All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:33 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

What they can do is give the knife accurate damage ratings instead of the two-slash-kevlar-back-kills. It should either be a thrust with more damage - crippling not always a kill except for vital areas. Slashes shouldntt really do much damage unless its on the throat.

Post subject: Re: I think.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:32 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Dragonathan wrote:
i understand u like stealth actions, so do i, but the thing is, developers are aiming for a hyper realistic game, u could ask them yourself if this is true, and what im trying to say here is that the ridiculous "knife vs gun" issue isnt going to help the devs reaching their the goal they r aiming for,

I REALLY like running with the shotgun like a chicken with its head cut off. It's amazing how much damage you can avoid by zig zagging!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:38 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Pancake wrote:
I REALLY like running with the shotgun like a chicken with its head cut off. It's amazing how much damage you can avoid by zig zagging!

thats because the demage rate in TCe is way way way..... too low,

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Dragonathan wrote:
Pancake wrote:

thats because the demage rate in TCe is way way way..... too low,

if it was increased any more it would not be fun. also, the reason zig-zagging works is because (suprise) people have trouble hitting a target that moves unpredictably (which is why I do that when I cross an open area.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:52 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
is it fair for the one that wanna play a tactical realistic shooter "wich the developers of the game claimed to be" when the gameplay is prettty much retarded like seeing enemies using a knife while your whole team is using a gun?

Well, when you really think about it, the realism is also effected by the people you play with aswell.
Someone could be running around the map the whole time shooting at walls and being as loud as possible instead of remaining tactical like a soldier realisticly does. You gotta remember, your not playing against/with actual trained soldiers, your playing with gamers (which ranges from little annoying kids to guys in their 30s playing in their mom's basement).
You can only push realism so far, there's always going to be SOMETHING that isn't EXACTLY like it is in real life.

NO GAME IS PERFECT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:20 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

and that says it.

However the knife is ridiculously too powerful that it even seems to be quicker than a gun to kill someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:14 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

XenoKiLLer wrote:
However the knife is ridiculously too powerful that it even seems to be quicker than a gun to kill someone.

The knife could use a downgrade, yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:50 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
XenoKiLLer wrote:

The knife could use a downgrade, yes.

I third nerfing knives. they should be a last resort "oh god I'm out of ammo please god let me find a gun" weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:27 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well in TCE, the chances of not finding a gun on the ground after blasting through enemies would be unlikely. Either way, if youre the kind that wastes ammo and always needs to find a new gun or resort to the knife, your chances of survival arent really that good for you to really need another gun or use the knife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:52 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Yeah, killing somebody with a knife should be a "OMFGDIDYOUSEETHATPWNED!!!" moment, not a common occurrance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:27 am 
High Master
High Master

Knifing is bragging rites, nothing more. If they take those things out of a game, then the game would lose it's game feel. I don't play TC:E become a 1337 counter terro unit. I play to be a gamer, and games earn bragging rites, and rub it in their online friends faces.

Furthermore, you can inflict a lot of damage with a knife. More so than a single 9mm bullet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:06 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Hey this is why I reserve my knifing to 2142 for actual bragging rights!!! Oher than that seeing me with a knife is only possible in MMORPGs.

Yes sure you can inflict more damage, but not on the kevlar with two slashes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:10 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
NO GAME IS PERFECT.

thats not true, perfect has different meanings for each person,

a game with potential is perfect to me,
no games are perfect in the sense of that it always could use some improvements, but evry human being like to c things being improved, thats what makes humans different from animals, the reason why we are the most superior creatures is because we like to improve things, we dont adapt to the environment, we make the environment adapt to us,

trying to improve things to make it perfect is always good,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:39 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

But like you said, not every game is perfect and we all have our definitions for a perfect game. Therefore some improvements for some people may be deteriorating for others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
But like you said, not every game is perfect and we all have our definitions for a perfect game. Therefore some improvements for some people may be deteriorating for others.

never said that not evry game is perfect, i even said that a game with potential is perfect to me,

so there are always some games that might turn out to be perfect for someone,

i dont understand this part:
XenoKiLLer wrote:
Therefore some improvements for some people may be deteriorating for others.

well if some people find improvements "worse", than they must be against improvements,

"improvement" cant be considered bad, imrpovements means a positive change that will do good FOR ANYONE, go look the word "improvement" in your dictionary

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next