All times are UTC

Post subject: forum population,
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:17 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

admins needs 2 do something on the registration system, its too over secured, noone is able to register, my friend is stil waiting for a vertification email,

i think the best thing 2 do 2 get the forum population flow smoothly is 2 get rid of the over secured registration system, and remove the bots manually, and am willing to volunteer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:01 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the thing is, the security is built into the forum software. and if he's been waiting 2 weeks, just try to get another e-mail sent, and for the amount of bots that target this forum, believe me, you don't want to have to deal with them :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:56 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
for the amount of bots that target this forum, believe me, you don't want to have to deal with them :shock:

More specifically, WE don't want to have to deal with them. If you were a mod you'd realize how annoying it is to have to get rid of multiple spam-threads not to mention even more spam-posts every single day of the week.

Get's old quick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:01 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

lol... you guys dont really know me well,
in real life im a neat freak, im that type of guy that cleans all the fingerprints on my psp/ps3 evry 5 minutes :P

so it wont be a problem for me in getting rid of all the bots manually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if you're a neat freak, you'd kill yourself. if it was just one or two, it'd be fine, but if we change it to no admin activation/no e-mail activation, we'll have about 30 bots per month needing cleaning, bans, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

omg!!, how the hell would u know that i cant take 30bots? its easier for me to ban, its harder for them to register,

now when r u going to make sense it? all your posts r garbage and useless comments that doesnt make any *i-need-a-broader-vocab* sense your moron, im getting sick of it,

u r in my ignore list, but sometimes you make a reply thats so stupid than i just need to reply something back, in order to correct u,

how old are u man? 12? 13?? JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!!! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:56 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

this is where YOU don't understand. only administrators can ban people/bots. I know that the spam bots are using dynamic IPs, which makes it a lot harder to get a ban to stick.

oh, and just so you know, you weren't here for the big bot rush a few weeks ago. if you left the forum for a day, there would be ~20-30 new topics and replies, all of them from spam bots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ok now im calmed down, its cool again,

i have experience with dynamic ip's, and trust me, it is allot harder to make a whole new account than 2 just ban someone with 1 button,

first the one that makes all the bot needs to find available ip's, that takes allot of time could be 5 minutes, sometimes 30 minutes, than he would need to make a new email to registrate, wich requires allot of effort too

and hes doing all that effort just to spam? trust me, he will eventually get tired and give up if all the effort he made gets removed in a blink of an eye,
hes not a robot, hes a human being with limits,

and btw, i sense a conspiracy behind the bots,

but on topic, im willing to help voluntarily to ban the bots manually, so the over secured registration system coul be removed, so the forum population will flow more fluent just like bfore the over secured registration system was implemented.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:46 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'm sure the registration system needs tweaking, but it's part of the forum software, and AFAIK, PHBB doesn't allow for it to have changes other than enabling/disabling notification by admin/email. I'd suggest switching to another forum system for here, but we'd lose all our posts and data and junk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:20 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
im willing to help voluntarily to ban the bots manually...

I wish you would quit hinting around like that, you didn't even get a mod position when they were voting (they being Diane and Xeno), so what makes you think they would make you an admin just because you volenteered?

I'm a mod, and I'm dead sure they wouldn't let me be an admin (not like I want to be).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you'll never know,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:45 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
you'll never know,

Let's look at the odds....

in order for them to consider you for an admin position, they would have to trust you more than they do me... and if that was the case, YOU would be a mod right now, not me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:49 pm 
High Master
High Master

Do they trust me? I know they can trust me to abuse my powers and try to over throw them.

PEACE THROUGH POWER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
PEACE THROUGH POWER!

WAR IS PEACE
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

but the best way to get an admin position id to sharpen skills at modelling/coding/sound/whatever and send in an applicatiion to TT.