All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:32 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
"improvement" cant be considered bad, imrpovements means a positive change that will do good FOR ANYONE, go look the word "improvement" in your dictionary

Now see, your missing the whole point. He's saying that some people would see certain things as "improvements" while others might see a completely different side of that very same feature that they think will negatively affect the game.

No improvements is going to satisfy EVERYONE, it's just not possible.
Human beings are so very intricate and complex that it's impossible to make everyone happy, that's just how the world works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

What that sentence meant is that what is an improvement for you isnbt necessarily an improvement for others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
What that sentence meant is that what is an improvement for you isnbt necessarily an improvement for others.

improvement means something bad for the "conservatives" yes.
but u wont make any progress with conservative people,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

no it simply means that not what one person wants the other person would not like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
no it simply means that not what one person wants the other person would not like.

thats something different, thats its more like the other person wants to have something added, but the other ones dont want to have something added,

but what i mean is, to improve something that is allready there, like making it better, if u make something better than its always good,

its like 100mbpr connection, and someone makes it a 800mbpr connection for the same monthly price as the 100mbpr connection,
well if someone is against that than he must be dumb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

not everyone can agree on everything.

with your connection example, even though the price is the same, is the speed constant? are there other catches in the contract? is it stable? does it require purchasing more hardware? etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:40 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Just because a feature was changed and was better for you doesnt mean it is better for every single person who palys the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
not everyone can agree on everything.

with your connection example, even though the price is the same, is the speed constant? are there other catches in the contract? is it stable? does it require purchasing more hardware? etc.

u really amuse me with your dumb replies, u dont need extra hardware for faster connection you tard,

*i-need-a-broader-vocab* man i should have ignored you, i reget that ive talked to someone way below my lvl,

XenoKiller wrote:
Just because a feature was changed and was better for you doesnt mean it is better for every single person who palys the game.

euhm, go check the example of my previous post, i think 800mbps connection is better for evryone,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:21 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

You do know that 800mbps is technically not possible for general public as of right now dont you? We have Ethernet cards that reach up to gigabyt transfar rates but no matter how fast they say transfer rates are those will always be limited to hardware capability - in this case you modem, router, ethernet card, ram (which is required for internet access), processing power, and finally the servers used by the internet provider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:11 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ohhhhhhh my,............. god.............
i really feel like im the most smartest guy on this forum,

it was a freaking example xeno, my goodness!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:23 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Still proves your example wrong either way. Now which of you slipped into discussing internet connections anyway, last I recall three days ago this was about the knife tha tdid too much damage and needed to be weaker on kevlar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:09 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if u understand the word improvement fully than u wouldnt argue,

example, someone is using a bag to put all his items in, but it has a hole, everytime he puts the items in the bag the items keeps dropping down,
the only way he can fix this is to "improve" the bag by closing the hole,
now if you say that "improvement" might turn out bad for someone, than ur basicly saying that the hole in the bag might be appropriate for someone, wich is stupid,

yes trying to improve something might cause problems, but if it cause problems than it means that it still isnt improved, but when it is... improved than its would be better for EVERYONE!!

anyways on topic:

knifes should only be available when your out of ammo's,
yes soldiers do use knifes even if they their weopon is still loaded,
but that is usually on rare occasions, and usually it happens when they need to cut something loose or whatever, i dont see these occasions happen ingame,

i dont mind knife kills, but i do mind players running around the whole map with a knife,

there is no other solution for this than to lock the knife untill all your ammo's are empty, but the chance that that will happen is very rare,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:26 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

This can only be solved with a large public poll to see what the people really think. Neither of us who participated in this discussion may interfere with that poll as that is bias. Try it, do a public poll in a different forum and link us the results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:32 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

"democracy works well only with well educated/wise people"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:48 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
i really feel like im the most smartest guy on this forum.

Well, you certainly don't sound like it (aka, your laughable use of a double-positive).

Dragonathan wrote:
i dont mind knife kills, but i do mind players running around the whole map with a knife...

Like I said before, this simply involes the type of people you play with.
If you don't like people doing this, then find a server and/or a group of players who want to play the game correctly like you (realistic, tactical, and such).

Dragonathan wrote:
there is no other solution for this than to lock the knife untill all your ammo's are empty...

Not really. Weakening the knife would discourage people from using it all the time. Instead of 2 knife hits killing you, it should be more like 4-5 hits before the player is down (If you can't take down someone with a knife before they hit you 4 times in a row, you deserve to die shamefully).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next