All times are UTC

Post subject: Inquiry about a potential exploit...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:51 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Frylock recently sent me this via PM....

-ATHF-FryLock wrote:
I'm not sure if this should be considered and exploit or not. Recently I've been seeing clans use a hybrid of free aim and normal iron sights. I'm sure you've tried free aim, maybe you liked it more, but I am sure you can see it has its pros and cons. Is what the players are doing is making a bind to disable and enable free aim, which allows them to change in a middle of a fire fight. With free aim I find it easier to compensate for recoil, but I also find it to jump compared to normal firing. I know this isn't the case for every one. I know its not that big of an issue, but for clan matches I say it is a bit of a unfair advantage. However, for the most part I don't think it's that big of an issue, but I've seen players who make their gun go free aim when fire (/bind mouse1 "Toggle freeaim; +attack; -attack" I'm not sure what the free aim command is though.) which I think is a bit of a problem, but only for those clan matches.

Since most players do not know how to do this, and it can give a player a bit of an edge, which I think it is slightly unfair. I know it sounds a bit knick picky, but I know if waited till the game was on its last bug fixes, then I'd fer get.

I didn't make a thread because I personally think it is a decent size issue for clan matches, and I don't want people to find out about it. If this isn't an issue, then that is fine. If it is, and your not the right guy to contact, then just send it the right way, if you will.

Thank you for your time,

I'm not sure on this one, what do you guys think (since ya'll are far more familiar with the game and technical aspects of it in general)? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

this falls into the "Grey area" of cheating IMO, it's not cheating per se, but it's giving them an advantage...

I think this kind of thing is more of a per-server thing. it's like trickjumping and such.

IMO, maybe having free-aim selected by the server would help.

but in the end, I'd put it under "tweaking" it's probably in the same category as binding keys to adjust sensitivity.