All times are UTC

Post subject: Damage
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:43 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

If you take any damage, you get red stuff on your uniform. I'm assuming that it's blood. If it is blood, I'm assuming that you are bleeding, so why does it stop?

I thing it would add something to the game if say you took 25% or more damage, that you would bleed out and die in 2-3 minuits. Say a full 3 min at 26%. Anything less than 25% no bleed out.

In BC there are med packs that could be used to stop the bleeding if your willing to move around the map. That might motivate the players who like to hang back to keep their spawn and other safer places secure.

In OBJ matches, you better just get the job done. Or put the meds in obj, but they would only stop the bleeding, not increase health.

I think it would be interesting with added realism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:24 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I agree with you, if a bleeding system could be added, it could be a trigger_hurt-esque system, like poison needles in jaymod and such.

maybe you carry a bandage, similar to the revival needle in ET, that you only get one of, but you can use it to stop bleeding (not revive, though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:42 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I like that better, a personal med kit so you dont have to run out and get one from a corps. There is some open slots now with the reduced grenade load out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

maybe at the expense of a grenade, you can have a second one, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:43 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

also if you get shot bu a gun why don't you fall down???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

It ruins the gameplay if that happens in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:20 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

it wrote:
maybe at the expense of a grenade, you can have a second one, too.

It would be a slick setup for OBJ matches, it would change the way the game is played, not that its bad now. It would be an interesting twist, and I guess a bleed out system would be quite possible considering the way poison needles or drowning kills you now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:34 pm 
Expert
Expert

It may just be me, but in 0.49b because of the freeaim I have had to change my entire play style. In 0.48 it was more than easy to run and gun, and after getting used to where the ironsights would come up, I could drop people fast, even after a sprint round a corner, or a suprise attack.

0.49b's ironsight system threw me off for a while, but I have gotten used to it and wouldn't change it for the world- it makes me take every corner slower, move more tactically and basically really immerses me in the game.

As a result when I come across an enemy I can usually (read: 85% of the time) drop them then and there, they do not manage to escape with only a few bullets in the legs.

With that in mind, considering how the rounds take more full use of the default 5 mins, bleeding out could actually work. That said, I don't think it can be implemented to a realistic and fun level; There will always be the arguement over how long it should take you to bleed out, and the difference in correlation with ammount of wounds/damage taken and the caliber of the rounds. Not to mention the way to reverse the effect/stop the bleeding.

Personally I'd prefer something like the following:

1 bullet wound from 9mm = 30 second bleed out. -3 secs for each extra bullet (eg: shot 3 times but survived would mean you had about 20 seconds to hide and begin bandaging or whatever.)

1 bullet wound from 5.56 (M4, M16, AKSU, etc) 20 seconds -3 each extra bullet

1 bullet wound from 7.62 (Ak47) 20 seconds. -4 each extra bullet

1 bullet wound from .50 (Deagle) 15 seconds. -5 each extra bullet (Though 2 deagle rounds normally kills a guy outright anyway.)

1 bullet wound from .338 (Bolt action rifles) 15 seconds. One is normally enough to kill a guy anyway.

This is just a rough idea, and I'm not saying these 'should' be the times, its just what feels right to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:47 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I think one of the big factors if it were implemented is how the beta testers/devs decided it could work. I think that I"d personally like to see a different rate for where you get shot, basically it gets fasterif you get hit higher on your body, such as a shot to the legs won't do as much as a shot to the chest or head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:12 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

The damage system for the different weapons is already in place and to simplify things I would just leave it the way it is. Being shot in the legs is no minor occurance since you have major arteries running through them, a single 9mm bullet in the leg could easily kill you in 4 min. In ET your health is stated as an HP #. So if you bring back the HP # system and start everybody at 100 and no more, then make a simple graph starting at 74% = 180 seconds and working down to 1% = 5 seconds to live it would be as simple as % of health = time to live using the damage system already in place. Or it could turn into a nightmare of arguments.

It was just an Idea, carry on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

something like that would work.I'm just trying to think about the logistics, though. since damage is replaced by the regional system, and the icon isn't all that telling of bleeding, maybe a seperate icon, a drop of blood, appears and goes from green to red as you begin to bleed out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:19 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

it wrote:
damage is replaced by the regional system

I didn't know the entire system was different, I thought probably just the icon with the #% thing removed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

from what I know, though, I think that each section has it's own "hp system" (like having three players stacked on eachother, but you control them all, and if one dies, they all die)

if you got that, maybe having bleeding only damage the one area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:13 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Ok, sounds good. Now ship this thread on over to the devs real quick, cause
I expect a lot from .49c
lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:49 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Toe Cutter wrote: