All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:01 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

He's actually around here somewhere, not posting though. Anyway, we already have TCE in those websites and even ModDB I presume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:23 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Stealth wrote:
Dragonathan, whatever your reasoning is to complain whether it be jealousy or whatever about the P.R. promoting StealthZone on their site is pointless. Who cares if they have my link. The way I see it is my site provides a valuable file download resource for new and old gamers. Who likes registering and then waiting in a que to download anything? I know I don't. Count how many visitors on your hand you say? Heh, I average around 48 GB (and rising..) of bandwidth each month. So I don't know where yourgetting your figures from.

I'm sorry you feel that way but I send hundreds of people each day to my site to download TC:E without troubles. A lot of companies and people know about my site. Even the company that owns the trademark "Stealth" knows about my site.

I'm not in it for fame or glory. I just want to contribute to the community. But when the community whines about the stupidest things, it makes it hard to feel good about what your doing whether you be a Dev Team or just a friendly website promoting the game.

Lately, I have been slacking on mapping and modeling due to real life situations and of course being married. I wish I could do more. However, it really makes me reluctant to release any new material like maps and models to the community if their gonna have the kind of attitude you have.

sorry that i might have insulted u, but all i was trying to explain was that P.R's should try to publish on more familiar websites such as IGN, gamespot, so u can attract allot more players instead of 7 players evry 1 month, there is nothing wrong with publishing on smaller websites, problem is, the popularity increases at a very very low pace,

Stealth wrote:
I'm not in it for fame or glory. .

well if your not for the fame and glory, than IMO u wont attract tons of new players to True Combat.

Stealth wrote:
But when the community whines about the stupidest things, it makes it hard to feel good about what your doing

if the community is whining, it means that the developers isnt doing something right,
ever played SIM city? if something isnt right, politicians and civilians whine,
so you or devs or who ever shouldnt take whining as an insult or annoyance, it should be intepreted as hints to do something right to fix something that people are complaining about so u wont hear any whining anymore,

but i do disagree with people whining about other people suggesting ideas that might improve the game even if its just a small minor little improvement idea, evrything that improves the game the slightest bit should always be treated with respect.

Stealth wrote:
Lately, I have been slacking on mapping and modeling due to real life situations and of course being married.

congratz,

Last edited by Dragonathan on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:59 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Even without publicly advertising TCE it will still remain the best and probably the only true total conversion of WET. ETF doesnt really count because it kinda just brings back Quake 3 in WET. There are abunch of other mods still in the making such as Wolf Frontlines and many others. However, with CS's popularity and problems (AKA Steam and ingame ads), many players turn to a free alternative with similar gameplay (well almost). In fact, what kind of WET fan wouldnt know about TCE? Majority, nearly all, know of those fans know about TCE. It just spreads through word of mouth, less on ads - this is obvious because we dont really advertise, TCE only get spublished on magazines or websites once in a blue moon, so really, it is word of mouth that makes it popular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:13 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

advertisement could be as powerful,
i came across 2moons trough an ad, and im glad i did,

so ad's can help allot,

if ad's didnt helped that much than why are there still tons of advertisements evrywhere? if it didnt help to increase populairty that much than i dont think we would see ad's at all, but we do see it allot, it means that it does help boosting the populairty for many companies,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:34 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ads do help fairly well, but it's really expensive to do.

but a cheap alternative would be a contest to make a TC:E signature, then we can use that to shamelessly advertise on other forums ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:19 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Hmm.. That isnt exactly illegal but it does take adavantage of free advertising. Not like I dont already do that with my sigs. Anyway most of the time my sigs promote AA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:14 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

ive got an idea how TCe could become more populare,

this requires someone that is very good in editing video's
he has to make professional promotion/trailer/teaser/commercial video's for TrueCombat.

and on all the videos, there always must be a message of how to download where to download and that it is a FREE game.

the one that makes all the videos has to be extremely active, at least 2 videos per month, and imo a big promo video for evry new release,

now there is only 1 place that he needs to show/promote all his videos to gain allot more new players, and this place is just the best place to promote your product publicly, plus its very cheap because its free

this is the place: www.youtube.com

youtube is the key to get allot of attention from allot of people,
but to get allot of attention u must keep releasing/updating a series of new video's all the time.

now an idiot right now is probably tempting to reply something stupid like: "there is allready allot of videos of TCe on youtube"
yes but all the TCe videos are amateur looking. the only one that looked pro is the official 0.49 teaser.

Last edited by Dragonathan on Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:40 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Idiot, yes, because there are no promotional videos of TCE, just videos of lame trickjumping, camping, cheating, spawn killing, and a lot of cheap kills.

TCE wasnt officialy promoted with videos as I recall. Except for the 049 teaser but that was more of an internal teaser within the existing TCE community.

We get more than enough attention from word of mouth and being the most popular WET total conversion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:55 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
We get more than enough attention from word of mouth and being the most popular WET total conversion.

trust me youtube is the best place to advertise your product,

xeno listen, i do marketing for living u dont need to contradict me dude..
word of mouth isnt enough, people r more attracted by sights/visions than words, for example, u go to a restaurent, u check the menu, u see disgusting food with worms, than im sure u aint going to eat that sh1t,

than u go to another restaurant, u check the menu, u see that it looks tasty and delicious and clean. than im sure that you and all the other normal human being are going to stay and eat in that restaurant,
than after ordering people will afcourse judge the food by it's quality, but the point is made, people are willing to try something out if the looks of it r seductive/alluring.

point is, eye candy's could be more effective than word of mouth,
and screw that word of mouth principle of yours, if you say that we allready get allot of attention of word of mouth and being most popular WET total conversion, than why cant TCe reach more than 500 playing people evry day? because your worth of mouth theory doesnt always work,

oh and:
[quote name='Dragonathan' date='Mar 21 2007, 01:11 AM' post='38058']
try this mod out www.truecombat.com, its ET's mod,
[/quote]

[quote name='Pennywise' date='Mar 21 2007, 02:52 PM' post='38099']
omg i hate this mod,...
It looks like a other game

[/quote]

i have more of these negative remarks from trying to do that word of mouth sh1t,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:49 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Well, can you find anyone who can make an actual AD? BTW I didnt contradict you, what I said was that none of those videos on youtube amount to any promotional videos, except taht they are just videos of cheap kills ingame.

Also, with QuakeWars coming, you have to mention TCE is a Wolf:ET mod, because Quakewars is also called Enemy Territory (same series)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:02 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
Well, can you find anyone who can make an actual AD?

Ad is atm unnecessary, like i said, they need a good video editor that is capable in making pro looking video's to put on youtube, wich is totally free..
but to get allot of attention the video editor would need to keep releasing/updating new vids often,

do u even realise how many visitors come evry minut on youtube?
well i can tell that its allot... youtube is the best source to get free publicity,

for example this guy just made a simple video where hes beatboxing 1:39 minutes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Tt229laCE
and he has more than 412,000 views,

dude im telling u... youtube is really the best option for advertising TrueCombat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:07 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Technically Google Video - as they do own it now. In anycase, the only problem is getting someone to make that video - and it has to be of good quality using multiple forms of content not just big bold red text and ingame video of people running around the map shooting things. Perhaps a cinematic appeal + some good ingame action vids + the complete avoidance of using Arial size 48 bold red text (being sarcastic about the text, in general just avoid using text thats very very lame - just say it dont write it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:42 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
In anycase, the only problem is getting someone to make that video - and it has to be of good quality

i dont know who made the official 0.49 trailer but i suggest him to make all the vids, cause hes capable of making professional looking videos,

watch the classic 0.49 teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_86blInOEc

look at the views, 16,403 views... and thats absolutely not bad at all...
16,403 is really allot... but always estimate that 10 percent of the total viewers that are going to download, just a raw estimation i think out of the 16,403 viewers,
devs will get 165 new players, less or more, it depends on how attractive the game in the video looks like, now lets say if the video editor can reach more than 100,000 viewers, thats like 1000 new players or so...
but to reach such amount of viewers, the video would need allot of original gimmicks,

btw, why not a simple 1:30 minuts high poly CG trailer?
like terrorist and specop fighting each other, and in the end a terrorist throws a nade, viewers will see the nade comming to their direction, than when the nade is near the screen it explodes, BOOM!! than u see the TRUE COMBAT title appear on the screen, and after that u see a advertisement like:
----------------------------------
FREE!!

DOWNLOAD NOW!!

WWW.TRUECOMBAT.COM.
----------------------------------
and after that the video ends.
what u think? i never seen a high poly CG video from a mod... would be awesome...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:48 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

High poly CG? Well that isnt going to be easy, believe me, I do CG - the high quality kind - takes about a month or two to make 1 scene (photorealistic) and around 1-2 hours to render each frame of animation.

What we could do is use actual footage. You guys go meet up, dress up in costumes, bring props and run around an abondoned building. (lol jk).

We can splice together snapshot style footage. Kinda like its flashing or strobbing. In between each image the message appears and is verbally said. Then once that part is done, striaght on full speed ingame video.

This ofcourse would be better after they have fixed the player models because right now, it just doesnt look good.

---------------------------------------------------

We can try to import the TCE models and maps in the Source engine under GMOD - with GMOD we can actually stage and setup the entire action sequence to happen exactly the way we wnat to. Then it is simply a matter of using FRAPs of the like to record. So on and so forth with editing you get the point from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:30 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
High poly CG? Well that isnt going to be easy, believe me, I do CG - the high quality kind - takes about a month or two to make 1 scene (photorealistic) and around 1-2 hours to render each frame of animation.

i dont think it would much of a problem for just 1:30 minutes video length,
devs are using broad 3D programs, so imo, make a good use of it.

XenoKiLLer wrote:
What we could do is use actual footage. You guys go meet up, dress up in costumes, bring props and run around an abondoned building. (lol jk).

than a CG video would be much much more better, because u cant shoot a video and make it look pro if u dont have the professional equipments, u need a good camera lens, wich is very expensive, but devs are be able to make a great pro looking CG movie, because they have programs like MAYA that allows them to do that. or.. they would need a splendid professional video editor software that allows them to make the video look very professional if they wanna make an awesome real life video,

XenoKiLLer wrote:
This ofcourse would be better after they have fixed the player models because right now, it just doesnt look good.

now...!! thats what the devs really really... need to work on, the ingame models of TCe are just HORRIBLE!! :x

Last edited by Dragonathan on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next