All times are UTC

Post subject: make official default
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:19 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ive converted a couple of people to download/play this game,
some were happy, some were disappointed,

the one's that were happy were the one's that were in an official map the first time they entered a server,

the one's that were disappointed were the one's that played on a custom map the first time they played TCe, their reactions were like:
1.f.ck man this game looks crap,
2.what a stupid game, dem_dust is basically a counterstrike rip off,
3.im never going to play this game again, thanks allot dragon for waisting my f.cking time downloading this f.cking game,

so.... my suggestion to the devs is to make the official server the default server, so every player that use the ingame browser wont see the custom servers unless they include the custom server in the filter option, because most 3rd party maps doesnt really look representative for TCe,

im not even suggesting to get rid of the 3rd party maps, im just suggesting to hide the 3rd party maps so u can impress the new players, instead of scaring them off with maps that looks like a joke,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The first time I played TC:E, I entered a game with custom maps. In fact, I didn't play an official map until I had been playing for about a month.

Barring personal experience, we'd get a lot of people coming in and asking why As long as the game doesn't go as long without an update as .48, we should avoid a build up of crappy maps.

also, a ggood chunk of the community came from counter-strike, or at least playyed both TC:E and CS. Even though I don't like dust, I think it's a good thing that there are crossover maps, as a lot of CS maps play very well.

There are also EXCELLENT third-party maps, like depot, that play even better than the official maps. Plus, if you're stuck with just the official maps (which a good chunk of people would, seeing as the filters are rarely used) you're likely to get bored very fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:03 am 
Master
Master

Custom content keeps this game going, with how long in between updates custom maps and guns (especially well made ones) provide a slight distraction of constant repetition (playing same 6 maps well 4 not including snow and village because of lag issues) would drive ppl away. also these so called ppl because i'm in question whether they are real or figments of your imagination to express your own personal views. snort

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:45 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Karate Explosion wrote:
Custom content keeps this game going, with how long in between updates custom maps and guns (especially well made ones) provide a slight distraction of constant repetition (playing same 6 maps well 4 not including snow and village because of lag issues) would drive ppl away. also these so called ppl because i'm in question whether they are real or figments of your imagination to express your own personal views. snort

no not my imagination, i do promote TCe in allot of gaming forums, so not an imagination,

actually... ever since the devs implemented the official servers, i never played on a custom server, maybe a few times but never played a custom server more than 1 time, and im still not bored, "devs should take this as a compliment"

just look at it this way, if u develop a game, and if you want to sell it, do u wanna make your game look like crap and very unrepresentative by including some crappy maps in your game? well if your a bit smart u wont,

like i said im not suggesting to get rid of the 3rd party development, they are important too, im not even insulting any 3rd party mappers, some mappers are really outstanding, seriously my compliments, but there r just too much crappy maps really, it will turn off allot of new potential players,

im sure people that r used to the pc gaming have their know abouts of the 3rd party creation issues, but what if someone never played a pc game? he will assume that the crappy maps r developed by the developers of the game which will give True Combat a bad reputation,

trust me this will work out great, dont forget that i was the one that suggested to separate official and custom, it turn out to be very great,
because now those who just wanna have fun and those who just want the quality stuff arent facing the issues that they were facing in 0.48, in 0.48 there were too much argues about the crappy maps, but look at it now, no more argues about crappy maps because there is an official server now that wont host any 3rd party creations,

and trust me Devs know im a visionary, ask lordofKao$ if u think im bullshitting, making the official severs the default wont be much of a big difference but it will only make TrueCombat more representative for the new players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:05 am 
High Master
High Master

If you want the devs to do something like this, then it would be best to do it on the TC:E.net forums. Because the US forums are not really looked at by the devs as a source of feed back. I don't blame them because there are very few active members on the US forums. Most of the active people on these forums are moderators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:51 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well actually we have a lot of visitors a day, and when i say a lot I mean LOTS that it actually got the site down more than once in the past if you remember. The thing is not many post anything in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:08 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
If you want the devs to do something like this, then it would be best to do it on the TC:E.net forums. Because the US forums are not really looked at by the devs as a source of feed back. I don't blame them because there are very few active members on the US forums. Most of the active people on these forums are moderators.

He's banned from tce.net.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:11 am 
High Master
High Master

Ohh, didn't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:11 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:

actually they come here often aswell, some suggestions on THIS forum were actually implemented in 0.49

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:47 am 
Master
Master

If Dragon is visionary of TC:E i will just quit now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:03 pm 
High Master
High Master

I think he believes his idea's were adopted because he recommended them. However, it is clear that he just recommended every possible idea for the game, and by coincidence some of them were in the game.

Like Nostradamus's, he made enough predictions for some of them, by chance, to be accurate. In the same sense, Dragon here had so many idea's, it turned out some of them were already planned by the devs. Sad how deluded he is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Karate Explosion wrote:
If Dragon is visionary of TC:E i will just quit now

funny though, when i suggested to separate custom and official maps everyone flamed me, and said if this happens i will never play TCe again, when it happend i saw the same people claimed not to play TCe anymore if custom and official are seperated playing on a server,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:56 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
Like Nostradamus's, he made enough predictions for some of them, by chance, to be accurate. In the same sense, Dragon here had so many idea's, it turned out some of them were already planned by the devs. Sad how deluded he is.

euhm.. LordOfKaos disagreed with me when i suggested to seperate official and custom, what planned?

dude you dont realise that your the one that is actually deluded, you think your better than me and all, but me compared with you, "me more productive"
your comments arent contributing anything,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

hush everyone. Warning 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:11 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
euhm.. LordOfKaos disagreed with me when i suggested to seperate official and custom, what planned?

It won't be the first, nor the last, time someone will disagree with your suggestions.

Dragonathon wrote:
dude you dont realise that your the one that is actually deluded

The only thing here that's deluded are your ideas. They're either repeats of your past declarations, which have been shot down countless times, or new poorly constructed ones that have little to no chance of making it pass the forums you type in now...

Dragonathon wrote:
you think your better than me and all

By leaping out and attacking him in such a manner, you're proving to him and everyone else here that he, indeed, is better than you.

I'm not saying that he is, I'm merely stating the facts that are here.

Dragonathon wrote:
but me compared with you, "me more productive"

If productive means aggregating trivial and pointless thoughts so that the development of this game may be more... "productive"...

Then yes, you are by far the most productive person in these forums. :roll:

Dragonathon wrote:
your comments arent contributing anything,

As are your ideas...

Now let me state something...

Your ideas may gain some potential if you didn't flame every person who slightly opposed them...

Instead of trying to make this an autocracy by being some haughty individual who feels his ideas are above everyone else's and should be carried out to the fullest, maybe you should consider gathering all the constructive criticisms and using them to make an idea that meets the needs of everyone else in this community. Not some non-existent community that you seem to believe is backing you.

~Silentcrisis

/Dragonathon

TC:E/ET username = Silentcrisis