All times are UTC

Post subject: fire mode discussion
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

in 0.48 i could use the single fire mode the whole time with out having problems, in 0.49 i have to use auto to increase my surviving chances, and this does demage a big amount of tactical factor of TC:e, its becomming more fast paced arcade,

so my suggestion is.... to allow players to use the single fire mode again just like V0.48, and not to be so depadent on the auto fire mode, perhaps a bit higher demage rate?

having a hire demage rate will make players play more careful when their in combat situations so it will also gain the tactical factor and reduce the arcade factor,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:28 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

why would a gun be stronger if you shoot it single?

and TCE being a one shot one kill is realistic but is just "horrible for gameplay" as I have been told....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:58 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

0.48 had a kinda 1 shot 1 kill gameplay, it was fun and the gameplay wasnt demaged or whatsoever, i loved it, and i think allot of people do too, TC:e sepose to be tactical not arcady, having a higher demage rate wil improve the tactical factor of TC:e.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:07 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I like damage the way it is. you go down easy, but not too easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:14 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I would say the damage is pretty realistic already. It is just that, in reallife, 1 shot can knock down a man but may or may not kill him, in TCE or any game, something like that will not be fun as you will keep getting killed constantly and the game will be a drag. - all it will take is one camper and the gme grinds to a wait-a-thon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:04 am 
High Master
High Master

I do fine with single shot, not as good as it used to be, but it still rocks. As for the damage, 1 shot shouldn't kill instantly unless its in the head. Soldiers, who's vital organs are damaged, still can fight, and it happens quite commonly. Now, since tc:e doesn't have ballistics in it, for instance being knocked down by a bullet or push back, the next best thing they can do is make you take a few shots before you die (Though not many). However, I would like to see a bleeding system so you die soon after being badly wounded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:09 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well the bleeding system is as close as we can ge tto realism - as seen in AA, it works really well. 1 Shot can get you killed but not immediately. Unless we consider bullet proof vests - shots on the vest or helmet should only disorient you for a few seconds, maybe drop you on the ground and you need to get back up but it shouldnt hurt you unless it was a shot froma hollow point or high cal weapon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:43 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

or, they could be used to prevent bleeding in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:57 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
1 shot can knock down a man but may or may not kill him, in TCE or any game, something like that will not be fun as you will keep getting killed constantly and the game will be a drag. - all it will take is one camper and the gme grinds to a wait-a-thon

0.48 was allready like that, and noone was complaining about it, except for the sniper issue,

but dont forget about bullet-proof vest's and bullet drops, those will definitely balance the gameplay and preserve the fun-factor.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

What I meant by knock down was literally jsut knock them down but still allow them to stand up when they regain balance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:09 am 
High Master
High Master

I don't see a difference in how fast you die in .48 and .49. I do. however, see people aiming worse than before. I put my gun on single and kill with 2-3 shots in both .48 and .49. The problem isn't lack of damage, it's free aim effecting your aim. The gun is not always centered when you put up iron sights. Believe it or not, this effects you when your aim. A lot of people pull there guns up to the side, or over compensate when trying to fight off recoil, and aim down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:54 am 
Expert
Expert

at this range (tce maps)"bullet drops" as the devs have said will do approx 0. so how that affects the fun I am unsure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:03 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

The maps are too small for proper balistics and bullet drop or even windage. TCE is really close quarters removing the need for these other simulations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:08 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

also, I think they already added it. iif I'm not mistaken, it's in the .49b changelog. from what I know, it'll only affect suppressed rounds traveling half way across a map. and even then its barely noticeable from regular recoil.

and I agree with fry, it's not that it's harder to get a kill, it's that everyone is beginning to suck. I Can still kill exactly the same as I did before, the only difference is I need to think about sway when I do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I do things a bit differently, Id pounce out of a corner and blast away without the sights at point blank, they never know what hit them. Well it has been a long time since I last played TCE, those exploit maps making into 049b first really was a turn off.