All times are UTC

Post subject: proning speed
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:52 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

i think the proning speed ingame could be much faster, im not going to suggest the same speed as your walking and running, but just 20percent faster than the current proning speed,

keep in mind that soldiers train the proning really often, allot of times they have to prone a very long distance, thus they'll get a better proning skill,
and also keep in mind that non trained people are able to prone really fast, and rotate really fast from a proning position too, although the stamina from a untrained person would simply drain much faster than the stamina from a trained soldier, but point is, the proning speed and the rotating speed from proning position is just way too slow ingame, it makes the proning useless and more of a gimmick than a real gameplay feature, its only useful for snipers, but in real life assault do prone really often in combat missions, especially when their being ambushed/attacked,

and i personally think that the switch from standing/crawling to proning position could also be more faster, ive watched documentaries about navy seals and special forces, they did a training "a pretend combat" and when they were attacked, they really went from standing/crawl position to proning position really fast,

ingame it takes like 3 seconds to prone, wich is not realistic compared to trained soldiers in real life.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:49 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Its really an engine thing, several frames of animation is required to get the proning animation correctly. Otherwise it will be like we was standing, next second he is on the ground like the animation skipped. In GRAW, the prone is like jumping down unto the ground, and it comes complete with dust getting kicked up and a couple camera shakes. In BF2, its almost the same but really unrealistic - and this is the problem. In GRAW its fast, but there is a delay - once you drop down the dust kicks up and the camera shakes so and so but you are temporarily unable to just get up right away. In BF2, it is fast and you can get up and go prone almost instantaneously. Which creates the exploit which looks like people jumping in prone. TCE aims to be realistic - if ever, they were able to fix the animations to make proning faster, then getting up has to be delayed too, and complete with real hinderances while in prone position. Which I am sure will only really slow down the gameplay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

realisticly... getting down really fast to proning position from stand/crawl position is realistic...
realisticly... getting up slowly from proning position to stand/crawl position is realistic,

so yeah, standing up from proning position should indeed be slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

That is how things are in AA, except that in general, everything is really slow. So slow that you cant tell the difference between, sprinting, running, walking, crawling, shuffling, and stationary camping.

Post subject: while jumping
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:30 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I wish you could prone during a jump. Like a dive.

Post subject: Re: while jumping
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Pancake wrote:
I wish you could prone during a jump. Like a dive.

good idea mate, but keep in mind that the devs are using a 6 year old game engine, something like you've suggested would simply make the game crash.

im not saying its impossible "im an optimist" but for such feature as u suggested, the devs would need to turn the wet engine upside down, tweak to the fullest, and do a major surgery on the WET engine, wich could take years, and they would also need tools from splashdemage, but im afraid splashdemage arent going to give anything to the devs,

so for now, devs have to just implement all my suggestion that ive posted on this forum, aint that right Xeno? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Not right now, perhaps in the future. Eventually, they might get tired of Quake3E and move on to Doom3 supposing it is released on another free multiplayer game some time in the future. That opens up for more options and suggestions // features. In the mean time, we have to face the ugly (literally) reality of the vanilla Quake3engine.