All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:19 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I agree with muska on getting knife damage lowered. it will offer less incentive to rush at people with a knife. it also makes it take a TON more skill to get a knife kill.

it's like the AK in .48. it was overpowered and too accurate, so everyone wanted one, they nerfed it, and now it fits in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:21 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Evil_Muska wrote:
Not really. Weakening the knife would discourage people from using it all the time. Instead of 2 knife hits killing you, it should be more like 4-5 hits before the player is down (If you can't take down someone with a knife before they hit you 4 times in a row, you deserve to die shamefully).

4-5 times? That's like tapping someone on the shoulder. "Hey," *tap* *tap* "would you please shoot me?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:29 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Pancake wrote:
4-5 times? That's like tapping someone on the shoulder. "Hey," *tap* *tap* "would you please shoot me?"

exactly, thats what got me thinking too, in real life u r able to kill someone with one stab, only if you stab it in the right erea,

i suggest the devs to make a more advanced hitbox system

example:

-u are able to kill some in the neck erea and the facial erea with 1 stab
-all the other ereas requires 4 stabs to be able to kill the player,

just these 2 simple things could really increase the realism with out losing the fun,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:01 pm 
Master
Master

i posted a similair Idea that knifes should have 2 fire mods one a stabbing motion that is slow with high damage rate and one where knife blade is down with low damage rate but is fast slicing motions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:16 pm 
Expert
Expert

Dragonathan wrote:
example, someone is using a bag to put all his items in, but it has a hole, everytime he puts the items in the bag the items keeps dropping down,
the only way he can fix this is to "improve" the bag by closing the hole,
now if you say that "improvement" might turn out bad for someone, than ur basicly saying that the hole in the bag might be appropriate for someone, wich is stupid,

And what if the 'items' the person was putting in were ammo clips? Surely the person he intends to use them on would be better off for them all falling out and being unusable so he didn't get shot? ;)

Sigh, sorry to split hairs, I just couldn't stop myself.

One of those days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

<TCF>Buschman wrote:
And what if the 'items' the person was putting in were ammo clips? Surely the person he intends to use them on would be better off for them all falling out and being unusable so he didn't get shot? ;)

well thats really rare, what i ment was in general.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragon not all analogies work for ever single thing. An example of a bad improvement - lets look at a different game. AA strives for realism and authenticity in its army experience. The AA devs made it really realistic that problems like bunny hopping, exploits, and many other jokes of tricks were prevented giving AA players the most realistic experience. Also they are realistically modeled weapon functionality right down to accurate bullet physics. These are improvements really, AA used to be rather arcady. However, these improvements made the game so hard for new players that it turned them off from the game - not only that, some veteran players got turned off too, not only were these slowing down the gameplay, having these adjustments also brought about more issues such as increased inactivity and camping.

Now what you wanted is to change the knifing system in a way that the graphics show it in John Woo style (refer to the pictures you posted with the reverse grip). We have already said that holding it that way is inefficient.

What we want to change is the amount of damage it does. Two slashes on the bullet proof scaleplate vest doesnt kill in anyone in real life. Therefore the damage should be reduced or the knife attack itself has to be changed to a more appropriate thrust stab instead of a slash. The knife attack in CS is more correct than the one in TCE for doing that kind of damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Dragon not all analogies work for ever single thing.

no my analogies works for all things,

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Now what you wanted is to change the knifing system in a way that the graphics show it in John Woo style (refer to the pictures you posted with the reverse grip). We have already said that holding it that way is inefficient.

f.ck man, i hate people that put words in my mouth, i feel like i wanna smack their faces untill their brains come out of their noses,

i never said i want a john woo style, u said it was impossible to change the knifing system and such, i just showed a picture to show u that evrything is possible,

XenoKiLLer wrote:
What we want to change is the amount of damage it does. Two slashes on the bullet proof scaleplate vest doesnt kill in anyone in real life. Therefore the damage should be reduced or the knife attack itself has to be changed to a more appropriate thrust stab instead of a slash. The knife attack in CS is more correct than the one in TCE for doing that kind of damage.

just read my previous posts will you,
thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:27 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Then if what you want to do is the same as what we want to do then why is this thread still running?

Then I guess discussion is over. putting the . in the between the f and the c doesnt change anything. Censoring yourself doesnt mean you didnt use foul language. There is no point in that. Swearing is swearing and it is against the forum rules.

Remember dragon you have already used up your warnings by trying to initiate that flame thread the last time, this is going way over the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:13 am 
Master
Master

that John Woo style as you refer it is how some different special op forces are trained to hold a knife just like when you slit a throat it's push the head down not up ffs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:00 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
no my analogies works for all things.

Oh please.... quit stroking your ego already, it couldn't possibly get any bigger at this point. :roll:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....

GET OVER YOURSELF!

I'm done here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:32 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Then if what you want to do is the same as what we want to do then why is this thread still running?

damn xeno, is your I.Q. below average or something?
did i said that i want to do the same? no, stop putting words in my mouth!!!

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Then I guess discussion is over. putting the . in the between the f and the c doesnt change anything. Censoring yourself doesnt mean you didnt use foul language. There is no point in that. Swearing is swearing and it is against the forum rules.

maybe i'll stop swearing if u stop giving me dumb replies,

XenoKiLLer wrote:
the forum rules.
Remember dragon you have already used up your warnings by trying to initiate that flame thread the last time, this is going way over the line.

i dont care, im maybe planning to quit this forums anyways, since its very hard to connect with most people here, most people here say things that doesnt make any real sense, and the mods are too young to be mods, they dont know what theyre doing, maybe if diane hired a more mature older and wise mod, than im sure it would be much peaceful on this forum

Evil_Muska wrote:
I'm done here...

ok... i hope u can keep your word, and if u reply another useless unproductive reply than i think u should stop saying things just to make yourself look tougher or something, because your definetely not,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:36 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Dragonathan wrote:
i dont care, im maybe planning to quit this forums anyways, since its very hard to connect with most people here...

You do post a lot and keep the forums going but I'm willing to bet you have the same problem connecting with people everywhere. Your egotistical posts make my gut twist sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thread locked, turning into flame fest.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5