All times are UTC

Post subject: Running/Movement
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:15 pm 
Marksman
Marksman

I'd like to see the movement in TCE balanced.

No matter what map I play on, there is always a middle area that the enemy can get to before me. It doesn't seem to matter what side I play on, they are always there first.

I haven't said anything before, I just excepted, that it must be my computer, but after starting from the spawn in objective the other day, I sprinted and was passed up at nearly twice the speed by someone whos character was in walking mode.

I started following people more closely, and noticed many peoples characters where actually running .1 to .5 times faster than mine.

I also found many people doing this superfast walk.

I can understand some people running faster than me, thats just life and the .1 to .5 makes sense... but the superfast walk is something that should be removed... especially since it seems to be a cheat.

---

I've also said this one before... but as people get shot more and more in the game, their character should move slower and slower.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Usualy they holster thier guns. As far as I know, holstering the gun makes you move faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:30 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

lol, I never noticed that. XD

Maybe it's because I don't pay overly attention to details. I just pay attention to flanking, annihilating the opponent with well placed head shots from my Spetsnaz, then relocating and repeating the process. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:04 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I do. Yet I usualy catch up by doing the same or I hang back right behind them and provide cover from behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:09 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

lol, I've become ridiculously accurate after playing BF2 nonstop for 2 months. XD

My twitch gamer reflexes and smooth hands allow for a devastating effect against my enemies. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:18 am 
High Master
High Master

It also depends on what class you are.

I believe snipers move more slowly than the other classes, but I'm not quite sure if recon is faster than assault. I do know recon gets extra stamina, though.

I haven't seen the speedwalking exploit yet, although I haven't played TCE in longer than I'd care to admit.

The next time you see a speedwalker, it might be worthwhile to try to spectate them and see if you can notice any clues, or maybe record a demo of the speedwalking and email it to someone important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:24 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Wouldn't the snipers be the agile ones? Given the fact that they have lighter armor, being that you aren't going to need heavy armor when you're hundreds of meters away from your enemy, wouldn't it be natural that they can run faster and have more stamina? :?:

As for speed differences depending on class... I never really noticed any of it nor did I think it was a problem worth discussing or changing... But that's just me. :P

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:05 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Actually yes that is another reason. The game is class based and some classes move faster.

Well sniper rifles can be heavier than regular rifles am I right? The barrel has to be heavier and stronger for stability. Plus, I dont think any military would issue different kinds of armour, thats just more expensive and unpractical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think in a situation like these, the sniper and recon would have similar armour, and the overall weight of the sniper rifles would slow them down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Actually shouldnt recom also be carrying reconaisance equiptment too? That is really weird because recon should also have better range however thier smgs dont really compare to the range of any rifle.

However players really are moving a tad too fast. It is unrealistic but keeps the game at a playable pace for those non-hardcore realism fans, and mediocre for those hardcore ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:53 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Snipers are equipped for agility. They have minimum supplies for less bulk and less weight which allows for easier maneuverability and even more so for speed.

Yes, do take into consideration the weight of the sniper rifle. A PSG-1 weighs in at around 18lbs and an M4 weighs in at a lesser 6lbs. Now, I went out of my way to test this in an experiment...

I strapped a few lead blocks on my father hunting rifle so it would weigh in at around 18lbs and time myself running from the front of my yard to the back, which was about a 50 meter jog. After several tests, I averaged out at 9 seconds.

For my next test, I took my AEG Airsoft MP5 SD-6 and added some weight so it'd weight around 6lbs. My times averaged out at around 12 seconds.

My conclusions was that there is only a minute difference in times.

You must also take into consideration the supplies being carried by the individual.

A sniper carries less equipment and little or no rations. A Recon man, however, would carry more equipment and would ultimately have more bulk and weight to deal with which would hinder their stamina and agility.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

yeah, but one thing I've noticed in Infiltration is their bulk system, and I've tried some TC:E loadouts (PSG-1, M9, one M67 HE grenade, and 3 mags for each, an MP5/40, M9, a 3 mags, and a few grenades, and an M16, m9 and a few mags. I noticed that the one with the MP5 was lightest, followed closely by the M16 (oddly, my custom AK47w/bayonet and mk23 SD w/ LAM loadout was about the same weight) and the PSG-1 came in last.

I think the big factor is the ammo, as the 20-round PSG mags weigh at least as much as an M16 mag, more than likely more.

but when it comes to equipment, I think that all that you'd see on a recon would be a radio (standard for everyone), map, some writing stuff, and a GPS unit.

either way, I think the weapons are the limiting factor in-game, and that depending on what you carry, you should be penalized accordingly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:09 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

However we are talking about insertion here not behind enemy lines during the cold war. The forces are suppose to be there to fight off the mercinary group known to be in the area. If they were on a long term mission, carryload and rationing would make sense to have affecting weight but the thing is, its more of "They are here so were dropping you off, when your're done call for evac" In the end, the sniper would still be carrying the most weight since noone else has to bring 7-days rations with them.