All times are UTC

Post subject: survival mode
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

please read this attentively, and do not skipp any sentances or u will ask unnecessary questions.

after watching many bank robbery movies,

i came up with an idea,
but this game mode can only be used on maps that are specially made for this particular game mode,:
the point of this game mode is who can survive the longest,
its not easy to make, it requires allot of programming,

Terrorist and specop have to do the match 2 times to finnish the game,
in the first match the terrorist are trapped inside the building, and the second match the specop are trapped in the building, so 2 matches in 1 game to be able to finnish the entire game, point of this game is for 1 of the teams to survive as long as possible, the team that survived the longest will be the winner hence the title survival mode,

now this game mode requires a small reasonable building in the whole entire map, all the other buildings serounding the small building should be camp friendly, also it requires a timer somewhere on the player's display.

the small building in the middle of the entire map should have windows that snipers can look through, and it would be kinda suicidal for the ones that are trapped inside the building to go outside the building, so it is very immersive for the players that are trapped inside the building, cause they have to be really careful, they cant just walk infront of the window, for example a player would need to crawl to bypass a window,

the players that are trapped inside the small building should be very defensive, the small building the players are trapped in should have different entrances that the specop/terrorist can come in to, there should also be a tunnel to get inside the building from down under,

so the players that are inside the building should really plan how to set the best defence, it requires an outstanding team work to survive the match as long as possible,

and the teams that have to kill the players inside the building should really plan how to attack the enemy trapped inside the building, so the they also have to teamwork and plan allot of how to get in the building safely, thus immersive gameplay,

as i said the point of this game mode is for the ones trapped to survive as long as possible, so... the one's that are trapped should have 1 life, the one's that have to kill the one's that are trapped in the building should have infinit life, he can respawn, yes it is realistic, just pretend that evry re-spawn represents a new life new soldier, pretend that there are a whole army trying to kill the one's trapped in the small building,

so.. point is, the team that are trying to kill the enemies inside the building should kill all the enemies as fast as possible, and the one's that are trapped/inside the building should survive as long as possible,
the team that survived the longest is the winner

afcourse this whole concept needs a bit refining. i just posted a raw new idea.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

something like this sounds really cool. like a stopwatch/standoff idea.

it would take a fair amount of doing to getthe maps proper and not overly unbalanced, but that could be counteracted by, say, the defending team must have a lower playercount.

and it could have some ounce of realism, considering that after a long standoff, the team outside is more likely to come inside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:59 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Hmm... interesting, but keeping it balanced is going to be difficult.
Those hiding inside should have many places to hide/take cover. Those inside should also probably need access to stronger weapons, while those attacking would have smaller, more compact weapons (aside from snipers outside) so they can move quicker and are able to use "spray-and-pray" tactics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:43 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it will always be balanced, because both team have to attack and survive once,
like i said, 2 matches 1 game. first match the terrerost are in the building, second match specop are in the building. because otherwise u arent able to play this survival mode,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:33 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
it will always be balanced, because both team have to attack and survive once...

I'm not talking on a Per-Match basis, I mean a Per-Round basis.
Sure it will be balanced in that way, but I'm talking it needs to be made to where the ones surviving actually have a chance to win and aren't (unreasonably) overwealmed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:39 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

u r right about this..., especially if a team has 1 less player,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:41 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
u r right about this..., especially if a team has 1 less player,

Now were making some headway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:23 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
say, the defending team must have a lower playercount.

*cough*

>_>

<_<

>_>

anyhow,

twists and turns in corridors/empty rooms are a must. it'll give place for recon and also allow rushers to be slowed/stopped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:45 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

it wrote:
it wrote:
say, the defending team must have a lower playercount.

*cough*

your trying to say that i dont read right? wel ur wrong,
"the defending team must have a lower playercount"

"must"

so dont think your clever, cause your really not, now your back in my ignore list

/IGNORED
^too bad though wanted to give him a chance he screwed it again by giving dumb remarks^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:02 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
/IGNORED
^too bad though wanted to give him a chance he screwed it again by giving dumb remarks^

Oh well, I guess I can keep him company (I'm probably already there, but in the off-chance that I'm not, then this post should do the job).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:04 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

but lets say 2 teams competing with each other, 1 team survived 6 minutes,
and in the next round its the other team's turn to survive, they have to survive longer than 6 minuts, but once they pass the 6 minuts, that would be another issue for the devs,
there are 2 options for this issue:

1.- if the team survive 1 second longer than the pervious team the match automaticly stops wich means a victory for the one that survived a bit longer

2.- if the team survived longer than the pervious team, it means that the game continues untill they've reached their highest surviving time, meaning that the other team should have another chance to break the record of the team they are competing with and if they manage to even get a much higher surviving time, than the other team they compete with should have another chance "again", this whole game keeps on going untill 1 team failed to break the record of the team they are competing with, wich gives the gameplay more excitement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:44 pm 
High Master
High Master

So basically, this is just Team Last Man Standing, with special maps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:53 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

so basicly u havent read the first post.
and if u have read it and think this is the same like the last man standing,
than u just dont get my whole idea, wich mean u could just shut up.
cause if u dont, u waist the free space of my thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:35 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
but lets say 2 teams competing with each other, 1 team survived 6 minutes,
and in the next round its the other team's turn to survive, they have to survive longer than 6 minuts, but once they pass the 6 minuts, that would be another issue for the devs,
there are 2 options for this issue:

1.- if the team survive 1 second longer than the pervious team the match automaticly stops wich means a victory for the one that survived a bit longer

2.- if the team survived longer than the pervious team, it means that the game continues untill they've reached their highest surviving time, meaning that the other team should have another chance to break the record of the team they are competing with and if they manage to even get a much higher surviving time, than the other team they compete with should have another chance "again", this whole game keeps on going untill 1 team failed to break the record of the team they are competing with, wich gives the gameplay more excitement.

So it's similar in concept (not necisarrily in execution) to Assault mode from Unreal Tournament (where one team attacks, then the other team tries to beat their time in the following round).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:59 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Evil_Muska wrote:
So it's similar in concept (not necisarrily in execution) to Assault mode from Unreal Tournament (where one team attacks, then the other team tries to beat their time in the following round).

i guess so, i never played UT, not my kinda game,

game would only end if 1 team cant beat the record time of the team they are competing with.

or the nr.1. idea from my 3rd last previous post, what u think?