All times are UTC

Post subject: TKING system
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:09 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

now wat im thinking is that when someone tks u, whether its on purpose or not, you could have a choice of what the punishment is. that way there would be alot more tking in TC:E

like:
-slap him (gives him damage)
-turn him into a beacon (a flashing light coming from him, telling the enemies where hes hiding)
-turn him into a time bomb(set him on a ten to 15 second time bomb that explodes when it hits 0 and doesnt give off splash damage)
-burn him(automatically sets him on fire and gives him a good 20-25 seconds to say his prayers)
-and lastly let him go without a punishment (forgive)

P.S. all of this I saw on Day of Defeat (if any of u have ever played it before)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:27 am 
High Master
High Master

I'd prefer a two way punishment system. If you file, I think you should be get punished as well. To prevent those lame ass players who files when they run in your line of fire, or tk you while your cooking a nade and file because your cooked nade got them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Problem is, how does the game know this? How would the game know they ran into your line of fire and how would the game know what is an accident or not?

It is better to just play nice and not let anything become a reason to create a bad atmosphere on the server.

Only when someone really is constantly TK and it looks like it is on purpose - such as in the spawn area, then the players can call a vote for kick. Filing complaints and reducing points obvoiusly doesnt work as presented by your situations with the running into your line of fire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:57 am 
High Master
High Master

What I mean is, when you file a complaint, you always get a punishment in return, so that people will only file when they have a reason. For instance, if you file 5 times a match your kicked, when it takes 3 to kick a player who tk's. Or you run slower after you file next round. Something along those lines. Or maybe even you get a flashing becon on you so that you stand out like a tiger amongst house cats. (People filing is more of a problem for BC and CTF players, so if you don't play them much you may not understand how *I need a large hot beef injection ♡* it can get)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:13 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Yes but how is the game suppose to know that you walked into a team mate's line of fire aside from the teammate intentionaly shooting at you. To a computer, they look the same. No AI today has the capability to tell the ethics in shooting and wether or not you shot the guy or he ran infront of you.

So the complaint filing is really ineffective and can be abused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:24 am 
High Master
High Master

I mean, you always get a punishment in return, not only when they run into your line of fire. This will keep people for filing just because they felt like it, and people will only file when they feel that the TK was intentional. I'm not talking about they get an = punishment, I'm saying that if a player files 5 times they get kicked, however, it should take files to kick a player who tk's them. This way the player has to use discretion on who he files a complaint on, not the PC.

Yes, some times people intend to TK; however, a lot of the time its just a player who wants to be an ass. All this will do is prevent a player from making to many complaints his or herself, to filter out the asses. Making a punishment for filing will, or should, stop players from filing when they don't have a good reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:15 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I would like to see a system for TKers where it's total damage that leads to kicks, and not necessarily complaints filed. it could be something high (1000 damage, or 10 full kills)which may seem excessive, but it would work. maybe even after a certain point (500 damage?)the player who damages gets a penalty like starting with less and less health each round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:21 pm 
High Master
High Master

Well instead of getting kicked, I'd prefer the player get permanently flashed (Like he always just got hit by a flash bang) after he tk's to much. (And it comes back every time he spawns.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:40 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

it wrote:
I would like to see a system for TKers where it's total damage that leads to kicks, and not necessarily complaints filed. it could be something high (1000 damage, or 10 full kills)which may seem excessive, but it would work. maybe even after a certain point (500 damage?)the player who damages gets a penalty like starting with less and less health each round.

actually they already have a system that does that. after a certain amount of team kills, the player that commited all of em would automatically be kicked for 2 hrs for too many tks. im not exactly sure how many tks u need to get to get kicked but it has happend to me several times, and only cause ppl kept gettin in my line of fire...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:25 pm 
Expert
Expert

f1