All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:40 pm 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I think the sprint is set up good for the size of the maps, unrealastic or not it's the way the game is. I agree that you shouldn't lose all stamina after 2 jumps, but it's WAY BETTER than .48 where it was sometimes nearly impossible to jump up to anything 2 ft high running or standing. Disagreeing with dragon is useless because he refuses to even consider another view point. He will just chop the words from my post that he wants to see and use them in his next. I think if all of his suggestions were used, the game would be reduced to enemy territory with different skins and a few exrtas like free climb. I'm not going to search his 1500+ posts and pull quotes for proof of this, I'm just going to stop replying to his ( I think ), because it is impossible to have a mature conversation with anyone who refuses to see other points of view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:10 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I could live with the sprint staying, but the jumping is the only thing that really bothers me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:58 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
I could live with the sprint staying, but the jumping is the only thing that really bothers me.

Agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Toe Cutter wrote:
I think if all of his suggestions were used, the game would be reduced to enemy territory with different skins and a few exrtas like free climb.

reduced to enemy territory?? you dont know what your saying do you, i never suggested a single feature that will make tc:e look like ET,

Toe Cutter wrote:
like free climb. I'm not going to search his 1500+ posts and pull quotes for proof of this, .

because you cant find any, :roll: WOOOOMP WOOOOMP WOOOOMP....

Toe Cutter wrote:
I'm just going to stop replying to his ( I think ), because it is impossible to have a mature conversation with anyone who refuses to see other points of view.

please do... it is not me who refuses to see other points of view, it is you that refuses to see other points of view, i have the right to give opinions on evryone's comment, its not against the forum rules, if you cant stand that, than it is you that cant have a mature conversation,

Toe Cutter wrote:
I'm just going to stop replying.

i really hope you do...

p.s. 1 last thing, i didnt cut your post. :wink: reason i cut post's is because allot of haters say bucnh of bullshit, so i try to find the most importent part of the post, wich is really difficult to find if people keep whining about "waste of time" "not worth the time" you know whats waste of time, posting post's to prove you find it a waste of time, if you really think its a waste of time, than you probably know sure that the devs think the same way too, so why bother?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:53 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

You truly are a *i-need-a-broader-vocab* retard.

Last edited by Toe Cutter on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:00 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

Toe Cutter wrote:
You truly are a *i-need-a-broader-vocab* retard.

^this just proves that your the one that cant have a mature conversation^

evryone please stay on topic,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:06 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

thanks for ruining another mature convo, dragon.

on topic: a reduction of stamina usage for jumping is a good idea IMO, just as long as it doesn't go down to 1/8 like ET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:16 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

it wrote:
thanks for ruining another mature convo, dragon.

:roll: x 50

it wrote:
on topic: a reduction of stamina usage for jumping is a good idea IMO, just as long as it doesn't go down to 1/8 like ET.

Yeah, around 1/4 to 1/6 per jump is more along my thinking....
jumping 4 times in a row before stamina is gone would prolly be the best solution (even though a trained soldier could most likely do more, 4 jumps is reasonable enough for a game).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:23 am 
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

I agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:39 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Toe Cutter wrote:
I agree.

Finally!

Peace!

Love!

Sweet Serenity and Brotherhood!
:P

'waits for Dragon's next post'

'sobs'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

XenoKiLLer wrote:
So I suggest, instead of making jumping stamina based, they could just make it that after each jump you are disoriented for a few secs making aiming straight harder but not impossible.

^best suggestion^ its realistic and the devs are aming for realism,

losing stamina after 4 jumps? my 2 year old cousin can jump 30 times in 1 minute with out getting tired... with heavy toys on his hands.

what xeno suggested is realistic and also good for the gameplay, what evilmuska suggested will ruin the gameplay and its not realistic :roll:

but i can crawl in someone's perspective who dont mind game fiction, but really, the gameplay should never be fictionised if it sepose to be a realistic game. the things that could be fictionised are the looks of the model characters, like the gears handgloves mask's, ghost recon is a good example,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:27 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

a young child =/= a 20-30something adult carrying a good 20-30 lbs in gear. gravity is harder to overcome in that case.

I agree that xeno's idea is a good one, but for the time being, as in an "until we can do the other" measure, I think the stamina reduction would work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:16 pm 
Expert
Expert

Personally I like how it is now, having those 2 jumps, possibly 3 makes you stop and consider if its worth it.

I was reading the thread and each time someone posted something I was screaming "You carry that much weight and jump x ammount of times!!" Seriously, comparing a fully kitted out SWAT trooper to a child with 'heavy toys' in his hands is rediculous.

I do, however, like a part of Xeno's idea: having you be disorientated after a jump, making it harder to aim for 2-3 seconds is good.
Though I don't like the idea of jumping not taking away stamina, because it does take away stamina- How the hell can you say thats realistic Dragon?

You go run around your garden, or up and down your street a bit and then try jumping while out of breath. Its not easy, and you most definately do not jump as high as you do when you aren't out of breath. Now think about doing that again while carrying full kevlar, a fully automatic assault rifle, radio, probably a facemask and grenades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:03 pm 
Forum Master
Forum Master

Dragonathan wrote:
losing stamina after 4 jumps? my 2 year old cousin can jump 30 times in 1 minute with out getting tired... with heavy toys on his hands.

So your telling me you made your 2 year old cousin jump 30 times in a minute carring toys just so you could come on here and attempt to prove your "point"? :?

I agree with Busch and it 100% on this.

Children have more energy than adults and can easily just bounce back from something so mildly stressful.
Like the others have already said, you cannot compare a 2 year old with toys in his hands to a fully decked out soldier toting a rifle around.

Try putting 30-40lbs on your back and jumping on top of boxes 3-4 times, I can bet you will be breathing hard after the 2nd-3rd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:17 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

the jumping subject should have it's own thread because the jumping issue go's much more deeper, so i made a thread about jumping:
http://www.truecombat.us/forums/viewtop ... 6264#16264