All times are UTC

Post subject: wondering about the devs.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:54 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

im really wondering what the devs r doing, its quite, and when its quite most game developers are usually working one something big that they wanna keep a secret,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:27 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

They mentioned they were busy thier personal lives. They are taking a break from working on TCE. That is actually better for the game since when they come beck, theyll be reinvigorated to make the best mod for WET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

but i think they work bit by bit on the development, and maybe 1 or 2 does allot of things while others are taking a break, so i think there is always some little progress, its better than no progress at all imo,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:55 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Supposing everybody knows how to do everything. However each and everyone of them specializes in something very specific, and would actually be better if they stuck with what they can do best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:35 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

imo devs should expand their developing team, get more people in the team so we all can have a much bigger game with more depth,
with good team management, i dont think the devs have to worry about chaos, from what i heard they allready recruited allot of people in the past but things didnt turn out well,

but its all in the team management, if the management is crap, than u get a crappy teamwork, the team would need to have a very good manager that can keep a proper organisation,
the devs could have 30 or 40 developers and evrything still could stay neat, "if the team management is orgenised properly"

but really if devs hired more people u will see some major improvement as result, that i guarantee...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Its hard to manage a team of 40, especially if this isnt your full time job. Right now I believe they have less than 30 devs. Which can explain the slow development curve but better that way to keep things under control. If there were too many devs you would have problems such as asset leaks and general disorganization among the team members.

However they could get volunteers to simply make them something very specific and thats about it for thier part - kinda like a contract employment, its temporary dev status just to get one simple thing done quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:02 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

devs working with 40 more people isnt a big problem, but, yes its a big but, but they would need to work with people in real life, not online, online is risky, real life not, and also its more pleasent to work together in real life face 2 face rather than online,

just a crazy idea: with all the money the devs get from the community, maybe perhaps they could invest in building a small studio, im not suggestin a studio with 100,000euro worth studio equipments, but just a simple revamped studio with new desk tables so all the devs could work in the same room together, "in one of the dev's house", and like repaint the wall having a Groove 6 studio logo somehwere in the studio so the devs can really feel like pro's, just a cheap little makover in someones room, and make it a mini studio,

you preform better in a good environment imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:11 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Except one thing, none of them is getting payed. Most of them arent even in the same state. Most dev teams today, specificaly indie like TT dont work in studios, they work onlnie where teams are separated by countries and oceans. Organizing a team of 40, that does get payed and probably doesnt even see each other is not an easy task.

With the internet and high speed connections, working in the same room is no longer a necessary requirement. Although it would be better. Also, TT's organizational structure is fairly loose. A full dev team, usualy made up of 40-60 people are broken down into smaller teams specializing in different parts of development. This is because it is not easy to maange so many people with just one leader.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:19 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Except one thing, none of them is getting payed. Most of them arent even in the same state..

im aware of that but all the devs live in or near europe, except traumahawk lol..., im not saying that the devs should always meet each other evry single day, thats not really healthy, evryone has his own private life too,

but from a psychological point of view, its better for the devs to sometimes meet each other in real life, and spend 2 or 3 weeks in coroner's house or something, and develop TrueCombat "together", it amplifies their bond,
as result better development, and better game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:48 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Supposing they all live in the same neighborhood, that makes sense. Otherwise, its just crazy. Thats why we have mIRC for and mics.