All times are UTC

Post subject: life pack saver for BC?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

since BC isnt about realism at all but mostly for fun and excersises,

why not be able to save all the dropped lifepacks in an inventory?

so once u walk over a life pack u dont have to necessary use it, especially if your life bar is kinda full allready, so u can like save up allot of dropped life packs and use the life packs only when u need it,
that way u get a much more fun gameplay for BC, it allows u to survive much longer,
thus more immersive experience per each individual player,

so when u collect dropped life packs in bc u should like see this somewhere on your display:

[ + ] x5

and u have to press a key to use it,
perhaps this could be done with ammo clips, but then the devs would make have to make a small box of ammo drop from a killed player,

all the ammo boxes should look the same, but how would u know for what gun the ammo box is for?

well it should give u a stat with simple lining design something like:
that tells u what type of bullets it is, so u know if u are able to pick it or not,

like i suggested in "additional interface" http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1321

so u are able to save up ammo's just like life pack's, but this should be used in BC, since BC is a arcadish game mode anyways, a bit unrealistic feature isnt such of a big deal,

and besides, most people that play BC just wanna have fun,
and thats what this idea is all about, increasing the fun.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:38 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

if this were Et, I"d be for it, but not necessarily in TC:E, just because it could be exploited by rushers/spawncampers.

if it could be balanced properly, it'd be awesome, but I don't think the game is ready.

as for seeing the type of ammo if you put your mouse over something, I'd love that. too many times have I grabbed an AK74USD instead of an AKS74U. however, if ammo is made to be the same type as it would be IRL, then that would fix that.

but I'm not too crazy about stockpiling ammo, as it could give campers massive advantages (use your ammo, take that of other dudes, grab thier gun, wash, rinse , repeat.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:33 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
if this were Et, I"d be for it, but not necessarily in TC:E, just because it could be exploited by rushers/spawncampers.

i know what u mean, and allready thought of it, i know why u think people r going to exploit it, example: u stand near the enemy, he keeps shooting u, but u keep using the saved life packs,

but thats not the case, im going to explain why:
once u used the life pack your life bar will regain but at a extremely low pace, plus u cant use all the life pack at once, u can use another after the life pack your currently using has your life bar full. and u shouldnt be able use another life pack when your life bar is full at the moment.

so its unexploitable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:20 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

something like that would work. I would also like to suggest that if you get shot, the healing process stops. that or you need to stay still to use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:23 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the maximum life packs u should be able to save should be like euhm 5?
just to better the gameplay and to get rid of the exploits.

also realistic, i mean who the hell is capable of carrying more than 50 life packs?