All times are UTC

Post subject: waiting lobby interface.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

READ THIS ATTENTIVELY

the developers of some multi player online games added a comfortable feature that ease up players such as a waiting lobby,
like warrock, before the match starts, players would see a waiting lobby interface first before evryone is ready for the match, evryone has 2 click a READY button to be able to start the match,
it is much better than having 2 wait for players that is still loading the next map, they usually and up being inactive during the mission, wich is kinda unrealistic.

ive once suggested an waiting lobby interface for people that just have entered the server, and ive suggested to make it look something like this:
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4660/spect6pj.jpg

so spectators start with seeing a waiting lobby kinda interface,
perhaps a READY button would be appropriate.
TCe is able to have such feature, infact they allready have this kinda feature, like evryone has to press F3 to start the match,
problem is, u get impatient players that is still waiting for the players that r still loading,
the only solution for this, is to make evyone a spectator at the start of the match, so the ones that r ready can join wich team they wanna join and start the match, the admins should be able to start the match even if noone have pressed the ready button,

and what i suggest is that the server admins should have a feature where they can see wich player is ready and wich not, i have something like this in mind:
this admin toy feature, would be actually very useful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:59 am 
Expert
Expert

THIS SYSTEM IS ALREADY IN PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you play on an esl setting obj server, every player must press "f3" before the warmup will even start!!! you can hit /players in the console to see which players are not ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:08 am 
Marksman
Marksman

imho is /players enough ... developers should spend time and energy on another places better ... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:00 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Perhaps he meant forcing everyone to require this process of pressing ready. Well if we did have that method I dont see anything bad about it. Also maybe an integrated window/panel with the player status information - maybe even saying who is away - if they are they arent kicked isntead they do not spawn on that specific round until they come back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:27 am 
High Master
High Master

It's not a bad idea, but I think the devs should be focusing on other things at the time. There are still many issues to be dealt with before they get nit picky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:08 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

HoboCoP wrote:
THIS SYSTEM IS ALREADY IN PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragonathan wrote:
TCe is able to have such feature, infact they allready have this kinda feature, like evryone has to press F3 to start the match,
problem is, u get impatient players that is still waiting for the players that r still loading,

Dragonathan wrote:
READ THIS ATTENTIVELY!!!!!!

this is so ridiculous, please read...

@mods, please remove this post and hobo's post, because this is taking away allot of free space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:17 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:

@mods, please remove this post and hobo's post, because this is taking away allot of free space.

Sorry, Dragon. I know I cleaned up that one thread of yours before, but that was for a good reason.
Everyone has the right to be heard (even if they aren't paying complete attention, kind of like me right now :P).
Don't get it into your head that we are going to start deleting posts all willy-nilly, because we most certainly aren't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:11 pm 
Expert
Expert

Dragonathan wrote:

ty Muska. Let me explain my point dragonathan.

your question

Dragonathan wrote:

You are saying that it would be nice to have a ready button...and then say that the system is already in place...So your original idea is to change the message that says "Press F3 to be ready" to a massive big BUTTON that you have to click when you are ready? Seems like an amount of time that could be spent better improving the maps/weapons/i could go on...

the screenshot of your thing for the admin is nice (with the list of which players are ready) but as previously said, if anyone hits /players in the console you get a list identical to that!

Regarding your old idea of the waiting lobby....it is a fairly pretty idea, but since TC:E is not run off steam or anthing with a base server so things like the "profile" is completely impossible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

HoboCoP wrote:
You are saying that it would be nice to have a ready button...and then say that the system is already in place...So your original idea is to change the message that says "Press F3 to be ready" to a massive big BUTTON that you have to click when you are ready?

huh!? sorry i dont know what you are talking about

HoboCoP wrote:
Seems like an amount of time that could be spent better improving the maps/weapons/i could go on...

ohh so u prefer quantity over quality right? u prefer new features than fixing problems such as the "players getting kicked evrytime the map is changed" issue?

well i prefer the devs fixing problems first, that should be set as first priority imo. and "improving the maps/weapons/i could go on..." should come after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think a ready button would be detrimental. as it is, all you have to do is move a finger a few keys up (if you use scripts for choosing weapons, it's probably not even in your way) and you're done, instead of going into a menu and selecting ready.

also, you seem to have not understood what hobo said. he said he would rather see other things improved than have useless features. if you have a problem pressing f3, that makes you one of maybe 100 in the entire ET community, the only one in the TC:E community. the TC:E IRC channels I frequent seem to share this opinion.