All times are UTC

Post subject: My New Idea(s)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:07 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

This is the first time I've been here in a few months and I've noticed quite a few things that I think could be patched up a bit...

For one thing, some of the forums and threads are completely disorganized, and not a single one of you guys are to blame for that I might add. I noticed that one of our members, one who has much antipathy with me, (Need I mention his name?) has been making many threads about newer console games.

The first of my ideas is setting up sticky topics in the Off Topic section that pertain to the individual console. (e.g. The Xbox 360 Thread or theThe PS3 Thread) This would help us by making forum cleanup much easier for us and might even please our inexorable persona, who's name I still won't mention...

This is the first of a few ideas I have in mind, but the rest are still written on paper in the back of my mind. :P

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis

Post subject: Re: My New Idea(s)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:07 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Silentcrisis wrote:
The first of my ideas is setting up sticky topics in the Off Topic section that pertain to the individual console. (e.g. The Xbox 360 Thread or theThe PS3 Thread)

I LIKE THIS IDEA.

But, I dunno if people will be satisfied with one thread for all things PS3 or 360, and I sense this kind of thing leading to a flame war... quick.

It would be like this....

PS3 Thread: Nothing but praise and blind rhetoric on how Sony is God. :roll:

360 Thread: Nothing but flaming and using lame-ass terms like "Microsucks" :roll: :roll:

Wii Thread: This thread will be a train-wreck from the get-go, all we'll hear is "Nintendo is for little babies" and "OMFGSONYPWNSYOUPUNYNINTENDO" :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It could either be really good.... or a horrible end-of-the-world-esk disaster.

Any more opinions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:37 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

They all end up like that eventually, unfortunately. but I think a console "megathread" would help keep the spam (that's what it is, in essence) down. plus it's easier to lock if it gets out of hand.

I was actualy going to post about if I could merge all the threads into one, but you beat me to it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:37 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Yes, spamming and flaming would be a problem. But that can be resolved through setting down guidelines. In which case, the guidelines would state clearly that any rules broken may result in 'such-and-such' consequence(s) with no exceptions. Although you guys may seem to be, in some of our members eyes, ductile, as long as there's one mod capable of ruling with an iron fist, there should be no problem.

Precedence is the key here. If one member would suffer the consequences, I'm sure others will give more respect towards our demands.

So lets make this democratic and vote... All in favor of this idea, say I, including any additions or changes that you'd like to be made. All against it, don't be afraid to express your discernment.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:50 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I'm going to sleep on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think having new threads for the consoles would help, but they should have rules set out in the first post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:48 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

A point that I stated in my recent post. (Maybe not as clearly as I should have)

Note that there will be rule breakers... But as long as there are enforcers, it will all even out in the end.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:48 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Ok... sleepy-time is over... I say go for it.