing major damage but not fatal... It's happened to me a few times, which is why when I use the Shotgun, I end to aim for the part of the torso that joins the neck or, most of the time, not using a shotgun at all.

As for you unloading a clip into the enemy... I notice that how much damage dealt depends on what weapon you're using and how fast it shoots...

If you're shooting at me on full auto with a Mac 10, you're probably only hitting me with a few rounds while the rest hit random targets. Whenever I wield an automatic weapon, I use burst fires. The only time I use fully auto is for support (e.g.- when I'm just shooting at random to keep the enemy pinned so that my comrade may engage them.

As for the last one, I never heard the grenade not exploding after you've thrown it then died... Nevertheless, seldom time would I have the pin pulled when I died when one of my teammates ran on top of it... Boy, that makes me angry too. XD

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:12 am 
High Master
High Master

Lag could also be a problem, and perhaps packet loss as well.

Try to join servers with a ping under 100 and see if that makes any difference at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:49 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Thats kinda impossible for some people with a majority of active servers found in Europe and the West Coast and South NA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:21 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

Silentcrisis wrote:
I notice that how much damage dealt depends on what weapon you're using and how fast it shoots...

Damage is pretty much defined by the caliber that the weapon is using :)

[13:50] êÂglÉ: im a republincan
[13:50] êÂglÉ: and i support bush

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The thing is they cant make the game too realistic that gameplay will be ruined. America's Army is a perfect example of this, it is so realistic it only appeals to a handful of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:59 am 
Marksman
Marksman

AA isnt really realistic imo and the devs know what they do (at least i hope so)

[13:50] êÂglÉ: im a republincan
[13:50] êÂglÉ: and i support bush

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:32 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

No game can be 100% realistic, believe me that is impossible. Why? Because once a game hits that mark it is nolonger a game but a simulator not to mention it will go against everything that a game is defined to be.

AA strives for realism like TCE but AA screwed up in making the game basically unplayable to new players.

TCE's damage system is actually quite good. If you find that you cant kill anyone check what you are aiming at at the time the shots were fired. If you so happen to have been shot at the time the gun jerks. Also, while aiming with scopes or iron sights notice the gun sways. And also, when you are not in TAC mode then suddenly go into it, the aim is not where you were aiming before but Im sure you have noticed that, who wouldnt.

So anyreason for anyone not to have been able to kill simply means they werent aiming in the right place at the time the shots were fired.

-------------

The fact the players can get shot and still run is a sacrifice in realism to keep the game playable. If you like crippling shots then AA is probably something youll enjoy as I asure you once you are shot forget about running for cover your deadmeat even if it is just a scratch on your arm (I said arm and i know I did).