All times are UTC

Post subject: additional interface's
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:05 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

READ ATTENTIVELY

TC:E's interface designs looks decent, but it looks a bit "bald", because it doesnt have that extra interface ornaments,

there are a few things that could make tc:e's game design look a bit better and more fancy,

it would be cool if tc:e have a traditional GAME OVER interface, like what allot of games have, like METAL GEAR SOLID for example,

so what i suggest is a cool GAME OVER interface evrytime you died,
it dont have to be a complex design, when you die you should see your dead body from topdown view, but the view angle should be the same evrytime you died, and the hud should disappear, there should only be 3 TEXT's that you should see on your screen,

1.GAME OVER.
2.killed by:"name of the one that killed you"
3.press [space] to continue.

and when you die your screen color should have a different color, what i suggest is an old film type of screen color,

something like this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

tc:e's game-designs also lack's that "easy newbie-friendly informative" designs, for example... the obj bomb could have a simple info that appears evrytime you mouse over the obj bomb, it should be a simple text with maybe a simple lining design,

something like:

this is not only useful for new player's, it also gives a little bit extra touch to the interface designs and it makes the interface feel less "bald"
and it makes tc:e look more pro,

i know that some of you people will probably say that evryone will know that it is theobj bomb... but like i said "it gives a little bit extra touch to the interface designs" there could be an option where you can turn these things off for those who hate interface's,

----------------------------------------------------------------------

the ingame font's of TC:E doesnt match with the whole theme, the current fonts of tc:e looks too ordinary for an extraordinary game.

see:

what i suggest are army font's, something like this:

^that would fit more to tc:e's theme^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:04 pm 
High Master
High Master

I do like the idea of having a more flashy interface. However, I must ask, why do you focus on the small things so much? I know it's the small things that can make all the difference in the world, however, TC:E is still in development, and the small stuff should be put off till last. Why last, because the game would more interesting, and the important features will come out faster if they didn't focus on a lot of small stuff. Things like guns, babes, and rock n' roll should be the primary focus. Also, things like new maps, better models, ballistics, and babes. Other things, like a user interface, who killed who, and newbie help is best implemented on the final stages of development.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:16 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

interface isnt a small thing, i care allot about the interface, because thats something you see on your screen the whole time,

and im not only focussing on small things, if i was focussing on small things than i would suggest something that people probably wont see when they play the game

but the interface is something you see on your screen the whole time. so thats why i think interfaces are importent too,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:35 pm 
High Master
High Master

Does the interface effect the game play? Does the interface add new stuff? Does the interface have hot chick on it? No, the interface is static, and does nothing except make the screen look a little prettier. Now, lets say you were creating a chick. She looks decent in the face, but has no breast. Would you A give her make up, or B, give her breast. A prettier UI is like adding make up to a chick with no breast, before giving her breast. Now tell me, do you want TC:E to have big ass titties, or a prettier face and have no titties at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:45 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

well this is my last "your are wrong again" post, cause im getting tired...

no fry... interface doesnt change the gameplay, the map textures doesnt change the gamplay either, since you care more about the gameplay, than let me ask you this, do you mind playing on a map where the textures are just white? because the textures doesnt change the gameplay you know... :roll:

is like this.. I prefer a awesome website with awesome UI and interface and flash animations than a boring html website with text's only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:54 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I'm with fry. it's not a major thing, and it should be left until the bugs, weapon balance and other issues are finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:00 pm 
High Master
High Master

I'm perfectly fine playing games older than you, I don't care about graphics, they are just an added bonus. Dragonathan, just about every post you make is on a minor feature, that shouldn't be focused on until later in development. For a game in BETA, a functional UI is all that is needed. Recognizable sound is all that is needed for beta. TC:E is in beta, bigger things should come before spending time making a new UI. New maps are better than a more flashy UI, new guns are better than a new UI, better textures, models, and lighting are more important than a flashy UI. If you don't like the look of the UI, you could always take it down, which there are console commands that will allow you to get rid of the UI. (I took down my UI when I played ET because it got in the way) Dragonathan, instead of suggesting all these minor things why don't you figure out some things that could prove useful, and then suggest it? Like a new game mode.

Things like Free Aim, Free Climb, and better hit boxes are things that should take priority. Things along those lines, things that set TC:E apart from other games is what the primary objective should be. Secondary stuff, like the UI, can be focused on later, like after the .50 patch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:05 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

I'm with it and Fry...

Who (aside from you) is going to have the time or energy to bring themself to the point of such abysmal boredom where they actually take time to notice TC:E doesn't have a pretty enough font?

Font is font, and there is no reason to change it when so many far more important things should be worked on.

and another thing..... GAME OVER?

You don't use Game Over in multiplayer games (it just looks funky and out of place), it's reserved for singleplayer (and it's rarely used there these days anyway).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:08 am 
Forum Master
Forum Master

[Useless Post]

I only posted this so my post count didn't sit at 666 for almost a week (pointless I know, but I had to do it out of sheer paranoia :shock:).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:23 am 
High Master
High Master

I don't feel that it's really a "Game Over" sort of thing when you die. You're out for the round, but that's about it, really, and then you are back in a few minutes later. And for bodycount, it would just be silly. Also, it doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the game.

As for the "easy newbie-friendly informative" design, as long as I can turn it off I don't really care. Seems to be a waste of effort, though, as you really should be able to figure it out after a couple of rounds.

I don't like the font idea either. They are too hard to read.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:38 am 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

you guys dont get it, not all the TT members are skinning guns and coding, they have UI & interface designers too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:36 pm 
Pwnzer
Pwnzer

I"m with kozak on this. the font is hard to read, and I really don't need a newbie friendly HUD. the last one I used had helpful tips that reminded me of "clippy" (read: spawn of the devil)