All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:48 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

XenoKiLLer wrote:
We dont need to hire people to do ads we can do those ourselves by simply promoting the game and not making a bad image by using exploit maps and cheats.

Agreed.You guys can't imagine the # of bans we are getting over at CheatBusted.We are in the process of updating the ban list,but so far it looks like in the 50-100 bans for last week alone. Now I know that players can change their GUIDs,names and such,however what we are doing is one step in the right direction

http://www.gameservers.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:16 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

:? Well holy! Now look at the situation we have here, TCE isnt even as popular as CS, and it already is packed with cheaters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:06 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I don't want to take the thread to a different subject,but let me just say that a way to stop that is to do like AA does.Require for all players to register an account and that account is then linked to the game.That way no multiple accounts
The difference between TCE and CS is that TCE is open ground for hackers due to no accounts registrations and because no one ever did something as regulated as what we do.PsB and PBBans are doing ET,but they don't really look at TCE specifically

And now,back to your normal program ladies and gents.
Ideas on how to attract more players!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:10 pm 
Expert
Expert

yah well it doesnt help when te most popular bc server "tce-massa.com" has 2/3 hackers on EVERY DAY, including the top ranked player on the stats, lol. I have asked admins on numerous times to spectate this "minimoe" and have demos to submit, but every day he is on there wallhacking, amongst others. boycott this server if you wish to play a clean game. play on .45cal, those guys are cool and the play is fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:00 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

What we could do is / or atleat teh devs, is to actively support the cheats on specific cheat servers - and any server with those cheats activated will be free from PB and can be filtered out. That is exactly what is done in AA - cheat servers are allowed and can be filtered out in the browser. Its win win for everyone.

Making accounts would be good but the problem is we dont have the authentication servers to support that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:01 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

A solution to authentication servers is to do like for this site.
Upon a registration,the player is to receive an email and is to respond to that email with his chosen game name.Upon that,whoever is in charge of that would assign a random GUID to the player.
Now for this to work,the devs would need to remove the ability to change in game name while in game browser and also secure the GUIDs
Each time a player would want to change his name,he would need to send an email to the authentication department with the new name. The GUID is not changing
The only way for a new GUID is for the player to create a new account with a new email

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:30 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

That still doesnt stop them from just using a new email account does it. We could try to utilize PB hardware bans for caught cheaters. That is how they do it in AA, it should work for TCE aswell. With the hardwar eban they would need to get new computers - or which ever it is that gets banned, PB isnt telling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:02 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

It sure doesn't stop them from using a new email,however how many hackers do you think will re-register with a new email address?
Not that many
Not sure how the hardware ban would work on TCE.
PB is not giving that many to begin anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:44 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

That would sure be a problem then because hardware bans are the most effective means of stopping cheaters.

Then one more option would be to allow cheat servers but segregate them from clean servers, and official servers (no exploitable maps only approved third party maps and official maps). AA does that too, it seems to work for AA since there are rarely any cheaters on clean and official servers as they have their own servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:49 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

This is where you are wrong.
AA's official servers are not as clean as the leased servers.Why?Because the official servers are only running PB which is fine,but not good enough(we had to almost scream to get all official servers to run PB)
We are working on getting AA to accept anti-cheat scripts on official servers.
As far as clean servers,all clean servers are streaming 24/7 to at least one anti-cheat community and all servers use the scripts of at least one of the anti-cheat communities.In addition,the AA devs listened to the community(for a change.To be fair,they listen to us more and more) and added some hard to break code in 2.7 and 2.8 .Also,don't forget that the entire AA community is working against those hackers/cheaters
That explains why AA has less and less cheaters/hackers

But again,I think this thread is really going out of subject.XenoKiller,if you wish we can continue this conversation on PMs or we can continue on here so that all members can read.Tell me what you prefer,you are the mod.LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:31 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Naw, its okay.. Well the security difference between AA Official and Leased Official servers doesnt matter. What matters is that the cheaters can just go to thier own cheat servers with other cheaters and just leave those of us who want a clean (or atleast free of anything unfair) game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:06 pm 
Team Terminator
Team Terminator

We are looking into this type of system as we speak. There are several posibilities for secure and cheat free servers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:41 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

LordofKaos,
Let me know if CheatBusted can be of any assistance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:00 am 
Master
Master

Dragonathan wrote:
what i dont like about the P.R. work that the P.R's of TT did, is that they promoted their game on unknown websites like StealthZone,

you cant gain popularity by promoting on such little websites, if you are a skilled P.R. you would aim for a bigger goal, websites like: www.ign.com www.gametrailers.com www.giga.de <-- a german show that i watch evryday, those are websites that have more than 1 million visitors, unlike StealthZone, i can count how many people are visiting StealthZone each week on my hands.

Dragonathan, whatever your reasoning is to complain whether it be jealousy or whatever about the P.R. promoting StealthZone on their site is pointless. Who cares if they have my link. The way I see it is my site provides a valuable file download resource for new and old gamers. Who likes registering and then waiting in a que to download anything? I know I don't. Count how many visitors on your hand you say? Heh, I average around 48 GB (and rising..) of bandwidth each month. So I don't know where your getting your figures from.

I'm sorry you feel that way but I send hundreds of people each day to my site to download TC:E without troubles. A lot of companies and people know about my site. Even the company that owns the trademark "Stealth" knows about my site.

I'm not in it for fame or glory. I just want to contribute to the community. But when the community whines about the stupidest things, it makes it hard to feel good about what your doing whether you be a Dev Team or just a friendly website promoting the game.

Lately, I have been slacking on mapping and modeling due to real life situations and of course being married. I wish I could do more. However, it really makes me reluctant to release any new material like maps and models to the community if their gonna have the kind of attitude you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:02 am 
High Master
High Master

Don't bother, Dragonathan hasn't been around for over a month, and we wouldn't even bother reading your post. He'd just qote a small part and put words in your mouth.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next